E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Swap injector w/o removing intake

01-23-2017, 10:26 PM   #1
OmahaDZL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

Swap injector w/o removing intake

Hey guys, looking for someone with some serious injector experience here.....

Right now I have my intake off and 4 injectors out, 3 of them tested fine, one I need to replace...but I dont want to wait any longer...I wanna get my car back together and then when the new one comes in, I can just replace that single one..... at least thats my hope.... But for me to do that, I have to be able to be able to remove an injector, including taking off the feed lines with the intake manifold on.... And given that mine is currently off...I cant even guess as to which one MAY or may not allow that.

Any of you guys done that before? Or know "for sure" it can be done to a specific injector?

Thanks
OmahaDZL
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 11:18 PM   #2
DozerDan82
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

I have my engine covers off I will snap some photos for you tomorrow.

I also considered this question, and in short the answer is yes, in long it is not going to be accomplished without getting 'creative' with your current tool collection. Me personally I have zero qualms modifying tools.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 07:36 AM   #3
OmahaDZL
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerDan82 View Post
I have my engine covers off I will snap some photos for you tomorrow.

I also considered this question, and in short the answer is yes, in long it is not going to be accomplished without getting 'creative' with your current tool collection. Me personally I have zero qualms modifying tools.
My friend has the official removal socket, so thats the tool Ill be using...I assume thats what you are referring to about getting creative...a socket that has an opening for the line.

But which injector gives you socket access to both ends and enough space to get the line back out?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 07:57 AM   #4
DozerDan82
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

I have not seen the 'official bmw socket' but I am thinking it is not going to work with the intake on.

It looks like #1 is going to be your best bet, as the others have a webbing of the intake over them. Not to say you might have enough room to get the line out of the way.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
OmahaDZL
Lieutenant
Rep

Thats what I thought

Yeah I thought you might be saying that....1 is probably the best/only option...

I was hoping you were going to say something else...but it just might have to be 1....
Appreciate 0