BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-12-2020, 05:49 AM   #1
Baron G15
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G15 8 Series, Audi Q8

How to Remove Rear Heated Seat Option from Idrive UI

I had a bunch of coding done the other day....myself via BimmerCode and then the more complicated options (assisted lane change ADV etc) performed by a programmer....btw thanks IFR for the suggestion to remove 8TR from my FA....this has been done, so hopefully I won’t lose the ADV next time there’s an Istep update.

Unfortunately, I added a non-applicable parameter to the heated seats / steering wheel rules within the Idrive UI.....it shows the option to activate rear heated seats (which my G15 doesn’t have).

I believe the offending parameter is
3E52 HU_MGU AKT_AUTO_SITZE_FOND

I know this is the Head Unit module which I can access via BimmerCode Expert mode but, which sub group is it located in....BimmerCode presented me with a number of them such as, telematics, system configuration, Navigation etc.....didn’t know which one the above parameter would be located in. BimmerCode only gave me the search option once I was actually in a sub group.

Many Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron G15 View Post
I had a bunch of coding done the other day....myself via BimmerCode and then the more complicated options (assisted lane change ADV etc) performed by a programmer....btw thanks IFR for the suggestion to remove 8TR from my FA....this has been done, so hopefully I won’t lose the ADV next time there’s an Istep update.

Unfortunately, I added a non-applicable parameter to the heated seats / steering wheel rules within the Idrive UI.....it shows the option to activate rear heated seats (which my G15 doesn’t have).

I believe the offending parameter is
3E52 HU_MGU AKT_AUTO_SITZE_FOND

I know this is the Head Unit module which I can access via BimmerCode Expert mode but, which sub group is it located in....BimmerCode presented me with a number of them such as, telematics, system configuration, Navigation etc.....didn’t know which one the above parameter would be located in. BimmerCode only gave me the search option once I was actually in a sub group.

Many Thanks
No problem.

You will lose ADV if/when KOMBI is programmed with the next upgrade. You shouldn't lose auto lane change though.

Heated rear seats is in 3000-HMI_SPEECH

I don't use BC so not sure how that's presented in the app.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 09:06 AM   #3
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
No problem.

You will lose ADV if/when KOMBI is programmed with the next upgrade. You shouldn't lose auto lane change though.

I saw the speech sub group, so I’ll give that a try. Many thanks for your help...

I’ll let you know how I get on
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 11:01 AM   #4
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
No problem.

Found it and corrected the parameter which removed the rear seat option in the UI. Thank you very much for your help, greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0