BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
wrdnk
Rep
Drives: N/A

Discount on in stock vehicle

Hi everyone,

What would be the highest/ideal discount off MSRP for an in stock vehicle vs custom order vehicle?

If you could share your strategy for tackling an instock vehicle and raising the discount rate, it would be really helpful. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i Arctic Grey

There’s a thread (2019 X5 Discounts) going on right now where a poster from OH has a deal on an in-stock vehicle at a NJ dealer for 12% off MSRP pre-icentives, which is a very good deal. 9-10% off depending on your region is a good deal and it seems NJ is an area where that’s possible.

Do some research on this forum looking through prior posts about deals in the NJ area and contact a few dealers saying you’d like XX% off before any BMW incentives. Stress that you are looking to take delivery BEFORE the new year and that all it takes is them hitting your price.

I’m not sure if there are certain options, etc that are deal breakers for you to have but you should know that too and look in their dealer inventory online to quote a specific car in their inventory.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
BeemerDreamerNYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw

One comment I would make is that the NJ dealers have higher fees ($600 or so), so take that into account when figuring the discount as that adds almost 1% to their bottom lime...
Appreciate 0