12-18-2019, 01:48 PM   #23
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeynowbababooeyAckAck View Post
Ahh gotcha, so it’s a standard option. I thought it was like “individual color” for an extra 5k and you can pick different than from standard options.
it isn't an individual option. I don't even know how you get individual options on the G05, maybe you can through a dealership directly. But some members have posted their blue/white interiors and it has the 'individual' badge sewn into the seat, and it's the only two tone interior available for this model. I'm not sure why it takes longer to get it with that interior than other interiors but maybe BMW treats it like an individual idk
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 09:46 PM   #24
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
it isn't an individual option. I don't even know how you get individual options on the G05, maybe you can through a dealership directly. But some members have posted their blue/white interiors and it has the 'individual' badge sewn into the seat, and it's the only two tone interior available for this model. I'm not sure why it takes longer to get it with that interior than other interiors but maybe BMW treats it like an individual idk

BMW markets all Merino as individual Merino, a way to say it's better than Nappa and why we pay extra for it I suppose, even though Nappa is not being offered on this anymore. But know the only part of Merino are touch points, the rest are still Walknappa

Another two tone option is Amarone/Black with a SOP of 04/20
Appreciate 1
thereef5101165.00
      12-18-2019, 09:56 PM   #25
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6M50i View Post
Another two tone option is Amarone/Black with a SOP of 04/20
That must be a very recent change since the last Pricing Guide did not have that as an option for the X5. Do you have an updated Guide you can share?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 10:31 PM   #26
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
That must be a very recent change since the last Pricing Guide did not have that as an option for the X5. Do you have an updated Guide you can share?

I'm in Canada, but I was told the US will have the same option the same time we have it here. And I saw it at the dealer's ordering guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhjdTNtxTbY

not sure I like this or the Ivory White/Night Blue better
Appreciate 1
thereef5101165.00
      12-18-2019, 10:50 PM   #27
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
I'm in Canada, but I was told the US will have the same option the same time we have it here. And I saw it at the dealer's ordering guide

Ok thanks, didn't realize you were in Canada. We were hoping the same thing for tartufo but it doesn't look like it will happen since the US guide hasn't been updated yet, hopefully soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 11:19 PM   #28
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ok thanks, didn't realize you were in Canada. We were hoping the same thing for tartufo but it doesn't look like it will happen since the US guide hasn't been updated yet, hopefully soon.

I didn't specifically ask about Tartufo, but I saw it also has a SOP of 04/20. The colour and leather are available in the same factory, if you really want it, even before it's being officially sold in the US, you can always ask your dealer to get it as a special order option
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 11:46 PM   #29
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
I didn't specifically ask about Tartufo, but I saw it also has a SOP of 04/20. The colour and leather are available in the same factory, if you really want it, even before it's being officially sold in the US, you can always ask your dealer to get it as a special order option
That is what is weird, Tartufo is available in Canada right now according to the Build.

They aren't allowing special order options from what I have seen and been told.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 12:36 AM   #30
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That is what is weird, Tartufo is available in Canada right now according to the Build.

They aren't allowing special order options from what I have seen and been told.

Oh I see, that sucks, and weird, because the cars are built in the same place, using the same material, but certain things are not available for who knows what reason! Like I wanted Acoustic glass but wasn't available to order, matter of fact, dealer wasn't even aware of such option. This is extremely frustrating and customer unfriendly business practice by BMW imo
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 01:53 AM   #31
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

we really wanted something different for this build given that our last build was the mocha design interior package on our F15. It's gorgeous but after I saw all the two tone packages being offered in cars like the M8, I wanted something similar and only the blue/white package is offered in the US. Hopefully it comes out well. Some members here have it and love it, I hope we do as well. We didn't have a real life example to see it out but we took a shot. the one in your video looks pretty good as well but I feel like its not as striking as the blue/white interior, but then again I'm just watching a video. All I know is that I love two tone interiors. Idk why they have so few limited options for these builds.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 05:07 AM   #32
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
we really wanted something different for this build given that our last build was the mocha design interior package on our F15. It's gorgeous but after I saw all the two tone packages being offered in cars like the M8, I wanted something similar and only the blue/white package is offered in the US. Hopefully it comes out well. Some members here have it and love it, I hope we do as well. We didn't have a real life example to see it out but we took a shot. the one in your video looks pretty good as well but I feel like its not as striking as the blue/white interior, but then again I'm just watching a video. All I know is that I love two tone interiors. Idk why they have so few limited options for these builds.

Oh I see you've already ordered a G05 with Ivory White/Night Blue Merino. Don't worry, I've seen lots of X7 with this colour in person, it's very nice and luxurious, I'm sure you'll love it; and hopefully you also ordered it with the Blue Alcantara headliner (must have for this colour) and full instead of extended, the lower portion with white leather completely changes the feel and elevates the interior of the car!

The Amarone/Black has a bit of an old money, cigar lounge type of luxury feel to it, I think it goes very well if you want a sporty look to your car. While the lighter colour has a modern, fresh and preppy luxury feel. You can't feel nor see the texture of the leather which give life and character to leather surfaces just from videos and pics. Even though I've never seen this colour combo in person, I have seen 7 series with the full Amarone Merino, which has a very similar tone and feel to the Bentley Cricket Ball colour, feels EXPENSIVE and unique, very striking! Both are top 2 choices for this generation, can't decide, need to get one of each then

You could ask your dealer to show you a 7 series with Amarone if they can find one, pretty rare tho
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 12:54 PM   #33
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh I see you've already ordered a G05 with Ivory White/Night Blue Merino. Don't worry, I've seen lots of X7 with this colour in person, it's very nice and luxurious, I'm sure you'll love it; and hopefully you also ordered it with the Blue Alcantara headliner (must have for this colour) and full instead of extended, the lower portion with white leather completely changes the feel and elevates the interior of the car!
we did order it as full merino with the blue headliner. the dealer said its a gorgeous combination as well, I'm excited to get it whenever they feel like getting around to building it
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 08:04 PM   #34
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
we did order it as full merino with the blue headliner. the dealer said its a gorgeous combination as well, I'm excited to get it whenever they feel like getting around to building it

F yeah! You'll absolutely love it! When did you order the car? I did in November and was told won't be in production until April, and to expect a late May or June deliver
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #35
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
F yeah! You'll absolutely love it! When did you order the car? I did in November and was told won't be in production until April, and to expect a late May or June deliver
I would expect since he ordered an X5 and not the X6 he'll have his much sooner than that.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #36
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
I would expect since he ordered an X5 and not the X6 he'll have his much sooner than that.

Agreed!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 11:41 PM   #37
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
wait what?? it's going to take them 6 months to build yours? that's insane. My order went through last Monday, the 9th, our dealer said he thinks we may get it by early to mid february
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 12:46 AM   #38
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
wait what?? it's going to take them 6 months to build yours? that's insane. My order went through last Monday, the 9th, our dealer said he thinks we may get it by early to mid february

Yeah haha, it'll take longer than when I special ordered an ALPINA, and about the same as the Wraith.

So for you it'll be a good two months of impatiently waiting, will be well worth it!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 06:52 AM   #39
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah haha, it'll take longer than when I special ordered an ALPINA, and about the same as the Wraith.

So for you it'll be a good two months of impatiently waiting, will be well worth it!
Yeah it's the first car I've had built to spec. I had no clue it could take longer to build a car than it does a house...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 07:15 AM   #40
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah it's the first car I've had built to spec. I had no clue it could take longer to build a car than it does a house...

Oh is it that quick to build a house in your area? Man, it can easily take more than year or more here, of course depending on what you are building, too
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 07:57 AM   #41
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh is it that quick to build a house in your area? Man, it can easily take more than year or more here, of course depending on what you are building, too
we've built two over time, it typically took like 3-3.5 months from groundbreaking to closing. Not 6 months, definitely not a year. But then again we don't have the litany of european regulations to deal with...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 09:43 AM   #42
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 & X5

You guys should have your own thread..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 12:20 PM   #43
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i Arctic Grey

Quote:
I missed that you ordered full merino with blue headliner when I looked at your spec. That’s going to look fantastic. Can’t wait to see pictures.
Appreciate 1
thereef5101165.00