BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #1
PhilH930
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

X5 M50i - Carbon Fiber Interior Trim?

Struggling with color choices for an X5 M50i order. Right now, exterior preference is artic grey with black full merino (although I love Ivory but think it will discolor too much).

Challenge is finding a trim that looks half decent. None of the woods quite look right with the AG and black combo, and the best of a bad litter is Aluminum Dark Mesh Interior. My ideal choice would be carbon fiber, something that is available in the X5 M models, and also in the X6 M50i as a $300 charge. Does anyone know if there is a way to order this for an X5 M50i?
      12-18-2019, 02:44 AM   #2
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilH930 View Post
Struggling with color choices for an X5 M50i order. Right now, exterior preference is artic grey with black full merino (although I love Ivory but think it will discolor too much).

Challenge is finding a trim that looks half decent. None of the woods quite look right with the AG and black combo, and the best of a bad litter is Aluminum Dark Mesh Interior. My ideal choice would be carbon fiber, something that is available in the X5 M models, and also in the X6 M50i as a $300 charge. Does anyone know if there is a way to order this for an X5 M50i?

Anthractie-Brown Polar Matte Finish Wood is a great look on all black interior and Arctic Grey, we actually had this exact same combo on a X7.

But if you just want to get the CF trim, talk to your SA and do a special order for a fee (it's CAN$400 for the special order fee plus the option cost here in Canada, not sure how much they charge in the US), your dealer will then contact the factory to see if they'll approve it
Appreciate 2
      12-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #3
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilH930 View Post

Have you gone to the dealer and looked at the trims? With black interior, really all of the trims will look good with maybe the metallic brown being the exception. I agree with X6M50i, that the Anthracite Poplar Matte would look great. So would the Fine Wood Ash Grain. The pics on the configurator really don't do any of the leathers and trims justice.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
polychromatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E44, E61, E07

My take...CF trim is so yesterday. I think it’s day has passed, maybe because there are so many fake CF materials out there.

I tried to like the Tetragon trim, but it didn’t quite get there in tonal attributes next to the stainless steel trim, so it kinda looked off, like it was nickel instead of stainless or aluminum (yes picky, I know).

The Poplar was the ticket. Not some shiny or gaudy appearance just pleasant, not calling attention to itself. YMMV
Appreciate 0