BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-16-2021, 12:08 PM   #1
jayo
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Drive Recorder disappeared after Update to 11/2020.57

My X5 45e just got back from the Hybrid Battery Test and when it was away they updated the software to 11/2020.57

However since I got the car back I can no longer access the Drive Recorder Application - its not listed in my installed apps.

When I check my ConnectedDrive profile its showing as a booked service and indeed it is showing in the list of booked service in the vehicle.

I have tried doing the iDrive reboot (holding volume button for 30 seconds) but it didnt fix the problem.

I am tempted to delete my profile and add it again, but I just though I would ask if there was anything else I should try before that.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 12:32 PM   #2
parkstr8
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 MSport Arctic Grey

It was there after my update last weekend...
Appreciate 1
jayo36.00
      03-16-2021, 12:59 PM   #3
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo View Post
My X5 45e just got back from the Hybrid Battery Test and when it was away they updated the software to 11/2020.57

However since I got the car back I can no longer access the Drive Recorder Application - its not listed in my installed apps.

When I check my ConnectedDrive profile its showing as a booked service and indeed it is showing in the list of booked service in the vehicle.

I have tried doing the iDrive reboot (holding volume button for 30 seconds) but it didnt fix the problem.

I am tempted to delete my profile and add it again, but I just though I would ask if there was anything else I should try before that.

Thanks,
Did you update apps & services? I believe the process is to pull up the menu where you see apps, press option, then update. You cannot do it when looking at the apps; only via the actual menu where you would tap to view the apps. Again, memory is fuzzy on this, haven't done it for a while.

I've also abandoned all hope of ever getting a remote upgrade. Still on 07/2019 or something here.
sebseb72.00
      03-16-2021, 06:11 PM   #4
jayo
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

timmahh you are a LEGEND!

Your solution worked - and you were correct, I could not do it on the screen that shows the apps - I had to move back to the next level above (or to the left), then press the "Options" button and selected to update the apps and services.

It only took a couple of seconds to perform the update, but the Drive Recorder App was then visible again.

I did have to run through the setup options again, but after that the app was available on my Home screen again right where it was before the iDrive update.

So thank you very very much, I really appreciate your help - it was driving me mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahh View Post
Did you update apps & services? I believe the process is to pull up the menu where you see apps, press option, then update. You cannot do it when looking at the apps; only via the actual menu where you would tap to view the apps. Again, memory is fuzzy on this, haven't done it for a while.

I've also abandoned all hope of ever getting a remote upgrade. Still on 07/2019 or something here.
Appreciate 2
timmahh483.00
volodp198.00
      03-16-2021, 08:40 PM   #5
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:

Your solution worked - and you were correct, I could not do it on the screen that shows the apps - I had to move back to the next level above (or to the left), then press the "Options" button and selected to update the apps and services.

It only took a couple of seconds to perform the update, but the Drive Recorder App was then visible again.

I did have to run through the setup options again, but after that the app was available on my Home screen again right where it was before the iDrive update.

So thank you very very much, I really appreciate your help - it was driving me mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahh View Post

Glad it's working!
      03-17-2021, 02:41 AM   #6
Wzon
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

I've also abandoned all hope of ever getting a remote upgrade. Still on 07/2019 or something here.[/QUOTE]

Same here, contacted BMW but they had a bad excuse like all cars are updated independent and yada yada yada. Then they turned off the remote update for the car as well.
Now they don't answer any of my emails.

That's not the premium I paid for...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 07:04 PM   #7
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

After yesterday’s OTA to 11/2020.50, all I had to do was reconfigure the settings to reactivate DR as the change log explains we loss previous videos that should have been downloaded before the upgrade.

Last edited by Xeno; 03-18-2021 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
jayo36.00
      03-18-2021, 11:18 AM   #8
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
After yesterday’s OTA to 11/2020.55, all I had to do was reconfigure the settings to reactivate DR as the change log explains we loss previous videos that should have been downloaded before the upgrade.
That didn't happen for me. Are you sure you got 11/2020.55? Everyone else is getting 11/2020.50.

My drive recorder retained the same settings it had before the update as well as keeping all the videos I had previously saved before the update.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 04:01 PM   #9
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

Typo 55 > 50 edited.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 12:07 AM   #10
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

I've got the weirdest behaviour to report.

All of a sudden, the BMW Driver Recorder app disappeared while my car does NOT have Connected Drive connection for several months.

It used to work just fine for months and I had it on the top right corner of the screen. It's now empty...

A 30 sec reset on the volume button didn't help.

Anyone know what's going on ? I'm on 11.2020.045.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 12:50 PM   #11
pontix
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:

cut

Hi jayo,
how do you like the Drive Recorder? I am thinking to get a X5 and get the Parking Package to get it (beside the 360 cameras which is a must). Does it work like a dashcam? can you access also remotely to the footage or only from the car? Is it easy to export the videos?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 12:51 AM   #12
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontix View Post
Hi jayo,
how do you like the Drive Recorder? I am thinking to get a X5 and get the Parking Package to get it (beside the 360 cameras which is a must). Does it work like a dashcam? can you access also remotely to the footage or only from the car? Is it easy to export the videos?

Thanks
Problem with drive recorder is that the camera's are on the outside and get dirty, resulting in bad image quality.

Overall the video quality is not as good as some after market dashcams.

My side mirror got run of last month. The drive recorder didn't pick it up. By the time I was over the initial shock, it was too late to press the record (save) button. (it only records the past 20 seconds or so)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 12:56 AM   #13
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post
I've got the weirdest behaviour to report.

All of a sudden, the BMW Driver Recorder app disappeared while my car does NOT have Connected Drive connection for several months.

It used to work just fine for months and I had it on the top right corner of the screen. It's now empty...

A 30 sec reset on the volume button didn't help.

Anyone know what's going on ? I'm on 11.2020.045.
Have you tried 'refreshing' the apps? I had a missing drive recorder app and was able to bring it back with this.

On the app screen,
click (or hold) on the 'options' button located under your iDrive controller.
A menu should pop-up.
Select 'update apps and services'.

Normally this is done automatically at night.

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 08:15 AM   #14
pontix
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
Quote:
Hi jayo,

Thanks
Problem with drive recorder is that the camera's are on the outside and get dirty, resulting in bad image quality.

My side mirror got run of last month. The drive recorder didn't pick it up. By the time I was over the initial shock, it was too late to press the record (save) button. (it only records the past 20 seconds or so)
Quote:
Quote:
Hi jayo,

Thanks

Thanks a lot! I have a Garmin Twin , I think I'll keep that too
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 11:37 PM   #15
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

Quote:
Have you tried 'refreshing' the apps? I had a missing drive recorder app and was able to bring it back with this.

On the app screen,
click (or hold) on the 'options' button located under your iDrive controller.
A menu should pop-up.
Select 'update apps and services'.

Normally this is done automatically at night.

I don't have the same menu when I click on 'options', I only get help or turn the screen off.

Do you know how can I refresh using a different method ?
Appreciate 0