Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxnatscaps View Post
Quote:
Finally got to pick it up

The wait is well worth it!!
Congrats! Post a few pictures when you can.
Thank you!

I got a few pics in from the dealership and on my way home. Kind of sad that I couldn't keep the car clean, it's snowing here in Chicago.
Few more on my way home
Looking real good (I have same exact exterior look, mine was delivered to dealership last week but I'm holding off delivery to February to avoid driving those 22s this winter season).
I was thinking about doing the same thing but then I couldn't help myself lol.

You will be very very surprised how well those tires and rims do in snow. It blew my mind.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 01:14 PM   #90
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
MoeMo87 that is one bad azz looking car. Love the color! Is that the Aluminum Tetragron trim?
Thank you!!

Yup your right, it is aluminum. I decided to go with that to give it a little sporty feel.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 11:53 PM   #91
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Flipped to "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" overnight!
Same here, in 24 hours Friday night production begins to waiting for transport Saturday night, the site is really off by day(s) but the latest estimated completion date was accurate 25th from 28th

How long to get a carrier from SC to NE? Could be stalled a week+ ? Could be few days?

My M2 was stuck in the NJ port for 3 weeks (euro delivery)

Note to all, I thought it was obnoxious to tell the dealer do not prep the car but I learned my lesson, damaged during a "servicing" drive, the MF ate McDonald's in my car, pre set the XM radio station #46, scraped the front end AND put 30 miles

They tried to blame the carrier but McDonald's fries 🍟 under my seat and the radio pre set AFTER it was originally prepped made the case, they fixed it and wrote me a check for aggravation

Notes: I came days earlier than they expected, the reason I caught all this
Appreciate 2
      01-26-2020, 05:37 AM   #92
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
Quote:
Flipped to "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" overnight!
Same here, in 24 hours Friday night production begins to waiting for transport Saturday night, the site is really off by day(s) but the latest estimated completion date was accurate 25th from 28th

How long to get a carrier from SC to NE? Could be stalled a week+ ? Could be few days?

Note to all, I thought it was obnoxious to tell the dealer do not prep the car but I learned my lesson, damaged during a "servicing" drive, the MF ate McDonald's in my car, pre set the XM radio station #46, scraped the front end AND put 30 miles

They tried to blame the carrier but McDonald's fries 🍟 under my seat and the radio pre set AFTER it was originally prepped made the case, they fixed it and wrote me a check for aggravation

I'm now "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" (A carrier has been assigned to take care of your BMW) for three days. At least that's what MyGarage indicates. My hope is the site is delayed/broken and the transport truck is in transit.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 07:25 AM   #93
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i Arctic Grey

Quote:
Thank you!!

Yup your right, it is aluminum. I decided to go with that to give it a little sporty feel.
Looks really awesome and definitely adds the sporty look to it. I also like how its pretty rare in terms of X5s on the road with that. Enjoy the car.

Quote:

Holy crap, that’s crazy. It makes me want to ask my dealership to skip the prep, too. Up until now, I’ve always thought that was a little OCD to ask but I get it now.

Also curious how long transport takes from SC...1-2 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
I'm now "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" (A carrier has been assigned to take care of your BMW) for three days. At least that's what MyGarage indicates. My hope is the site is delayed/broken and the transport truck is in transit.
Did you try asking your CA to check the carrier status? Not sure if the BMW genius line would be of any help either.

Mine is “still” at ACA but I expect that since it’s still technically scheduled for PCD until they formally cancel it tomorrow. The big thing I’m waiting on is my owners manual to show up - hopefully later today.
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      01-26-2020, 06:50 PM   #94
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you!!

Looks really awesome and definitely adds the sporty look to it. I also like how its pretty rare in terms of X5s on the road with that. Enjoy the car.

Quote:

Holy crap, that’s crazy. It makes me want to ask my dealership to skip the prep, too. Up until now, I’ve always thought that was a little OCD to ask but I get it now.

Quote:
Did you try asking your CA to check the carrier status? Not sure if the BMW genius line would be of any help either.

Mine is “still” at ACA but I expect that since it’s still technically scheduled for PCD until they formally cancel it tomorrow. The big thing I’m waiting on is my owners manual to show up - hopefully later today.
That's what I've been waiting on too. Mine is "Dispatched From Factory" but I've still not been able to download the owner's manual and no luck with Connected Services either. And on M-Decoder it still doesn't show all my packages/options — just basic stuff like exterior color, interior color, and standard features.
      01-26-2020, 07:06 PM   #95
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:

I was able to download my manuals as a pdf last Friday when it entered ACA.
I spoke with CA today who had no additional info on transport status. I’m still thinking it will be ready for pick up later this week.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2020, 08:14 PM   #96
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
That's what I've been waiting on too. Mine is "Dispatched From Factory" but I've still not been able to download the owner's manual and no luck with Connected Services either. And on M-Decoder it still doesn't show all my packages/options — just basic stuff like exterior color, interior color, and standard features.
Yeah, no manual for me either. And I’m in the same boat on M-Decoder...granted I don’t really care about that but wonder why that’s the case for some of us.
Appreciate 1
RVAGuy166.00
      01-26-2020, 08:24 PM   #97
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, no manual for me either. And I’m in the same boat on M-Decoder...granted I don’t really care about that but wonder why that’s the case for some of us.
In your case it might have something to do with the original PCD schedule.
I was hoping to review the manuals this week. Finding they are very long (426 pages) and very boring.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 08:34 PM   #98
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
In your case it might have something to do with the original PCD schedule.
I was hoping to review the manuals this week. Finding they are very long (426 pages) and very boring.
Wait, you don’t have them memorized by now?
Appreciate 1
zhangyi17286.50
      01-26-2020, 11:37 PM   #99
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting update on mine. Now Connected picks up my VIN (I obviously can't confirm the car and use any services because I can't access the code sent to the car), but I'm still unable to download my owners manual. Very strange.
Attached Images

01-27-2020, 01:59 AM   #100
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Okay now I have full access to owner's manual. Status on MyGarage is still "Dispatched From Factory." I'm assuming next stop for me since I'm on the west coast is Oxnard, CA. And then from there the dealership.
      01-27-2020, 05:43 AM   #101
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
I'm still "ACA" but vin now accepted in connect and all manuals have been downloaded.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 07:52 AM   #102
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Okay now I have full access to owner's manual. Status on MyGarage is still "Dispatched From Factory." I'm assuming next stop for me since I'm on the west coast is Oxnard, CA. And then from there the dealership.
I was able to download all my manuals this morning, too. This is my first BMW so I don't have a Connected Drive account yet. I assume I sign up for that once I pick up the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 09:04 AM   #103
x5_M50i_NC
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5MC / X740i on order

I'm scheduled to do PCD on 3/6...just checked with Genius this morning and my ECD is now 2/4. I would love not to wait a month to pick up the car. Has anyone changed their PCD date to an earlier one? Would love to pick up up in the week of Feb 24th.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #104
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
I was able to download all my manuals this morning, too. This is my first BMW so I don't have a Connected Drive account yet. I assume I sign up for that once I pick up the car?
Your ConnectedDrive account setup, info and subscription is usually submitted when finalizing your final contract - purchase/lease.

I had a ConnectedDrive account on my prior BMW and was able to add my new X5 in the ConnectDrive App when I received my VIN.

2 weeks before PCD, wrapping up final lease agreement etc, dealer associate submitted ConnectedDrive updates. My recommendation if you have a 2nd driver - spouse, significant other - and want them to be able to save settings to the cloud and 2nd key, make sure you add them as a secondary subscriber to your primarily account otherwise you'll have to call Connected and add them.

Appreciate 1
      01-27-2020, 09:27 AM   #105
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Mine is "At the Port" now — not sure if this is somewhere in South Carolina or if the car has made its way to California already.
      01-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #106
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Your ConnectedDrive account setup, info and subscription is usually submitted when finalizing your final contract - purchase/lease.

I had a ConnectedDrive account on my prior BMW and was able to add my new X5 in the ConnectDrive App when I received my VIN.

2 weeks before PCD, wrapping up final lease agreement etc, dealer associate submitted ConnectedDrive updates. My recommendation if you have a 2nd driver - spouse, significant other - and want them to be able to save settings to the cloud and 2nd key, make sure you add them as a secondary subscriber to your primarily account otherwise you'll have to call Connected and add them.
Thanks for this, very helpful insight!

Since my PCD is being cancelled in the system today, I was surprised to get a call from my CA and he asked when I can come in for pickup. I'm scheduled for 9am Saturday. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #107
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Since my PCD is being cancelled in the system today, I was surprised to get a call from my CA and he asked when I can come in for pickup. I'm scheduled for 9am Saturday. Can't wait!
Very nice! Excited for you. Be sure to post pics!
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #108
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Nice way to start the week. We're expecting photos.

Mine flipped to "Dispatched from Factory" this afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #109
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5_M50i_NC View Post
I'm scheduled to do PCD on 3/6...just checked with Genius this morning and my ECD is now 2/4. I would love not to wait a month to pick up the car. Has anyone changed their PCD date to an earlier one? Would love to pick up up in the week of Feb 24th.
Yes, they should be able to accomodate a change. It just has to be 2 weeks after the completion date and obviously they have to have openings available. I'd reach out to your SA or the PCD team directly as soon as your car is completed to see what dates they have available.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 11:57 AM   #110
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5_M50i_NC View Post
Yes, they should be able to accomodate a change. It just has to be 2 weeks after the completion date and obviously they have to have openings available. I'd reach out to your SA or the PCD team directly as soon as your car is completed to see what dates they have available.
They should be able to accommodate but go through your SA to facilitate any changes to PCD. DO NOT contact the PCD directly.

There's probably a reason why the PCD is late as it is because they can handle only so many 5 days per week.

Appreciate 0