Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellch00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
Nice luxury additions. Decide against glass controls?
Yeah, decided against it. wasn't able to see it at any of the dealers so left it off. wondering if i should add the laser headlights though.
One value of this forum is good feedback on options. I suggest you find the threads in here on the lights and glass controls. You obviously are looking for a luxury feel (leather seats/dash etc.) and lights and glass controls add that. Let me know if you have trouble finding. It's definitely worth your time to read those comments if you still have time to update order.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 06:26 PM   #24
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Quote:
One value of this forum is good feedback on options. I suggest you find the threads in here on the lights and glass controls. You obviously are looking for a luxury feel (leather seats/dash etc.) and lights and glass controls add that. Let me know if you have trouble finding. It's definitely worth your time to read those comments if you still have time to update order.
tellch00 - totally agree with RVAGuy.
I wish I had taken pictures to show you when I had requested my SA to put 2 cars side by side in the parking lot to see the external appeal for 20" and 21" tires, body color and LED vs LED+Laser.

If you dont have the laser option, the angel rings are not actually rings, just brackets. The front side indicators are the same shape of normal bulb type indicators except that they powered by LEDs. If you have the laser package, the side indicator is a thin strip that runs the entire top of the light dome over the 2 lights. Also, I am told with LEDs, the inner headlights are just dummies like I have on my X3. You will also have to check if cornering lights are available in LED light version. The lights at the back are all the same regardless of what package you choose. I dont know how much of lasers I will use in city but it will definitely show up on highways and also I chose it because just the LED version headlight package was too plain vanilla for me.
Ultimately you have to decide if its worth it for you but if you havent seen them, this above description might help you paint a picture.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 11:39 PM   #25
desirusso
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 SG

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
My car is due for a buyback and we can't even get an allocation.... trying to stall on the buyback but as of now we are at a standstill... I have two dealerships trying to get me a car sooner than April, but nothings looking good.... patience is definitely a quality needed when ordering under a time crunch.
      01-30-2020, 10:25 AM   #26
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDI Touareg, 997 Turbo

thanks for the feedback. i'll do a search on read up on the laser lights.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 02:45 PM   #27
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep

just did some reading. i'll be adding the laser lights. we have a beach house on the east end of L.I. and it is DARK out there - and lots of Deer. could be helpful based on what i read. thanks for the heads up
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 03:19 PM   #28
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
just did some reading. i'll be adding the laser lights. we have a beach house on the east end of L.I. and it is DARK out there - and lots of Deer. could be helpful based on what i read. thanks for the heads up
Good choice, lights are aesthetic addition and improved night visibility.

What did you decide on glass controls?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 04:05 PM   #29
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

haven't researched that yet lol. will try to get to dealer tomorrow to see if they have anything.

i wish the heated/cooled cup holders were a stand alone option and not part of the executive package.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 04:18 PM   #30
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

haven't researched that yet lol. will try to get to dealer tomorrow to see if they have anything.

i wish the heated/cooled cup holders were a stand alone option and not part of the executive package.
Hope your dealer has glass controls. Issue, IMO, is more how unimpressive the standard shift knob looks. So look at both to decide which you like best. It's only aesthetic.

I got the cup holders because I wanted other items in the package. Never had before and not sure how I will use however I've found from experience I will have things in cars that I initially considered "silly" and ended up loving them that now their "must have". For example soft close doors and heads up display, both of which come in the package.

Take your time on the research, review information in this site and ask lots of questions. You'll find people in this site are knowledgeable (some more than others) and willing to assist you. At one time or another, we've all been there.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 05:24 PM   #31
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope your dealer has glass controls. Issue, IMO, is more how unimpressive the standard shift knob looks. So look at both to decide which you like best. It's only aesthetic.

I got the cup holders because I wanted other items in the package. Never had before and not sure how I will use however I've found from experience I will have things in cars that I initially considered "silly" and ended up loving them that now their "must have". For example soft close doors and heads up display, both of which come in the package.

Take your time on the research, review information in this site and ask lots of questions. You'll find people in this site are knowledgeable (some more than others) and willing to assist you. At one time or another, we've all been there.

Good luck.
It is a bit odd the Heated and Cooled Cup Holders (44A) aren't an individual option, but that tends to be a BMW thing. It could easily change for 2021. In my case, I just wrapped up my G06 order a couple weeks ago and I wanted everything in the Executive Package (ZPX) other than Soft-Close Automatic Doors (323). So for me, it was a no brainer to go with ZPX.

If you go look at Glass Controls, just in case your CA is brain dead, remind him/her that they likely have an X7 on the lot with Glass Controls, if they don't have an X5. (Anecdotally, I've seen Glass Controls on more X7's than X5's on my dealers lot.
      02-04-2020, 06:22 PM   #32
ChickinX5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 40i xLine

My CA said that they can not place xDrive order until March 1st. What does it mean ? allocation, as you all talking about ? Still waiting as dealership is 3 miles from home, didn't want to shop around as the deal is decent.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 10:12 PM   #33
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinX5 View Post
My CA said that they can not place xDrive order until March 1st. What does it mean ? allocation, as you all talking about ? Still waiting as dealership is 3 miles from home, didn't want to shop around as the deal is decent.
Dealership close to home may not be the best criteria to hold on and wait. Now if they are giving you good discounts then it's worth the wait maybe.
You can always buy from another dealer who has an allocation available and go to your nearby dealer for servicing etc.

I have seen some people go to out of state dealers just to get more competitive discounts.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 05:16 AM   #34
ChickinX5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 40i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Dealership close to home may not be the best criteria to hold on and wait. Now if they are giving you good discounts then it's worth the wait maybe.
You can always buy from another dealer who has an allocation available and go to your nearby dealer for servicing etc.

I have seen some people go to out of state dealers just to get more competitive discounts.
Thank you @araje. I went to 2 dealerships and discounts came to less then this guy. I am getting 8.6% before incentives. I posted same question asking for dealers with good deals in South Florida. No reply, looks like not many. But thank you, will look around some more.
Appreciate 0