BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-10-2023, 08:03 AM   #1
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
I’m looking at X5 M50 versus X5M.

It looks to me like the only tire option that comes on X5M are summer tires. I live in Southern California so those tires would be great 90% of the time, but I do occasionally head up to the mountains/snow.

Given out in frequently, I head up to the snow I would rather equip the car with a set of high-performance all seasons, and then I can just use those wheels and tires everywhere I go instead of in Kearny expense and having a hassle with swapping out wheels and tires for winter tires the one time a year I head up to the mountains in the snow.

I currently have an F-15 ex five with the big 20 inch summer tires in staggered set up. I bought a set of 18 inch take off wheels and equipped it with winter tires, which I have been swapping on and off my car when I head up to the snow. In all honesty, it’s a big PITA given that I only go up once a year. I’ve also figured out that my F-15 winter wheels will not fit a G05. So I either need to get an entire new set of winter set up to go on the future X5 M50/M or I need to get one of those cars with high-performance all seasons. I think I would prefer the latter.

Can you get an X5M with all seasons?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 10:38 AM   #2
Jeff J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 X5M, '18 M2, '09 135i

Not from the factory, no. Full summer is the only option as a new build.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 01:17 PM   #3
FIXR
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

That’s what he said, stock comes with only performance tires. He’s looking for suggestions for 21” all season alternatives. On my previous X5s I’ve always used Michelin Premier LTX tires, absolutely great. Quiet and comfortable and great handling. And a 60K treadwear warranty. It’s a non run flat, but unfortunately it is not available in a 21” size. I’m definitely going with an all season tire after my 21” Pirellis go. I have a ‘22 45e. ((I’m still planning to go non run flat, regardless of no spare. I’ll get the flat repair kit)
Appreciate 0