10-05-2023, 05:48 PM   #67
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RmattBMW View Post
My solution for this was to tag all of the files with the same genre. When the system indexes all of the files you can search by genre, then shuffle from there will include everything.
Do you have a pre LCI? If so, as I do, I didn't need to do anything special, didn't need to tag music files with anything to get the car to shuffle through all songs on my thumb drive. I'm not at my car now to verify but I seem to recall I only needed to select Titles and then shuffle and it shuffles through thousands of songs perfectly. Here's a pic off the internet.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 01:15 PM   #68
Gene Horr
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Do you have a pre LCI? If so, as I do, I didn't need to do anything special, didn't need to tag music files with anything to get the car to shuffle through all songs on my thumb drive..
It is likely another LCI/idrive 8.x defect. The older idrive handled music on drives and players very well. The latest one is pretty bad.
Appreciate 0