BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-12-2023, 10:31 PM   #1
n8_fury
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw f36 gran coupe´ xdrive

Garage List
2019 bmw x5  [0.00]
I have tried charging the rear AGM battery, by taking it out and it showed the battery is already full at 14.2 volt.
I am yet to charge the battery under bonnet .
I am not sure if I can use the vector battery charger as I saw everyone used CTEK charger . Is there any issue if i use the vector charger ?
P.S: didn’t know I can charge the AGM battery by connect to jump points under hood.

Also this is CPO purchased in last 7-8 months , but i read cpo doc that they wont cover it .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 04:44 PM   #2
chefwong
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

Since you have the battery -out and removed-, charge it, and bring to to any local AutoParts store to load test it would be the 1st route to see if it's the battery. When you measure V, was it right off the tester - surface voltage ?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 11:02 PM   #3
n8_fury
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2019 bmw x5  [0.00]
Yes , right off 14.3 V
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 11:20 AM   #4
chefwong
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

Right off the tester = surface voltage. Rest it for 24 hrs off charger. Check V.
But since it's out of the car, charge it, rest it , bring it to AutoZone, Pepboys - whatever is local and have them load test it, which should bring you close to whether your're starter battery is good or bad
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 04:26 AM   #5
JohnWick813
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

man this is crazy that so many bmws are plagued with this issue. My 2019 G05 just stalled out and i had it towed to the dealer for this exact issue. This is the 3rd time its been in the shop for this reason and they charged the battery under the hood twice.

eventually you are going to break down if you dont get this solved. I was getting the error for maybe 6 months now before it eventually wouldnt start.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2023, 10:29 AM   #6
n8_fury
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2019 bmw x5  [0.00]
Thanks for letting me know man . Much appreciated . I was ignoring till now that I will get the load test done on battery soon ( have been delaying for past couple of months) .
Now it seems scary , I will get the battery replaced which would just cost $200 or something I guess .
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2023, 01:39 PM   #7
Gene Horr
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8_fury View Post
... which would just cost $200 or something I guess .
If you are lucky. You might want to be sitting down when you start looking. Battery prices have gone up a LOT the past couple of years.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 09:09 PM   #8
n8_fury
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2019 bmw x5  [0.00]
Thanks for everyone who responded and helped me out here .
So I bought a new 90amp battery from a local dealership . After calling all of the local dealership I was able to get discount from one and I was able to get one for $255 ( total+ tax - return core charge ).
But they forgot to give the battery vent hose which is supposed to come along with it . So had a bit of trouble there and finally found one .
I plugged in the new battery.
Didnt know battery registration requires a seperate device ( for some reason I assumed I might be able to do it from instrument panel ).
So spent $35 for BimmerLink app + $40 for the vtech Bluetooth connector and I was able to finally register . It showed my battery percentage as 65% , so plugged in my ctech charger now. Let me know if there was a cheaper way of registration. (I thought once I buy BimmerLink, I can open the exhaust flap but I am not able to that).
Well great news is that once I turned on for battery registration, I do not see any notification. Hopefully it stays this way once the charging is complete. In past the battery notification would come and go but recently it was consistent, so fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0