BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-01-2022, 03:36 PM   #1
Bucksn6
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW x5m50i

Catless downpipes arm motor sports

Anyone running these on an m50i? I'm willing to give them a shot if I can run spacers for o2 sensors and avoid cel. Anyone have success with that?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 08:46 PM   #2
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I vaguely remember reading on here that there isnt enough room to run spacers for the o2 sensors, but dont quote me on that.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 10:08 PM   #3
Taserz
Rep
Drives: x5 m50i

So I got spacers on my o2 sensors right from the factory on my downpipe. It's a 200 cell. I will do a write up once I get it all finished. Essentially the vendor sent me an X5m's exhaust and down pipes but it's essentially the same car. All I needed was a spacer and vband clamp for the downpipes because on the x5m the downpipe is 2 parts and ours is just 1 and it's the exact same shape and the hangers are in the same spot. Other than that the exhaust is the same except I had to get the mufflers modified to have the exhaust go out the sides where our exhaust are not the middle like the x5m.

I will say my 200cell cat was throwing codes for a while now it's fine if you went any smaller or freeflow I assume you would throw lights even with the spacer. Also tbh when valves are opened straight piped with a 200 cell cat the x5m 50i will be heard for miles away tbh
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 10:15 PM   #4
Bucksn6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taserz View Post
So I got spacers on my o2 sensors right from the factory on my downpipe. It's a 200 cell. I will do a write up once I get it all finished. Essentially the vendor sent me an X5m's exhaust and down pipes but it's essentially the same car. All I needed was a spacer and vband clamp for the downpipes because on the x5m the downpipe is 2 parts and ours is just 1 and it's the exact same shape and the hangers are in the same spot. Other than that the exhaust is the same except I had to get the mufflers modified to have the exhaust go out the sides where our exhaust are not the middle like the x5m.

I will say my 200cell cat was throwing codes for a while now it's fine if you went any smaller or freeflow I assume you would throw lights even with the spacer. Also tbh when valves are opened straight piped with a 200 cell cat the x5m 50i will be heard for miles away tbh
Thanks. So the spacers do fit. If I throw a code, I'll either go back to stock or jb4 tune to get rid of the cel. I plan on keeping stock exhaust from after the downpipes for now. Maybe it won't be as loud in that case. I like loud, but not like obnoxious loud. I had an s4 catless striaght piped. Loved the way that sounded.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 10:45 PM   #5
Taserz
Rep

So that's why I wanted one where I can control the valves more than the factory lets you because it's loud specially on startup like everyone heads turns loud lol (Granted thats with it straight piped or valves open)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 06:25 AM   #6
Bucksn6
Private
Rep

Quote:
So that's why I wanted one where I can control the valves more than the factory lets you because it's loud specially on startup like everyone heads turns loud lol (Granted thats with it straight piped or valves open)
Quote:
You mind posting a video with sound? You're running the fi downpipes right?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 07:05 PM   #7
Taserz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksn6 View Post
Nope

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...19e55fe6vSUiuC

The non catted are half the price.

Only part missing is part 5 and 6 from herre because the x5m has this as 2 parts and x5m it's a single piece so you need it to connect the pipes together

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 07:08 PM   #8
Bucksn6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksn6 View Post
Nope

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...19e55fe6vSUiuC

The non catted are half the price.

Only part missing is part 5 and 6 from herre because the x5m has this as 2 parts and x5m it's a single piece so you need it to connect the pipes together

Thanks once again! Are the stock downpipes slip fit with a clamp or anymore the bolts with a gasket? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 07:33 PM   #9
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

Do you ha e a link to the noncatted version?
Also any soundclips?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 08:57 PM   #10
Bucksn6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-fusion View Post
Do you ha e a link to the noncatted version?
Also any soundclips?
https://www.armmotorsports.com/produ...less-downpipes
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 08:56 PM   #11
NYCX5M50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i executive/DHP

Looking to get these on my x5 m50i. I don't want to do a tune in order to get rid of CEL. How does that work?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 08:52 PM   #12
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

was thinking of getting the ARM ones as well. the price is right for the most part, its the installation thats stopping me from getting them. Was given a quote of 600 to install as the lowest price I found... possibly being cheap about it, but for something that expensive in terms installation, kills it for me :-/

Was thinking of taking on the project myself, but a bit worried about what tools I'd need to get the job done which is what is stopping me currently
Appreciate 1