BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-07-2020, 03:13 PM   #23
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Wow. Your rear seat pictures also look great. Looks like BMW has addressed the wrinklegate situation of the rear seats?

RVAGuy also took his delivery recently. How are your rear seats.
Does the wrinkle situation change between merino or vernasca leather?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 04:35 PM   #24
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Wow. Your rear seat pictures also look great. Looks like BMW has addressed the wrinklegate situation of the rear seats?

RVA guy has left the forum. He doesn't want to see what updates/model revisions the ones made after his have, and has been locked away in his garage for the last week since delivery polishing and buffing.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 05:19 PM   #25
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Hah!
      02-07-2020, 08:56 PM   #26
Mtn2Srf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsa7151 View Post
What tint did you go with? I’m trying to decide whether i should do 20-25 or 35? Mine is carbon black with black interior and if the front is too dark it might make the overall car super dark.

How does yours look?? Any pictures?
I had it done by the dealer , ceramic material, but not sure of %. My guess is 20%. I will check and get you a picture in the coming weeks. We have been up in Vail all week (left the day after delivery) and it has been dumping snow (2+ feet), took my wife's car (xc90) as I didn't want road salt etc to be the first thing it experiences. It will get dirty next week, but it was just too soon. hah!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 08:57 PM   #27
Mtn2Srf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

That picture is a very good angle. There are clearly wrinkles ,but on the "light" side compared to some pictures I have seen. I would refuse delivery if they were as bad as some I saw, but it looks fairly intentional on this one.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 08:59 PM   #28
Mtn2Srf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
RVA guy has left the forum. He doesn't want to see what updates/model revisions the ones made after his have, and has been locked away in his garage for the last week since delivery polishing and buffing.
Hah! That's like me not wanting to see all the M50i deliveries start showing up - that was my true dream, but I will keep telling myself I get better gas milage and do a flash tune someday.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 10:29 AM   #29
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn2Srf View Post
Quote:

That picture is a very good angle. There are clearly wrinkles ,but on the "light" side compared to some pictures I have seen. I would refuse delivery if they were as bad as some I saw, but it looks fairly intentional on this one.
I didn't get what you meant by intentional on this one.
You mean the wrinkles are a part of Manufacturing design? Like to avoid tearing or something when it exceeds its designed holding weight.

After paying for luxury package, this is such a sore point.

Also this is my 2nd car buying experience in this country. First one was a leased X3. What do you mean by refusing delivery. Do they fix it and then you take the delivery? Or do you simply refuse? If so, I have a 1K deposit down. Is that refunded?
Can you explain? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 10:33 AM   #30
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
You mean the wrinkles are a part of Manufacturing design? Like to avoid tearing or something when it exceeds its designed holding weight.

After paying for luxury package, this is such a sore point.
Please don't start another WrinkleGate discussion on yet another thread. There is an epic thread already on it, please take it there.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1548610
      02-10-2020, 11:15 AM   #31
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
Quote:

It's true. After taking delivery I've moved on from the hourly updates of delivery status, the wrinklegate saga, questions of where to get the best price and favorite options. Before taking delivery I did question where this forum would fit in my life but now I find myself compelled to return to defend myself from speculation and unsubstantiated rumors.
Actually I'm enjoying getting acclimated (X5/M50i/ DHP/ glass/ Merino/ executive). I was thinking of submitting a two week evaluation of impressions as I have a good sense of my hits/misses and at the same time still learning about certain features especially related to driving.
Yes, I have taken time to give the car a good wash and wax. Total time was 3 hours. Obviously the interior needed little time and I concluded claying was unnecessary. I was disappointed that the dealer had the car washed before delivery despite three requests to only remove the protective film. I was able to remove the water spots but disappointed that I thought it was a simple request.
I'm killing time while waiting for my wife at the beauty parlor. When I have my thoughts together and more time I will submit my two week or whatever evaluation.
Regards to all.
Appreciate 3
scotchy210.00
Mtn2Srf251.50
      02-11-2020, 11:32 AM   #32
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDI Touareg, 997 Turbo

Look forward to your evaluation. Yes, it's funny how we move forward on forums like these depending where we are during the process. I'm at the "check MyGarage every 10 minutes, read up on options, question options, etc." lol.

but also reading what new owners have to say - warts and all is very useful.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 04:33 PM   #33
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

There is only one thing which keeps me sane during this waiting period - this forum.
Bimmerpost has been down a lot lately. That is an absolute torture.
Appreciate 0