Jlewisinsyr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 MINI Cooper Convertible S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlewisinsyr View Post
It's not my credit though…I don't think you are following and my SA confirmed my thoughts.

They confirmed I'm still good on a lock and should meet the cut off; but did say that they expect the MF to increase significantly assuming the rules play out as they are because BMW/BMW Financial will no longer be able to take the credit themselves (even though they don't pass it on right now) which they use in their MF and RV calcs. This is based on the info they are getting from their internal BMW teams.
I'm certainly following what you are saying but I'm discounting what your SA is telling you.
Guess it will be a wait and see…regardless, I don't think either of us are in the position to know what BMW plans to do.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 10:37 AM   #24
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlewisinsyr View Post
Guess it will be a wait and see…regardless, I don't think either of us are in the position to know what BMW plans to do.
True but years of history and some basic knowledge leads you to a conclusion.

For an example, all you need to do is look at the MF for the iX, it is the same rate as the other BMW vehicles. There was no change in that when the tax credit went away.
      11-12-2022, 08:47 AM   #25
LivefromVT
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 x5e

Production Date

Hi,

We are new to this forum and am soon to be new BMW owners . We are psyched to get this car, and frankly to get the tax credit by end of year (fingers crossed).

Here's our build:

2023 X5 xDrive45e
Alpine White
Coffee Sensafin
Fineline Stripe Brown High Gloss
Extended Shadowline
Luxury Seating Package
M Sport w/ 20" wheels
Parking Assistance Package
Trailer Hitch
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound
Wireless Charging

Timeline so far:
09/10/2022 Pre-Ordered
09/29/2022 Dealer received allocations

We aren't sure which week we are - need to call Genius when they open up at 10 AM this morning.

Just noticed (haven't been watching as closely as we probably should have been) that we are showing "Production Begins" in MyGarage and we have a VIN.

Did the F12 trick (took me forever but finally got it to work on Safari) and found that our Production date is 11/28/2022.

Does this mean we are week 48? Also, when it says Production date is 11/28/2022 - is that when the build will be complete?

Guessing it will take a few days to ship the car up to Vermont. We are trying to get this thing before the end of year...we were considering flying down to South Carolina if the delivery date was close, but looks like we may not need to.

Anywho - if anyone can help us understand this info - would be great. We are newbies to this

Thank you!
Kate
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 08:55 AM   #26
Cannondale900
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C, '10 535ixT, '91 M5

Garage List
2023 X5 45e  [0.00]
2015 LR4 HSE Lux + HD  [0.00]
1965 Shelby Cobra 4 ...  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
1991 M5  [0.00]
2010 535ixT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivefromVT View Post
Hi,

We are new to this forum and am soon to be new BMW owners . We are psyched to get this car, and frankly to get the tax credit by end of year (fingers crossed).

Here's our build:

2023 X5 xDrive45e
Alpine White
Coffee Sensafin
Fineline Stripe Brown High Gloss
Extended Shadowline
Luxury Seating Package
M Sport w/ 20" wheels
Parking Assistance Package
Trailer Hitch
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound
Wireless Charging

Timeline so far:
09/10/2022 Pre-Ordered
09/29/2022 Dealer received allocations

We aren't sure which week we are - need to call Genius when they open up at 10 AM this morning.

Just noticed (haven't been watching as closely as we probably should have been) that we are showing "Production Begins" in MyGarage and we have a VIN.

Did the F12 trick (took me forever but finally got it to work on Safari) and found that our Production date is 11/28/2022.

Does this mean we are week 48? Also, when it says Production date is 11/28/2022 - is that when the build will be complete?

Guessing it will take a few days to ship the car up to Vermont. We are trying to get this thing before the end of year...we were considering flying down to South Carolina if the delivery date was close, but looks like we may not need to.

Anywho - if anyone can help us understand this info - would be great. We are newbies to this

Thank you!
Kate
You are materially correct in your assessment of your situation. 11/28 should be rough completion date.....may slip a day or two, or take a day or two for quality control, carrier pickup, etc. East coast cars travel by truck and usually arrive a day or two after release from factory. You may have by end of that week but getting the car by the end of the year should not be a problem at all.
Appreciate 0