BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-21-2019, 02:17 AM   #111
mdjeffery
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive40i 2019

Actually got my X5 back this evening.

I’ll attach the repair notes, hopefully they can be of assistance to some of you. It appears all my faults were in the rear bumper.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 05:05 AM   #112
frank19x5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjeffery View Post
Actually got my X5 back this evening.

I’ll attach the repair notes, hopefully they can be of assistance to some of you. It appears all my faults were in the rear bumper.
You would think that would have been caught in QC, right? Glad it’s fixed for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #113
mdjeffery
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive40i 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank19x5 View Post
You would think that would have been caught in QC, right? Glad it’s fixed for you.
You’d think so.

2019 things aren’t built like they use too. Hopefully it stays fixed.

Everyone, have your Bmw service guy check everything in the rear bumper!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #114
cdchris1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
I have had this alert pop up the past few times I've been in the car. Seems a little different than the original post, so hopefully not a camera and only a sensor. We will see when I take it in.
Week 10 build. Firmware 11/2018.68
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #115
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 & X5

Has this issue been resolved by a software update? The reason I’m getting this is for the advanced drivers assistance systems. Makes me hesitate as it seems it’s affecting lots of people on here.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 01:27 PM   #116
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeynowbababooeyAckAck View Post
Has this issue been resolved by a software update? The reason I’m getting this is for the advanced drivers assistance systems. Makes me hesitate as it seems it’s affecting lots of people on here.
Actually very few people are having problems with the systems given how many are being sold. I would highly recommend the driver assistance systems. They operate very well and I use them whenever possible, makes driving much more relaxing in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 06:36 AM   #117
Garymil64
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeynowbababooeyAckAck View Post
They tried fixing mine with software it helped but they ended up putting a kafas camera on also
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 06:51 AM   #118
mnx5er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 3.5i

Has not been resolved and is occurring in the X7 also. Talked to my service guy yesterday and he said BMW hasn't resolved it yet. He said errors happen more frequently on some cars than others. They haven't been able to figure out why but have been told BMW is working on it.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #119
incubatewhisky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMX X5 (G05)

It's been two days since I got my early November G05 back from dealer to fix my driver assist warnings. They replaced the KAFAS camera and upgrade iDrive to 2019.35. So far I haven't seen a "driver assistance support reduce" issues. Little iDrive and CarPlay issues seem to be gone.

Only complaint is that the dealer washed my car, and now it has thousands of swirls/scratches This is my first BMW and had no clue it was common for dealers to do this.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 09:51 PM   #120
fakinit75
Private
Rep
Drives: jet black 2016 535i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubatewhisky View Post
It's been two days since I got my early November G05 back from dealer to fix my driver assist warnings. They replaced the KAFAS camera and upgrade iDrive to 2019.35. So far I haven't seen a "driver assistance support reduce" issues. Little iDrive and CarPlay issues seem to be gone.

Only complaint is that the dealer washed my car, and now it has thousands of swirls/scratches This is my first BMW and had no clue it was common for dealers to do this.
So sorry about the condition of your car. The dealer washes are horrible. Just look at the condition of the loaners they give. People don't care when it isn't their car. I've had a navigation screen scratched horribly, two rims gouged and paint ruined on the trunk lid of my 5 series...all by the dealer. My x5 has been at the dealer for three weeks because of the warnings mentioned throughout this thread. In addition, my dashboard goes completely black when these messages come up and it does not turn back on until the vehicle has been off for at least 30 mins. So far they have no idea what is causing it. At first they thought software, but I picked the car up and it all happened again before I got home. So they picked the car up from me and have had it since. Anyway, be sure to ask your SA to add "NO WASH" to your service order.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 09:34 AM   #121
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

I had this issue first time at just over 2k in January That time dealer upgraded software to make Active Cruise Control to Passive. So after this software update in January, yesterday first time I took my X3 on highway again and started on Passive Cruise I.e. regular cruising at selected speed without distance control. After driving about 150 Kms I had same issue of reduced driver assistance and I couldn't even use cruise again. I stopped and restarted my X3 and everything was fine and normal. I drove less than 5 Kms and same warning of reduced driver assistance and not able to use cruise control again. I tried to restart one more time and exactly same issues after driving less than 5 KMS.

So software update in January didn't help at all. I will be taking my X3 to the dealer next week but I am not sure what they would do to fix this issue because they couldn't not fix it first time in January.

Any comments will be highly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 05:59 AM   #122
memar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 saphireblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdchris1 View Post
I have had this alert pop up the past few times I've been in the car. Seems a little different than the original post, so hopefully not a camera and only a sensor. We will see when I take it in.
Week 10 build. Firmware 11/2018.68
I have the same issue with my G05 40i picked up yesterday. The first message popped up at about 60 miles. Now for me that's not really a big issue, i just try to avoid driving into posts or people

But what's really p...ng me off is the fact, that EVERY SINGLE TIME when that message appears, my whole sound-system deactivates itself. There is absolutely no sound in my car after it. So no sound from the turning signals, or Phone, "Hey-BMW", Media or Hint-Sound. Even the parking sensors dont make any beep after it. My car has now been running for 120 miles and i had to drive for about 60 miles without any other sound than the engine...

Does anybody having the same issue ? Because it only appears casually.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 10:57 AM   #123
panas
Rep
Drives: none yet (F10 in near future)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memar View Post
I have the same issue with my G05 40i picked up yesterday. The first message popped up at about 60 miles. Now for me that's not really a big issue, i just try to avoid driving into posts or people

But what's really p...ng me off is the fact, that EVERY SINGLE TIME when that message appears, my whole sound-system deactivates itself. There is absolutely no sound in my car after it. So no sound from the turning signals, or Phone, "Hey-BMW", Media or Hint-Sound. Even the parking sensors dont make any beep after it. My car has now been running for 120 miles and i had to drive for about 60 miles without any other sound than the engine...

I've got the same 2 days ago (car has only 5 days), no sound at all. Only a tick every 1s. All radio stations was removed as well.
How did you solve the problem ?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 01:50 AM   #124
maxim38rus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1, X5, i3, 6GT

I wish I knew about this thread last year. Due to a similar problem I lost my 6 GT. The vehicle stayed at a dealership for more than 40 days in a row while the servicemen were trying to fix it. As a result a brand new car returned to me with the windshield replaced and the front bumper painted several times... Fortunately, BMW of NA was smart enough to repurchase the vehicle from me. I'm glad that we've resolved the issue peacefully, though I still miss that vehicle...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 08:17 PM   #125
Usher9387
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Whenever its raining,I still get this message after software update and KAFAS camera replacement not fixed it at all.

Need to book an appointment with the Dealer soon
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 02:03 PM   #126
XAmbassador12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Porsche Carrera T

Quote:
Originally Posted by memar View Post

Circling back on this - did you ever get this fixed? Did it self-resolve?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 02:05 PM   #127
XAmbassador12
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by panas View Post
I've got the same 2 days ago (car has only 5 days), no sound at all. Only a tick every 1s. All radio stations was removed as well.
How did you solve the problem ?
Circling back on this. Did you get this fixed? Did it self-resolve?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 05:18 PM   #128
XAmbassador12
Private
Rep

^^ Followup to my posts above. This error message popped up today randomly in my wife's brand new X5, then self-resolved 30 minutes later.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 11:03 AM   #129
Aimster82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i 2019 BMW X5 5.0

I have gotten this error a couple times. I am thinking the sensor is dirty or it just happens to pick up my front license plate. Front of the car was not designed for U.S plates.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #130
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimster82 View Post
I have gotten this error a couple times. I am thinking the sensor is dirty or it just happens to pick up my front license plate. Front of the car was not designed for U.S plates.
I was under the same impression that's it dirt or snow, will need to assess further. I do not have a front license plate and still have the issue.....
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #131
LakeLady
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

New to the forum today. I just picked up a new 2020 X5 on 6 June. I soon got the Driver Assistance Reduced warning message, and then within two days started getting a speed warning message every time I pulled away from a stop sign or light. On top of that, speed limit sign is not displaying. I made a service appointment for yesterday (10 Jun) and the car is still there (so second day in the shop). BMW is working with the service tech to find and fix the problem. Want to say I’ve been using this dealership for service for my previous BMW for a few years and they are top notch. After reading the posts here, though, I’m concerned that this seems to be a problem that BMW has known about for about 18 months and that it wasn’t resolved for the 2020 model year.

I note that the last post was April 2020. Anyone out there still having this problem?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 08:49 AM   #132
Chill8d
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 2020

Hi Forum. I picked up a new X5 from the dealer last Monday. First time using cruise control got the message "Driver Assistance Restricted". I'm hoping it's a loose wire after installion of BMW dash cams, which integrates into the cars sensors and cameras. The cameras seem to be working and radar when parking. Error shows each time the car starts. We did get a paint treatment, which might be another source for issue.

The other curiosity to occur is regarding the vehicle to be stationary to interact with some menu functions. The car was parked, engine off, and still could not access the owner manual.

Seems like it is similar to issues occuring for a while across a number of models. Taking it to the dealer to get checked out.

Be happy to hear any thoughts.
Attached Images

Last edited by Chill8d; 09-03-2020 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: Added more info.
Appreciate 0