BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-17-2022, 02:09 AM   #1
Shooterasu
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Help with Order Decision

Hoping to get some advice from this group. I'm moving to the USA this summer and I'm planning to order an X5 45e. Any advice on whether I should order now, or wait until they release details of the refresh? The local dealer said they will have more information on the next model in June. I have access to a loaner through my work, so not in a huge hurry. That being said, now that I've decided on the X5, it's really hard to wait!

Really appreciate the advice!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 05:52 AM   #2
Chas8283
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Check this out if you haven't already - lots already known. https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1887961

The big news is idrive 8 with new screens, along with removal of shortcut and climate buttons. 45e getting hp bump. Minor updates to the exterior, most obvious seem to be smaller headlights and revised bumper.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2022, 06:40 AM   #3
Royal1262
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooterasu View Post
Hoping to get some advice from this group. I'm moving to the USA this summer and I'm planning to order an X5 45e. Any advice on whether I should order now, or wait until they release details of the refresh? The local dealer said they will have more information on the next model in June. I have access to a loaner through my work, so not in a huge hurry. That being said, now that I've decided on the X5, it's really hard to wait!

Really appreciate the advice!
If you can wait for the 50e, I'd wait. As mentioned you will have a more modern look for years to come with the new displays, idrive 8, 100hp bump. Updated exterior styling. Possible faster charging speeds. Lighting option for the grill. Possibly no deletions due to chip shortages. Possibly they will bring back soft close doors, heated/cooled cup holders...etc
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 08:01 AM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Welcome to the forum and the US. It really will depend on when you need a vehicle. As long as you won't need the vehicle for another 12-16 months then waiting for the LCI would be an option. If you will need one sooner then you should either order one now, look for a used vehicle you can use for a year or so or see if you can have the loaner for that long of a period.
      05-17-2022, 04:00 PM   #5
Mr_Scoutmaster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Pinewood Derby car

While waiting for more or new options is fun - I'd also consider that there will most likely be a not-insignificant price bump to match. In addition, interest rates are also on the rise and federal/state EV incentives might start to dry up (Texas' EV rebate is done after this year). The only other thing that I also weigh is new generations tend to have a few bugs to iron out. If none of those things bother you, then so be it.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 09:41 AM   #6
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Scoutmaster View Post
While waiting for more or new options is fun - I'd also consider that there will most likely be a not-insignificant price bump to match. In addition, interest rates are also on the rise and federal/state EV incentives might start to dry up (Texas' EV rebate is done after this year). The only other thing that I also weigh is new generations tend to have a few bugs to iron out. If none of those things bother you, then so be it.
Just a FYI on the Texas rebate, it's capped at 2000 I believe, and there won't be anymore unless approved during the next legislative session.

When I last spoke to them a few months ago, they told me about 1/2 had already been allocated, with a bunch to still go thru and unless I had already submitted, don't get my hopes up.

I would still submit, but don't set your expectations too high
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 10:26 AM   #7
Mr_Scoutmaster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Pinewood Derby car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggie View Post
Just a FYI on the Texas rebate, it's capped at 2000 I believe, and there won't be anymore unless approved during the next legislative session.

When I last spoke to them a few months ago, they told me about 1/2 had already been allocated, with a bunch to still go thru and unless I had already submitted, don't get my hopes up.

I would still submit, but don't set your expectations too high
100% - One of the dealers actually submitted a reservation application with my name good out until October. What also cool is that while one dealer submitted, you don't need to buy from that specific dealer to utilize that reservation. I hope that will help when I get the vehicle in (currently status 111).
Appreciate 0