Drives: F31 318 m-sport 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anterialis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaeirik View Post
Quote:
Hi! Where in Norway are you from?
I just signed the papers on this car last week. Cant wait! Worst part is that I just saw a e45 parked outside my local grocery store today :/

I read with interest your opinion about what extras to get. I have no intention of high jacking this thread, but would like to join the discussion.

My specs:

- Arctic grey (IMO this color looks way better dirty compared to the black)
- Merino Coffee (BK) interior (I really like the dark brown)

I guess the name of the packages vary with the country. I ordered:

- M-sport (21" 741 bicolor, M sport brakes, sport automatic, Sensatec dash, M steering wheel, M aerodynamics, High-gloss shadow line, Antrasit roof)

- Innovation (Display key, Driving ass. prof., laser lights, Park ass. plus, HUD, gesture control)

- Travel (Panoramic glass roof, sun shades back windows, luggage compartment "package"??, Travel&comfort system=

- eDrive M sport edition. This is a special offer this fall/early winter in Norway since the 45e is a new car. (trailer hitch (European style, retractable. Keeps the kick style sensor), heated/cooled cup holders, seat heating front/back, heat comfort package, 4-zone AC, Harman pardon sound, telephony w wireless charging, wifi)

extras to my order:
- integral active steering (must have imo, esp. since I am parking in a very small Parking garage at work)
- comfort access (must have)
- soft close (just added luxury, Ive never had it b4)
- acoustic glazing (anybody with experience driving the g05 w and wo?)
- tinted windows, back (goes well with grey/extended shadow line imo)
- comfort seats, front (looking forward to this..)
- piano finish interior trim (I wish I could choose the dark wood style found in the G20..)
- active protection (why not)
- drive recorder (I don't know how much I will use this, but was just 100 $ extra total, payed over 3 yrs)
- traffic info
- high-gloss shadow line with extended content
- 21" summer, 20" winter.

I've thought about this spec sheet long and hard, and signed last week... Was thinking about getting the ventilated seats too, but I don't think I will be needing it much here in Norway, even though Im in the south... Total cost is about 850$, resulting in 40-50$ extra monthly for 3 yrs. I might see 4-5 hot (more than 85F/30C) days a year, so I don't think its worth it.

Have a great weekend!
Nice spec. I live in Trondheim. Which dealer do you use? What delivery month?

Do the Recorder tape all the time in case of an accident?
Quote:
Nice spec. I live in Trondheim. Which dealer do you use? What delivery month?

Do the Recorder tape all the time in case of an accident?
I live i Tønsberg, so closest one to me is Bilia Tønsberg. The sales rep told me March/April, so I guess we will see What about you?

Drive recorder supposedly always records the last 20s, meaning that when you hit the record button (either in the iDrive menu, or better yet the dedicated camera/record button located between the DSC and PDC buttons), the last 20s is recorded as well as the following 20s, a total of 40s.

I've also read something about remote camera, the possibility to look around your car remotely (unrelated to drive recorder, but you need surround view I guess). Does anybody know anything about this? Is it still a feature?
March-april as well. Bavaria Oslo. The camera thing looks clever.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 12:34 AM   #24
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

FYI BMWBlog just did a post about the different leather options
https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/12/23/k...ather-options/
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 04:19 PM   #25
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
FYI BMWBlog just did a post about the different leather options
https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/12/23/k...ather-options/
Is the charging cable included or do you have to order this as extra?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 12:43 AM   #26
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I had two charging cables included. One for charging the car using a wall socket and a cable for charging stations.

Upon delivery these cables where not in the car. The sales rep had to get them from the storage/stock.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 04:45 PM   #27
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 45e

Quote:
Quote:
I had two charging cables included. One for charging the car using a wall socket and a cable for charging stations.

Upon delivery these cables where not in the car. The sales rep had to get them from the storage/stock.
Quote:
Quote:

W0ut, Where are you from? You got the type 2 «mennekes» cable with the car? I didn't think it came with it, good to know!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 05:19 PM   #28
giwuken
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 e45 2019

I've had mine just delivered before Xmas, and had the Laser Lights.
For the Nordics, this is almost as good as having the 100W Led bars added for spotting reindeer. I'm now driving with it every night and it spots the reindeer well before I can see them. You can see the directional LED lights moving from object to object, especially with the snowy trees here in Lapland.
The Lan assist is pretty useless up here on the snow-covered streets, but I've used the park-assist a few times.
      01-03-2020, 05:20 PM   #29
giwuken
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 e45 2019

Quote:
I had the normal 220V - 16A cable included, the 12kW cable set is extra.
      01-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #30
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
W0ut, Where are you from? You got the type 2 «mennekes» cable with the car? I didn't think it came with it, good to know!
I got these two delivered with my car here in Belgium.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 08:28 AM   #31
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I got these two delivered with my car here in Belgium.
Interesting! Hopefully we get the type2-type2 (mennekes) cable delivered with the car here in Norway as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 11:31 AM   #32
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

Quote:
Interesting! Hopefully we get the type2-type2 (mennekes) cable delivered with the car here in Norway as well.
Same cables are delivered in Finland so I would think you'll get them in Norway, too.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #33
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by perikifi View Post
Quote:
Same cables are delivered in Finland so I would think you'll get them in Norway, too.
Good to know! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 01:15 PM   #34
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

What kind of size tires do you think is necessary. Personally I prefer the look of the 741 bicolour 20 inch compared to the 21 inch 742 bicolour. Yet almost all other cars announced either are sold with 21 or 22 inch. At the same time there are many bad roads in Norway that makes an argument for 20. I just don't want the car/steering to be to "mushy". Any thoughts?

Second. I was happy With arctic grey when ordering, but having second thoughts seeing the black sapphire. Anyone with arctic regreting they didn't choose black or visa versa?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #35
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Second. I was happy With arctic grey when ordering, but having second thoughts seeing the black sapphire. Anyone with arctic regreting they didn't choose black or visa versa?
I regret artic grey cleaning wise. I thought artic grey would hide dirt better than black but it doesn't.

So if you are like me and hate cleaning:don't go for black or artic grey. :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 03:08 PM   #36
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
What kind of size tires do you think is necessary. Personally I prefer the look of the 741 bicolour 20 inch compared to the 21 inch 742 bicolour. Yet almost all other cars announced either are sold with 21 or 22 inch. At the same time there are many bad roads in Norway that makes an argument for 20. I just don't want the car/steering to be to "mushy". Any thoughts?

I have the 20 inch 740 M for summer tires. The car was delivered on 19 inch style 735 winter wheels. I have only driven the 19 inch and for me they are fine and not mushy but I don't corner my car on 2 wheels. So you should be fine with 20 inch. For the looks 20 inch winter wheels probably better but for me 19 is ok.

I also have AG. Happy with my choice. I had carbon black before and it showed more dirt than AG. I can't compare with Safire black.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 03:34 PM   #37
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:

I have the 20 inch 740 M for summer tires. The car was delivered on 19 inch style 735 winter wheels. I have only driven the 19 inch and for me they are fine and not mushy but I don't corner my car on 2 wheels. So you should be fine with 20 inch. For the looks 20 inch winter wheels probably better but for me 19 is ok.

I also have AG. Happy with my choice. I had carbon black before and it showed more dirt than AG. I can't compare with Safire black.
Great. I changed the 19 winter to 20. Then I'll stick with 20 summer as well.

Did you get Merino or Vernasca?

More reflections on Artic grey?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 03:48 PM   #38
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have ventilated black merino and like it a lot. It is softer than Vernasca and I like the look of the extra stitching. I had brown nappa on a 5 series before and my kids at that time were 4 and 6 didn't have any problems with the leather being damaged. Bought it when it was 6 mths old and drove it for 2 years.

I really like artic grey. It was the only possible Color for me. Safir / Carbon black too dark. I had carbon before it looked great after cleaning for 2 minutes. Blue and white not my thing en sonnestein beige-gold yeah well... But difficult discussion about Color, tastes and optimal tires sizes 😜. I chose satin silver in stead of black shadow line and 20 inch to have a more discrete classic look where others would chose a black, black line and grille with 22 inch wheels to have a sporty look which I can understand too but just not my thing.

I see that you chose tetragon. I didn't like it. To busy to look at. But that's also all about taste. I have Finline stripe.

If you need snow chains 20 inch is the max size supported by bmw.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 01:59 AM   #39
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have ventilated black merino and like it a lot. It is softer than Vernasca and I like the look of the extra stitching. I had brown nappa on a 5 series before and my kids at that time were 4 and 6 didn't have any problems with the leather being damaged. Bought it when it was 6 mths old and drove it for 2 years.

I really like artic grey. It was the only possible Color for me. Safir / Carbon black too dark. I had carbon before it looked great after cleaning for 2 minutes. Blue and white not my thing en sonnestein beige-gold yeah well... But difficult discussion about Color, tastes and optimal tires sizes 😜. I chose satin silver in stead of black shadow line and 20 inch to have a more discrete classic look where others would chose a black, black line and grille with 22 inch wheels to have a sporty look which I can understand too but just not my thing.

I see that you chose tetragon. I didn't like it. To busy to look at. But that's also all about taste. I have Finline stripe.

I choose black dekor outside, just not in the front. Love the coffee Merino colour. Seems more exclusive then the black to me. Think I'll Keep the 20 inch tires. Like the look. And do have kids at 3 and 5 as well. Still uncertain about AG though.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 07:32 AM   #40
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I choose black dekor outside, just not in the front. Love the coffee Merino colour. Seems more exclusive then the black to me. Think I'll Keep the 20 inch tires. Like the look. And do have kids at 3 and 5 as well. Still uncertain about AG though.
Didn't clean it for 2 weeks. Saw my car in daylight. As mentioned by others AG isn't as forging as I thought. But better than the sophisto grey and carbon black I head before. I think the most forgiving car color I ever had was a Volvo v50 in an in between light/ dark blue (a bit darker than phytonic blue). After that a silver 320i coupé
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 04:09 PM   #41
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

I finally got a VIN today. Scheduled delivery in week 32.
Appreciate 1
X5 45e1077.00
      06-08-2020, 04:17 PM   #42
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I finally got a VIN today. Scheduled delivery in week 32.
That is not so bad. I had to wait 7 months without corona.

Does your VIN work with mdecoder? Somebody else on the forum had trouble reading his
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 04:20 PM   #43
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

I only works partially. Many of the options i choose don't show. Production date says 6. june. Maybe it's too early?
Appreciate 1
X5 45e1077.00
      06-08-2020, 08:10 PM   #44
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I only works partially. Many of the options i choose don't show. Production date says 6. june. Maybe it's too early?
Thanks

Production date 6/6 was a Saturday?
Appreciate 0