BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-29-2020, 09:25 AM   #133
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

My "mygarage" site is down. I wonder if it's just for me or everyone.

My production is supposed to be completed tomorrow so I'm hoping to see updates today on the tracker. If it actually finishes tomorrow there's a chance I can push my PCD date up so I'm really really anxious.

Update: site is back up and still no progress on the tracker...

Last edited by atl_1M; 01-29-2020 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 09:49 AM   #134
x5_M50i_NC
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5MC / X740i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post

My production is supposed to be completed tomorrow so I'm hoping to see updates today on the tracker. If it actually finishes tomorrow there's a chance I can push my PCD date up so I'm really really anxious.

Down for me as well. My completion date was moved up to this Saturday.I just sent an email to my CA to see if I can push up my PCD as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 10:14 AM   #135
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5_M50i_NC View Post
Quote:

Down for me as well. My completion date was moved up to this Saturday.I just sent an email to my CA to see if I can push up my PCD as well.
Fortunately actual production is humming along with some users completed ahead of schedule. MyGarage updates remain at least a day or two behind.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #136
Tatuusf1k
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05), Nissan 370Z

New to BMW

Just ordered X5 40i and new to the brand. Super excited to have a new car coming to the stable for the first time in 6 years. Looks like our build is slated for week 6 or 7 with delivery by end of FEB.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2020, 11:29 AM   #137
Mtn2Srf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilH930 View Post

Can't wait to see this one clean!!!
Thanks ! I had light leather in my range rover and it wasn’t too bad to keep clean if I stayed on it. Hoping for the same experience. I will take some delivery pics for sure
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #138
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Fortunately actual production is humming along with some users completed ahead of schedule. MyGarage updates remain at least a day or two behind.
Do you think the dealer's software has more fine grained and updated status or do their interface just show the same as mygarage.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 02:06 PM   #139
0_steve
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 X5 M60i/20 Z4

Quote:
Quote:

Is this possible? My completion just got pulled up to Monday and I never had a PCD date.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 02:59 PM   #140
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you think the dealer's software has more fine grained and updated status or do their interface just show the same as mygarage.
I assume they have no more current info then the SC BMW genius. My preference was to talk with the genius vs my salesperson as they have same info and I want to leave salesperson alone unless it's an emergency. Don't want to go to the well too often.

In reality, we're all fixated on the hourly/ daily status but we can't speed it up and the completion date originally provided is pretty close to when you receive, if not a few days earlier.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 03:10 PM   #141
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Doesn't seem like they have better info. I called mine earlier today and he showed the car being on the same step as I see on mygarage. I also don't think he realizes how behind the system is...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 03:52 PM   #142
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn2Srf View Post
So if it helps anyone, the carrier assigned status went to "at the dealership" three days later and of course it was not there but today it did actually arrive!

Total : 6 days from "carrier arrives" status from SC to Denver. They are doing a hand wash before wax and prep at my instruction , I should be picking up in a few days.

2020 xdrive40i m-sport
arctic grey
ivory vernasca luxury interior with dark aluminum mesh trim
extended shadow
(and a bunch of fun options, IAS included)
Congrats!!! Loving the color
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 03:56 PM   #143
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
CA called to say vehicle arrived at dealership today. Plan to pick up Thursday noon. 35 days from order (12/27) to delivery (1/30).
Congrats!! Seems like everyone's car is coming in slowly.

I wonder if it's worth waiting an extra day to pick up your car?
Incase February MF, incentives, loyalty program has a better deal then you current one
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 03:59 PM   #144
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Quote:
CA called to say vehicle arrived at dealership today. Plan to pick up Thursday noon. 35 days from order (12/27) to delivery (1/30).

Incase February MF, incentives, loyalty program has a better deal then you current one
I'm waiting the additional week to pick up on Sat (2/8) in case February is better than January. If you ordered in December though, that's probably as good as it gets. Highly doubt February would beat December (unless MF drops to 0.00125 and residuals go back up; doubtful).
MoeMo87183.50
      01-29-2020, 04:00 PM   #145
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not leasing. Can incentives, loyalty program change? Can it get worse? I ordered December.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 04:15 PM   #146
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not leasing. Can incentives, loyalty program change? Can it get worse? I ordered December.
Yes they can change.
Usually they do a credit check and you sign some paperwork which would lock you in to the best program.

The only thing that has changed from December, is the MF which has gone up. But since your not leasing, I guess it wouldn't apply to you.

The loyalty and incentives would still apply to you when financing but they haven't changed since December. However, It may or may not change in February. But I was thinking waiting one extra day couldn't hurt you, since your original pick up date is 1/31/20.

Last year my M550 was suppose to be ready for pick up at the end of April of 2019. It got delayed 5 days due to shipping. I was really happy to find out that in May 2019 the incentive went up by 2K!!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 04:23 PM   #147
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Yes they can change.
Usually they do a credit check and you sign some paperwork which would lock you in to the best program.

The only thing that has changed from December, is the MF which has gone up. But since your not leasing, I guess it wouldn't apply to you.

The loyalty and incentives would still apply to you when financing but they haven't changed since December. However, It may or may not change in February. But I was thinking waiting one extra day couldn't hurt you, since your original pick up date is 1/31/20.

Last year my M550 was suppose to be ready for pick up at the end of April of 2019. It got delayed 5 days due to shipping. I was really happy to find out that in May 2019 the incentive went up by 2K!!
When are February incentives known, Feb 1? Can incentive decline and therefore my cost increase?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 04:27 PM   #148
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I'm waiting the additional week to pick up on Sat (2/8) in case February is better than January. If you ordered in December though, that's probably as good as it gets. Highly doubt February would beat December (unless MF drops to 0.00125 and residuals go back up; doubtful).
Absolutely true! Your right, most likely it won't change.

But how pissed off would you be if you picked up your car a day earlier and then you find out the next day that incentive or loyalty credit went up lol
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 04:29 PM   #149
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Yes they can change.

When are February incentives known, Feb 1? Can incentive decline and therefore my cost increase?
Incentives could decline.

The only way the cost goes up for you is if your not locked into the best program.

I wouldn't worry much about it. Highly doubt anything will change
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 04:34 PM   #150
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But how pissed off would you be if you picked up your car a day earlier and then you find out the next day that incentive or loyalty credit went up lol
My question is there a possibility incentive can decline in February. My December incentives were $4,250. Could they decline to $2,000? If they can only be same or better in February waiting makes sense. If they can decline, I'd rather not take that chance.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 04:37 PM   #151
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My question is there a possibility incentive can decline in February. My December incentives were $4,250. Could they decline to $2,000? If they can only be same or better in February waiting makes sense. If they can decline, I'd rather not take that chance.
As long as your 60-day lock (for East coast) is still in effect, then even if February incentives/rates/residuals are worse, it will not affect your deal.
RVAGuy167.00
araje58.50
      01-29-2020, 05:20 PM   #152
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Okay so this got me worried a bit and I called my SA.
We signed and put in the order yesterday(Jan) so he said if you get the car in Feb or early Mar, we will see the discounts/incentives/rebates in that month and compare to Jan and use best off.

However, for the APR from bank there is only a 30day lock so if I get the car in Mar, Mar rates will apply but if I get it in Feb then I can decide the best of Jan/Feb for APR.

Consistent with your understanding for buying scenario?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 05:23 PM   #153
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay so this got me worried a bit and I called my SA.
We signed and put in the order yesterday(Jan) so he said if you get the car in Feb or early Mar, we will see the discounts/incentives/rebates in that month and compare to Jan and use best off.

However, for the APR from bank there is only a 30day lock so if I get the car in Mar, Mar rates will apply but if I get it in Feb then I can decide the best of Jan/Feb for APR.

Consistent with your understanding for buying scenario?
Are you using your own bank for financing?
      01-29-2020, 06:08 PM   #154
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yes we explored BMW FS but their rate was higher than the other banks I was looking at.

Quote:
Are you using your own bank for financing?
Appreciate 0