BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-22-2024, 11:02 PM   #67
ioannisST
Registered
Rep
Drives: x5 f15 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vanguard- View Post
I dunno man. The last 4 BMWs including my G05 x6 40i that I just traded in had steering column motor issues. The G05 began to chatter while moving forward, while the other 3 all stopped working. Nothing to do with weather. This are all garage kept cars and never get that hot. Hell, it happened in the winter a few times.

Also, the power tailgate motors failed on my last 2 BMWs before my G05.

I am 100% confident in my statement that BMW uses a shitty motor supplier for these 2.
I believe you are 100%! It’s about BMW have cheaply made suppliers. Did you find a good aftermarket part sir?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 10:30 AM   #68
yzhou2004
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csparker View Post
Almost every time I got in my 2019 BMW X5 G05, the comfort entry steering wheel adjustment would not work properly. It would only come down a small amount, then stop. Very annoying! I figured it may just need to have the worm gear lubricated, and I was right! It's been 2 weeks with no no issues! I was able to use some electric razor lubricant (although there might be a better option, DO NOT use WD40 though). It's hard to reach the worm gear and associated lever (right side of last photo). I ended up using a cut bendy straw, filled it with the lubricant, then maneuvered it in place and dropped on the worm gear and lever. Problem solved for a few bucks and 10 minutes.
Yesterday my 2020 G05 steering column did not move at all after I start the engine. The lever did not respond either. Just came across this post. Thanks for sharing.

Just curious when you said ' It would only come down a small amount, then stop' did you mean it only came down slightly and completely stop or then it kept extending out just with a wrong angel.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0