BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-27-2021, 02:06 PM   #1
Mile muncher
Private
Rep
Drives: Merc

Two Small New Additions for Spring 2021 Models

From recent BMW Group Press Release:

1. “Nanoparticle filter as a new component of the 4-zone automatic air conditioning.

In many current BMW models, a nanoparticle filter will be part of the range of functions of the 4-zone automatic air conditioning. The system, which is unique in the competitive environment, is able to remove tiny impurities from the air flowing into the interior. The 4-zone automatic air conditioning with nanoparticle filter is part of the standard equipment in the BMW X7 and is offered as an option for the BMW 7 Series luxury sedans, the BMW 8 Series luxury sports cars and the BMW X5 and BMW X6 models.”

2. “BMW Individual Shadow Line lights for the BMW X5 and BMW X6.

The range of optional equipment for the BMW X5 and BMW X6 models is supplemented by the BMW Individual Shadow Line lights. They are available in conjunction with the optional BMW laser light and feature black inlays on the upper edge of the headlights ensuring a particularly expressive front view.”

I suppose 1 is a nice substitute for ambient air.
Appreciate 1
1230vani648.50
      01-27-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile muncher View Post

1. “Nanoparticle filter as a new component of the 4-zone automatic air conditioning.

In many current BMW models, a nanoparticle filter will be part of the range of functions of the 4-zone automatic air conditioning. The system, which is unique in the competitive environment, is able to remove tiny impurities from the air flowing into the interior. The 4-zone automatic air conditioning with nanoparticle filter is part of the standard equipment in the BMW X7 and is offered as an option for the BMW 7 Series luxury sedans, the BMW 8 Series luxury sports cars and the BMW X5 and BMW X6 models.”

2. “BMW Individual Shadow Line lights for the BMW X5 and BMW X6.

The range of optional equipment for the BMW X5 and BMW X6 models is supplemented by the BMW Individual Shadow Line lights. They are available in conjunction with the optional BMW laser light and feature black inlays on the upper edge of the headlights ensuring a particularly expressive front view.”

Where did you see/read this? I was hoping for a few of the lost features/options to come back but instead, we get these new ones...fail!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 04:12 PM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile muncher View Post

1. "Nanoparticle filter as a new component of the 4-zone automatic air conditioning.

In many current BMW models, a nanoparticle filter will be part of the range of functions of the 4-zone automatic air conditioning. The system, which is unique in the competitive environment, is able to remove tiny impurities from the air flowing into the interior. The 4-zone automatic air conditioning with nanoparticle filter is part of the standard equipment in the BMW X7 and is offered as an option for the BMW 7 Series luxury sedans, the BMW 8 Series luxury sports cars and the BMW X5 and BMW X6 models."

2. "BMW Individual Shadow Line lights for the BMW X5 and BMW X6.

The range of optional equipment for the BMW X5 and BMW X6 models is supplemented by the BMW Individual Shadow Line lights. They are available in conjunction with the optional BMW laser light and feature black inlays on the upper edge of the headlights ensuring a particularly expressive front view."

Where did you see/read this? I was hoping for a few of the lost features/options to come back but instead, we get these new ones...fail!
BMW Press Club Global
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...of-spring-2021

Also 2021 spring update was not posted for USA, so while nice these may not make it to our market just like the M Multi-function seats.

Appreciate 1
      01-27-2021, 04:49 PM   #4
Mile muncher
Private
Rep
Drives: Merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
BMW Press Club Global
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...of-spring-2021

Also 2021 spring update was not posted for USA, so while nice these may not make it to our market just like the M Multi-function seats.
Good point. Let’s see what happens.
Appreciate 0