BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-23-2019, 11:07 AM   #1
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

BMW Customer Service Pretty Much Sucks

I emailed the BMW Customer Service for assistance in resolving isuses with my account and the BMWConnected app.
I used the contact link on the BMWConnected website on March 18. Today, March 23 I get this response:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

************************************************** *******************************

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. BMW is working on resolving the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

BMW NA ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care

In the meantime with help from folks on this forum I was able to fix the issues with the app on my Android phone and can now use the 3D remote view as well as the digital key card.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 1
BMPHIL642.50
      03-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #2
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Agreed. This is my second BMW, but the first one where I needed support to fix some small issues.

I expected more professionalism from huge international brand and a German one at that. Their geniuses aren't really all that. They give incorrect information all the time when they do not know the answer.

Let me tell you about the time tried to get a key card from the 800 number (NJ). I asked for a part number so that I could verify that i was getting the correct part. She told me her system doesn't show her the part number. Huh? I ended up getting the wrong part. BTW, no updates or tracking number could be provided. They said they would call me back with updates, they never did.

My sales advisor was no better at my local dealership. He installed the front license plate holder for me and it promptly dropped off the next day. He used the incorrect length screws.

There is more. BMW builds nice cars but everything else sucks.
Appreciate 0