BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-22-2019, 11:53 AM   #45
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
I got 2.99 % financing for up to five years.
$2,000 finance rebate
$750 conquest (I’m a first-time bmw owner)
I also negotiated $2,440 discount.

MSRP $68,490
Vehicle price $63,300

The discount is about 9.4%. I also plan to get the CCA $1,500 discount.
Final cost of the car will be $61,800.

I think that is a great price - not only for this car but for this TYPE and SIZE of car. Most are the size of the x3 and I wanted a larger suv.

Others I priced online started at about $80k. I hated the Mercedes when I drove it and the Lincoln Nautilus was too small.

I didn’t shop other dealers because I live so far from them. This dealership will pick up and drop off the car for any maintenance or repairs. As long as I own it. That is worth a LOT to me. I live 90 minutes from this dealer and at least 2 hours from the next closest dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #46
SHAWN 212
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 XDRIVE 40I M SPORT

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
I got 2.99 % financing for up to five years.
$2,000 finance rebate
$750 conquest (I'm a first-time bmw owner)
I also negotiated $2,440 discount.

MSRP $68,490
Vehicle price $63,300

The discount is about 9.4%. I also plan to get the CCA $1,500 discount.
Final cost of the car will be $61,800.

I think that is a great price - not only for this car but for this TYPE and SIZE of car. Most are the size of the x3 and I wanted a larger suv.

Others I priced online started at about $80k. I hated the Mercedes when I drove it and the Lincoln Nautilus was too small.

I didn't shop other dealers because I live so far from them. This dealership will pick up and drop off the car for any maintenance or repairs. As long as I own it. That is worth a LOT to me. I live 90 minutes from this dealer and at least 2 hours from the next closest dealer.
I think you can negotiate more. I got 10% off then on top of that $2,000 finance rebate and $750 conquest rebate.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #47
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

The discount is quite a bit lower than what folks are getting nowadays. Even back in December when it was new I got over 6% off MSRP before discounts. They should be able to give you at least that off MSRP and probably closer to 10.

Your incentives are good (unless new, conquest is dealer specific so you can probably count that as a discount from MSRP).

The BMW CCA rebate is only $1,000 not $1,500.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:14 PM   #48
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
You are indeed correct sir! I just looked at it again.

I still have to meet with the to for financing when the car is delivered, but not sure I can change the negotiated price at this point. I’m still in a funk about which loan to choose. Seems like I’ll have plenty of time to stew over it.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:40 PM   #49
SHAWN 212
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:

I still have to meet with the to for financing when the car is delivered, but not sure I can change the negotiated price at this point. I'm still in a funk about which loan to choose. Seems like I'll have plenty of time to stew over it.
Walk away if they don't redo the deal. My salesperson will sell to out of state customers.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:45 PM   #50
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:

I still have to meet with the to for financing when the car is delivered, but not sure I can change the negotiated price at this point. I’m still in a funk about which loan to choose. Seems like I’ll have plenty of time to stew over it.
If you already negotiated a price then you it wouldn't be right to try and renegotiate for a lower price.

One of the factors in your case is that the only you are using is from an IRA and assuming it is a traditional one, taking the $60+k out could result in quite a tax bill. If the money was in a Roth or non-retirement investments it probably would be an easier decision.

If it was me, I would finance the minimum amount needed to get the $2k credit and pull the rest out of non-retirement funds. Sure I could lose out on some earnings but then again we could have a downturn and lose the money I would have used to pay for it.

In your case it may be worthwhile looking at a combination of it. Perhaps taking $20k out for a down payment and then financing the rest for 5 years with BMW to get the $2k credit.

In the end it is not much in the scheme of things so just decide what you are comfortable with and enjoy the X5.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:52 PM   #51
SHAWN 212
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:

I still have to meet with the to for financing when the car is delivered, but not sure I can change the negotiated price at this point. I'm still in a funk about which loan to choose. Seems like I'll have plenty of time to stew over it.
If you already negotiated a price then you it wouldn't be right to try and renegotiate for a lower price.

One of the factors in your case is that the only you are using is from an IRA and assuming it is a traditional one, taking the $60+k out could result in quite a tax bill. If the money was in a Roth or non-retirement investments it probably would be an easier decision.

If it was me, I would finance the minimum amount needed to get the $2k credit and pull the rest out of non-retirement funds. Sure I could lose out on some earnings but then again we could have a downturn and lose the money I would have used to pay for it.

In your case it may be worthwhile looking at a combination of it. Perhaps taking $20k out for a down payment and then financing the rest for 5 years with BMW to get the $2k credit.

In the end it is not much in the scheme of things so just decide what you are comfortable with and enjoy the X5.
$2440 discount is an insult. Just seeing the deals negotiated on here I would have walked away from that salesman and possibly the dealership. If it's between money in my pocket or theirs I don't see how hard that decision can be.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 11:33 PM   #52
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAWN 212 View Post
$2440 discount is an insult. Just seeing the deals negotiated on here I would have walked away from that salesman and possibly the dealership. If it's between money in my pocket or theirs I don't see how hard that decision can be.
Definitely much lower than anyone has been reporting but she already made the deal. We all have our own feelings about it but I wouldn't walk away after agreeing to something just because I didn't do my due diligence beforehand. It may be legally fine to do but just not the way I operate. Could be the OP is the same way.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 01:37 AM   #53
SHAWN 212
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:
Definitely much lower than anyone has been reporting but she already made the deal. We all have our own feelings about it but I wouldn't walk away after agreeing to something just because I didn't do my due diligence beforehand. It may be legally fine to do but just not the way I operate. Could be the OP is the same way.
I just feel it's not even close to being fair. It's not in the ballpark of what other people are saving. I understand your point and I guess we can agree to disagree.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 06:25 AM   #54
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Regarding financing, yes the primary reason to finance is the tax problem. I don’t have any non-IRA funds to draw from. I can always pay it off early so if the markets take a turn (which I know is entirely possible) I can pay if off and be done with the loan.

Regarding pricing, I’m not that concerned about it. I priced my car on edmunds and KBB vs. invoice and got higher numbers than I got from my dealer. I hadn’t found this forum before I bought, which would have been handy, but this car is so hot right now I don’t think they will go much lower. A few months ago, clearly I would have had more of an upper hand.

I got a better price on this car than any I found on the lot (nationwide) because if they had the ventilated seats, they also all had the automatic driving features that I do NOT want. Also most of them are black (ugh).

I don’t want a car that stops, steers or brakes for me. I don’t trust it. That technology is simply not ready for prime time. I can drive - been at it a long time now.

I could’ve waited also, but honestly I don’t want to. We have a long road trip coming up in July and this car will make it fun. I normally don’t leave home much because I have two very elderly cats (20 and 17 years old) who don’t seem to be going anywhere soon. They are very needy. Once they are gone I’ll probably travel quite a bit.

I have always had practical cars. This is my first really nice car. I plan to enjoy it and not worry if I’m paying $5 or $10 more a month.

I truly appreciate the advice and might press the dealer to add some freebie add ons at the financing meeting. I really hope this car doesn’t give me a ton of maintenance/repair heartburn. If it does I’m heading right to a Lexus dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 06:42 AM   #55
SHAWN 212
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
I got my discounts on a custom built X5 40i that arrived in 4 weeks. I was just offering my 2 cents. Good luck with your new car.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 08:09 AM   #56
sf2360
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G06-2021,718 GTS 4.0, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceptak0n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2360 View Post
Wrapping up my Lease on X6 and went in yesterday to look at X5 and Audi Q8.
X5 came in with following
Here is the deal i got today.
2019 X5 M sport MSRP $73.085
Net capital Cost $64,318
36/10k miles
Monthly $794
Do you have more details around residual, money factor and rebates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceptak0n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2360 View Post
Wrapping up my Lease on X6 and went in yesterday to look at X5 and Audi Q8.
X5 came in with following
Here is the deal i got today.
2019 X5 M sport MSRP $73.085
Net capital Cost $64,318
36/10k miles
Monthly $794
Do you have more details around residual, money factor and rebates?
Residual 59%
MF.00177
Rebates - 1250
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 04:15 PM   #57
BMWisFUN
Rep
Drives: X5 e40

Quote:
I got my discounts on a custom built X5 40i that arrived in 4 weeks. I was just offering my 2 cents. Good luck with your new car.
HI Shawn - Would you mind sharing your dealer info? I would like to fast track the process and could ship or possibly pick up in NJ.

Was the dealer unwilling to negotiate on their interest rate mark-up? I read previously that you can refinance the lease after 3 months. Is that straightforward?

Thanks!

Last edited by BMWisFUN; 05-23-2019 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 04:27 PM   #58
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWisFUN View Post
Was the dealer unwilling to negotiate on their interest rate mark-up? I read previously that you can refinance the lease after 3 months. Is that straightforward?

Thanks!
Not sure what you are asking here. I have never heard of refinancing a lease, do you mean buying out a lease. If you are going to do that then it will be much more expensive than purchasing right away due to no lease cash and extra fees.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 04:50 PM   #59
SHAWN 212
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
HI Shawn - Would you mind sharing your dealer info? I would like to fast track the process and could ship or possibly pick up in NJ.

Thanks!
Bryant Bustamante at Springfield Bmw in NJ. He's a great guy and can answer all your questions. 1-973-379-7744. I don't want to speak for him but I know I'm not the only person on this forum that has gotten a great deal from him
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 06:29 PM   #60
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks so much Shawn! I really appreciate your help and will see if I can use the info to get some benefits from the dealer!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #61
BMWisFUN
Rep
Drives: X5 e40

Quote:
Bryant Bustamante at Springfield Bmw in NJ. He's a great guy and can answer all your questions. 1-973-379-7744. I don't want to speak for him but I know I'm not the only person on this forum that has gotten a great deal from him
Thank you Shawn. I appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #62
SHAWN 212
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you Shawn. I appreciate it!
Your welcome.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 09:16 PM   #63
BBock727
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

Ordered an X5 40i this month that just came off the assembly line. I am being told that finance rate is 5.39% despite the website saying “4.39% APR financing for up to 60 months on any new 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i model. Rate is available from participating dealers to very well qualified customers with excellent credit history who meet BMW Financial Services credit requirements”. I know I have excellent credit. Could the dealership not be a participating dealer? Is it negotiable at this point?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 09:48 PM   #64
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBock727 View Post
Ordered an X5 40i this month that just came off the assembly line. I am being told that finance rate is 5.39% despite the website saying “4.39% APR financing for up to 60 months on any new 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i model. Rate is available from participating dealers to very well qualified customers with excellent credit history who meet BMW Financial Services credit requirements”. I know I have excellent credit. Could the dealership not be a participating dealer? Is it negotiable at this point?
They are probably marking up the rate to make a little extra money. Quite popular when leasing but also done for financing. Whether you can change your deal or not, that would be up to you and the dealer. If you didn't agree on any financing when they ordered the car then it sounds like it would be a negotiation item. Tell them you want the base rate of 4.39 or you are walking away from the deal, see what they say. Lesson learned either way, get all of the details worked out before placing the order. They usually offer no-harm locks.

Let us know how things turn out.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 07:01 AM   #65
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBock727 View Post
I can get 2.99% for up to five years. No idea why your dealer can’t offer you that, but when I shopped loans I got under 3.5 % from Bank of America. They have been calling me ever since to follow up.

However if you don’t use BMW finance you don’t get a $2,000 rebate. You can pay off the loan any time after three payments, I believe. So if your rate is that high you might want to use bmw for the finance incentives but get a better loan in a few months.

Play hardball. You will get your deposit back if you don’t take the car. If I don’t get good finance or lease terms, I’m fully prepared to walk. I might be crying all the way home, but I’ll do it if needed.

Also, this Saturday bmw will reveal its June incentives. Your dealer should offer you those if they are better than the May incentives. Dealers don’t know in advance, but my dealer says he will know by Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 04:56 PM   #66
BBock727
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
I can get 2.99% for up to five years. No idea why your dealer can’t offer you that, but when I shopped loans I got under 3.5 % from Bank of America. They have been calling me ever since to follow up.

However if you don’t use BMW finance you don’t get a $2,000 rebate. You can pay off the loan any time after three payments, I believe. So if your rate is that high you might want to use bmw for the finance incentives but get a better loan in a few months.

Play hardball. You will get your deposit back if you don’t take the car. If I don’t get good finance or lease terms, I’m fully prepared to walk. I might be crying all the way home, but I’ll do it if needed.

Also, this Saturday bmw will reveal its June incentives. Your dealer should offer you those if they are better than the May incentives. Dealers don’t know in advance, but my dealer says he will know by Saturday.
What state is that dealer located in? I am in New Jersey.
Appreciate 0