United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Where did you hear this nonsense?

If standard LED on BMW is a safety issue then why bother to make it standard.

The only benefit Lasers provide is augmenting high beam distance. Otherwise you're driving around with LED low beams the majority of the time.
The standard LED lights were rated poor by the IIHS, so that may be what he is referring to.

The benefit of the lasers are for high beams, the laser light's LED's are different than the standard and rated better.
Gotcha, makes sense! Thank you for the info - constantly learning and appreciate your contributions!

Appreciate 1
TurtleBoy12885.00
      12-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #24
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsa7151 View Post
Does anyone not have premium package and do they regret it? I could honestly live without the HUD and wireless charging is slow anyway.
wireless charging is slow and wears out your battery quicker anyway but I could never get another BMW without getting the HUD. That's, by far, the most useful and frequently used feature I've had in any car. I love that I basically never have to take my eyes off the road to get information presented in front of my face.
Appreciate 1
LexxM31697.50
      12-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #25
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
Quote:
Does anyone not have premium package and do they regret it? I could honestly live without the HUD and wireless charging is slow anyway.
wireless charging is slow and wears out your battery quicker anyway but I could never get another BMW without getting the HUD. That's, by far, the most useful and frequently used feature I've had in any car. I love that I basically never have to take my eyes off the road to get information presented in front of my face.
G05 HUD is my number one favourite non-driveline feature of the car. I wish there was a bit more configurability for it (like a real tach for manual shifting of these many 8 gears), but regardless it is awesome as is.
      12-14-2019, 04:56 PM   #26
teefive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i

Quote:
No premium here and I'm happy
      12-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #27
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
HUD is a big reason to get it, once you have it you won't go back. I am on my 3rd car now and will make it a point to include it.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 04:27 PM   #28
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
HUD and soft close doors: two options you initially question “who needs them“ and quickly become “must have them”.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 04:48 PM   #29
VitaRenee
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdmcg View Post
Quote:
HUD and soft close doors: two options you initially question “who needs them“ and quickly become “must have them”.
I thought the soft close doors was great option too when I checked it off but after seeing this article (https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....humb-suit/amp/) and couple similar others, I promised myself to never get this option again mostly due to my 2 daughters. Each his own but I'm grateful my lease ended couple months ago with no incident.
2009 xDrive30i
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 05:55 PM   #30
polychromatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E44, E61, E07

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaRenee View Post
I thought the soft close doors was great option too when I checked it off but after seeing this article (https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....humb-suit/amp/) and couple similar others, I promised myself to never get this option again mostly due to my 2 daughters. Each his own but I'm grateful my lease ended couple months ago with no incident.
I don’t quite know how to judge this since my soon to be delivered hasn’t arrived, but on the surface you’d think BMW designed a clever guillotine. Car doors are awful with kids, and I am victim of a car from years ago when doors were really heavy. I everyone should be educated on the door function and maybe even go thru a mini instruction class, especially with kids. Use a hot dog for a prop...that will get their attention!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 05:57 PM   #31
alpinekarthik
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

First of all congratulations!!

Second of all, please pay extreme attention to the type of wheels and tires you will end up with based on the options. I'd make sure you have All Season Run Flats. In some m-sport they comes with staggered set-up with performance tires that's no good in winter conditions. Living in California even of I go up to Tahoe a few times a year I don't want to be swapping the wheels.

So make sure you are paying more attention to the tires and wheels options and make sure it's exactly what you "need" for actual use. How it looks should be important but secondary.

For me I wanted a run-flat, no stagger, all season tires.

Third of all, head up display, soft close and heat/cold cup holders. Once you start using it becomes a must have. So I highly recommend the executive package which also includes the led lights on the panoramic moon-roof your kids will have fun with.

Also with the executive package you get the Parking Assistant Plus. So you'll put that $750 towards the upgrade from premium package. So if you have premium package and parking assistant plus, I'd go with executive package instead.

Fourth of all, driving assistance package. The extended traffic jam assistant and active driving assistant pro is amazing.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 07:33 AM   #32
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Driver Assist Pro is worth every penny. I use it every time I get on the freeway in L.A. It reduces fatigue and I notice that when i get to my destination, i am a lot more relaxed. I did not think i would ever use the technology but it really is something else. I also love the HK audio and acoustic glass options.

One are for improvement is the top down camera view. The image is quite small. I have to squint to identify the curb or parking lines. I have test driven some Teslas and that huge display is better able to show the surroundings.
Appreciate 0