BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #45
BMWSAC
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzguntx View Post
You are right! That's the exactly what i want, i want the B&W, so that's the reason why i want that Acoustic glass.
The only option that i don't care is "night vision".
The trim we prefer the other one, but i have tons of time right now to consider about it.
As you said, when we build the full leather white & blue with matching headliner, it looks so stunning and amazing, so it's our first choice.
Hope they will bring those options back asap.

Totally, I say wait if you can and get it exactly the way you like it. If you're anything like me, owning anything less than, you'd be so annoyed and constantly asking yourself "WHY"

Night Vision saved me a few times, especially driving DownTown at night in the rain with all that glare and where people jaywalk between parked cars. At first I thought it was nothing more than a gimmick or "look at what I have", but no it works and potentially saved me a ton of time going to the lawyers and court.
Appreciate 2
MystroX56243.00
Paladin15456.00
      08-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #46
TestnDoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Made the mistake of test driving an X5M today. Uh oh....lol. Might be the way to go....
23 Countryman JW Cooper (wifey)
Appreciate 1
MystroX56243.00
      08-06-2020, 03:00 PM   #47
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

It’s a sickness.... In all serious, 2020 is great time to go balls out on a dream car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestnDoc View Post
Made the mistake of test driving an X5M today. Uh oh....lol. Might be the way to go....
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:05 PM   #48
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
tell me more. how does it compare / contrast to the 50i ?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 05:45 PM   #49
TestnDoc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphcbpa View Post
tell me more. how does it compare / contrast to the 50i ?
Oh my...not even a fair contest. I drove the competition version. The raw power is INSANE.. The ride quality is just as good if not better. The fit and finish is better. It had the Full merino Ivory/Blue which is gorgeous. I was not expecting to like the M that much. I have had 2 X5Ms in the past, both F15s, but the new one is on another level! Have to rethink this now LOL
Appreciate 1
jphcbpa299.50
      08-08-2020, 11:51 PM   #50
sebseb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzguntx View Post
You are right! That's the exactly what i want, i want the B&W, so that's the reason why i want that Acoustic glass.
The only option that i don't care is "night vision".
The trim we prefer the other one, but i have tons of time right now to consider about it.
As you said, when we build the full leather white & blue with matching headliner, it looks so stunning and amazing, so it's our first choice.
Hope they will bring those options back asap.
I mainly want the soft closing doors and B&W audio. I think the ambient lighting inside the speakers adds tremendously to the luxury of the car. I did want the heated/cooled cupholders but then found out they use peltier plates for it.

I get that suppliers are under constraint so why eliminate the option just in the US and not other countries? How come the M50i gets those options? Why do I have to get the V8 engine just to get the B&W??

I was ready to pull the plug on a 45e this year but the lack of options and lower miles than the EU version ruined the entire desire. Hopefully it's related to the pandemic and they recover next year. There's not many appealing PHEVs out there.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 03:23 AM   #51
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSAC View Post
I get the appeal and with the "right" choice or colour scheme it works better than metal and wood trims.

But with our interior colour, it's absolutely an abomination. The rule of thumb is to pick a general theme then select the pieces and colours to fit in that narrative. Ivory White/Night Blue is a purely luxury sense of occasion, while Carbon Fiber expresses sportiness. Thus a red interior always works perfectly with Carbon Fiber trims, and depending on the shade, so would certain wood and metal trims (like those in Bentley and Roll-Royce), which do require some viewings before selecting the "perfect" match; while the red and Carbon combo, will work without thinking, looking and considering, just works. And also why the two metal trims BMW offers won't work with this colour interior at all. The Ivory White on its own can sorta get away with all trims, because it's literally a blank canvas, and any splash of colour would simply add character to it, however, with the shade of white BMW chose (Ivory), it's also why no matter what trims (colour) you add to it, it simply doesn't pop or stand out, that's why I've called it "meh" a few times and some members weren't happy about that
If only red was an option.

In fact, lack of colour options, for exterior and interior compared with the F15 is why I have kept my F15.
Added to the fact that BMW now see fit to reduce the options and offer packs of options instead of individual options means I couldn't spec a G05 the same way I specced my F15. It means you have to buy the car some idiot at BMW thinks you want, rather than the BMW I actually want.
So, that's BMW's loss, but I'm sure they don't care.
      08-14-2020, 02:52 PM   #52
TestnDoc
Private First Class
Rep

I decided to go with an X5 M50i. My dealer located a 2020 model with almost all the goodies I wanted on it. It’s a shame BMW is deleting so many options on the MY21 M50. Anyway, hope to have her the end of next week!
Appreciate 1
MystroX56243.00
      08-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #53
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
I decided to go with an X5 M50i. My dealer located a 2020 model with almost all the goodies I wanted on it. It’s a shame BMW is deleting so many options on the MY21 M50. Anyway, hope to have her the end of next week!
That’s a good move. 2020 is going to be THE year a fully loaded M50i is truly fully loaded. No soft close doors alone is a deal breaker at this price point. Your new 3+ second 0-60mph M50i luxury SUV is gonna have to be fast enough. Seriously think about that in context. I know power can be a endless dragon to chaise but damn that is friggen fast for a performance car let alone a suv.
Appreciate 0