BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-24-2020, 03:16 AM   #837
NazaK
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 418d

My X3 30e, which was recalled before delivery, got cleared today I think, I no longer see the recall on the UK site.

it arrived on 20/09 in Zeebrugge where it stayed, on 17/11 its status changed to 'DELIVERED FROM' so probably started testing?

My X5 45e also changed status to 'DELIVERED FROM' today (it didn't have the recall) SO happy days for me!

Code:
{
	"status": "OK",
	"code": 200,
	"data": {
		"vin": "XXXXXXX",
		"vinStatus": "Closed",
		"technicalCampaigns": [
			{
				"recallType": "no recall",
				"defectCode": "STOP013222",
				"defectCodeDescription": "Impurities High-Voltage Battery 34 Ah",
				"reservationDate": "",
				"reservationDealer": "",
				"ErrorFlag": "",
				"ErrorMessage": ""
			},
			{
				"recallType": "Safety",
				"defectCode": "0061670500",
				"defectCodeDescription": "Cells in the high-voltage battery",
			}
		]
	}
}
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2020, 04:02 AM   #838
krisdv
///M Power
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 - G05 X5 45e

My STOP code got cleared today as well, UK website shows no issues anymore.

Car involved is X5 45e that arrived in Zeebrugge on September 20th. It changed status in the track and trace to 'DELIVERED FROM' (start of testing?) on November 16th.

Contacted my dealer by mail, waiting further update.
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2020, 04:38 AM   #839
joaopedro1520
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by NazaK View Post
My X3 30e, which was recalled before delivery, got cleared today I think, I no longer see the recall on the UK site.

it arrived on 20/09 in Zeebrugge where it stayed, on 17/11 its status changed to 'DELIVERED FROM' so probably started testing?

My X5 45e also changed status to 'DELIVERED FROM' today (it didn't have the recall) SO happy days for me!

Code:
{
			{
			},
			{
			}
		]
	}
}
I just registered on this forum because of this. I have a 330e that was built in may and delivered in august.
The dealer collected the car last week(16/11) and provided a rental that bmw germany is paying for( i'm in portugal)
The car has been sitting in the dealer parking lot since then. But checking on the bmw uk site this is my response. It shows a reservation date of the day after they collected the car
Since the car had been driving with no charge I started hearing different noises on the petrol engine or maybe it's just my imagination, so to prevent furher damages they provided a rental

Code:
{
    "vin": "WBA5X7XXXX",
    "vinStatus": "Open",
      {
      },
      {
        "reservationDate": "20201117",
        "vinStatus": "Open",
        "reservationDealer": "47018",
      }
    ]
  }
}
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2020, 06:27 AM   #840
Rparker
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by NazaK View Post

Code:
{
			{
			},
			{
			}
		]
	}
}

Are you using this page to check for recall or a different page?

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html

I just noticed that you seem to get much more details than what I recieve when adding my VIN number on the page. My results are still unchanged and read as follows:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Vehicle Details
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): xxxxxxxx
Brand: BMW
There is an open safety related recall on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle, or contact your local retailer here for more information. Recall code 0061670500.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 06:38 AM   #841
joaopedro1520
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rparker View Post
Are you using this page to check for recall or a different page?

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html

I just noticed that you seem to get much more details than what I recieve when adding my VIN number on the page. My results are still unchanged and read as follows:

Vehicle Details
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): xxxxxxxx
Brand: BMW
There is an open safety related recall on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle, or contact your local retailer here for more information. Recall code 0061670500.
you need to fetch the network response that the website gets. the website transforms that data into what you see. but in reality you have more than that
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 07:37 AM   #842
benoitvdb
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45E

delivery

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but due to my non-delivery of my X5 45E, I started to read this forum. My car had to be delivered beginning of October, but since then no news, except for the official news of BMW. I've noticed that on my contract documents my VIN is not mentioned. I asked my BMW dealer to provide me this number but they refuse. Is that normal?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 07:53 AM   #843
NazaK
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 418d

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaopedro1520 View Post
you need to fetch the network response that the website gets. the website transforms that data into what you see. but in reality you have more than that
Indeed, what joaopedro1520 said.
In most browsers the developper tools open when you press the F12 key. Then on the network tab find the right line with the request of your vin number and in the response you can see all the information including closed recalls.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 08:06 AM   #844
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoitvdb View Post
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but due to my non-delivery of my X5 45E, I started to read this forum. My car had to be delivered beginning of October, but since then no news, except for the official news of BMW. I've noticed that on my contract documents my VIN is not mentioned. I asked my BMW dealer to provide me this number but they refuse. Is that normal?
The VIN number is not assigned when you sign the contract. They can't put on the contract. It is generated when the car is produced. I got my VIN a week or two before delivery.

If your car is in Belgium I don't see why your dealer won't give you the VIN.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 08:12 AM   #845
benoitvdb
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
The VIN number is not assigned when you sign the contract. They can't put on the contract. It is generated when the car is produced. I got my VIN a week or two before delivery.

It was a stock car, so it was in Belgium when I ordered it. Still the refuse to give it (orders from above apparently). Very strange situation and really don't know why.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #846
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

VIN is indeed usually provided at the moment the car enters production. Considering shipping to Belgium and prep work at the dealership, this is usually 5-6 weeks before delivery date. If the car has been produced, no reason for the dealer to withhold this info...
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 08:19 AM   #847
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

It was a stock car, so it was in Belgium when I ordered it. Still the refuse to give it (orders from above apparently). Very strange situation and really don't know why.
If it is a stock car they should put the VIN in your contract.

I have bought the car from the manager of the dealership twice in the past and they noted the VIN in my contract. I think you should do this not to have discussions afterwards.

So you bought the stock car from the dealership, it was there and you saw it, you had to wait and the the recall occurred and that took it away for testing? That really sucks.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 08:25 AM   #848
benoitvdb
Rep

Quote:

I have bought the car from the manager of the dealership twice in the past and they noted the VIN in my contract. I think you should do this not to have discussions afterwards.

So you bought the stock car from the dealership, it was there and you saw it, you had to wait and the the recall occurred and that took it away for testing? That really sucks.
Yes indeed, I confirmed the car in September and had to wait till beginning of October to pick it up. A few days before pick up, they called me to say that the car was on the list of recalled cars. I already asked two times for the VIN number, but they tell me that they cannot give it to me. Worst case they give me a different one with the same specs, but then what?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #849
benoitvdb
Rep

Quote:
Yes indeed, I confirmed the car in September and had to wait till beginning of October to pick it up. A few days before pick up, they called me to say that the car was on the list of recalled cars. I already asked two times for the VIN number, but they tell me that they cannot give it to me. Worst case they give me a different one with the same specs, but then what?
This is the response of the garage (in dutch):

Benoit,

Momenteel mogen de chassisnrs van de geblokkeerde wagens NIET vrijgegeven worden.
Daar deze wagen nog niet leverbaar is.

Hou je op de hoogte zodra wel.
Het is van hogerhand BMW.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 08:59 AM   #850
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This is the response of the garage (in dutch):

Benoit,

Momenteel mogen de chassisnrs van de geblokkeerde wagens NIET vrijgegeven worden.
Daar deze wagen nog niet leverbaar is.

Hou je op de hoogte zodra wel.
Het is van hogerhand BMW.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Strange.

They know the VIN because it is on all their papers. I don't know why they wouldn't let you know.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 09:13 AM   #851
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Was your stock car new or was it a Directie wagen?

If it was a nearly new car and they give you a brand new car with the same options for the same price it would be a good deal.

If the car you ordered was new and they give you another new one exactly as you ordered it wouldn't bother me either as long it is delivered in a reasonable time frame.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 09:25 AM   #852
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Strange on the basis they are telling you the car is delayed because of the recall, means they have a Vin to refer to and share with you. If they not sharing, they maybe considering few options with you, like maybe the car is also promised to some one else, and will give in to who put more pressure on them, like they do with limited editions cars. The irony of all is the 45e is looking like a limited edition with the time it is taking us to get hold of one.

Quote:

If it was a nearly new car and they give you a brand new car with the same options for the same price it would be a good deal.

If the car you ordered was new and they give you another new one exactly as you ordered it wouldn't bother me either as long it is delivered in a reasonable time frame.

Last edited by martin mustang; 11-24-2020 at 09:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 09:43 AM   #853
benoitvdb
Rep

Quote:

It was a stock car, brand new, 0 km
What would you suggest me to send to the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 09:46 AM   #854
benoitvdb
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
Strange on the basis they are telling you the car is delayed because of the recall, means they have a Vin to refer to and share with you. If they not sharing, they maybe considering few options with you, like maybe the car is also promised to some one else, and will give in to who put more pressure on them, like they do with limited editions cars. The irony of all is the 45e is looking like a limited edition with the time it is taking us to get hold of one.
The car was in the showroom, I saw it and that same day I decided to take it. I was on a time pressure because I had to return my previous car. The time between September and delivery was only because of some administration (start of my company, renting, ...). The contracts that I have signed are in detail, even with pictures, except for the VIN number.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 10:33 AM   #855
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

It was a stock car, brand new, 0 km
What would you suggest me to send to the dealer?
Difficult one.

I guess you still want the car. If they deliver a new car within a reasonable time with the options you ordered it wouldn't bother me if it is exactly the same care as you saw at the dealership.

I know you want the VIN. I would want it too but at the end it doesn't make a big difference. What is on your mind? The fact that they might have given your car to someone else? And made you wait for a new one?

I would put some pressure on them. Reading this thread some Belgian owners are starting to get info on their testing and when delivery is to be expected.

And tell them you took a stock car to have it quickly and now you still have to wait for months.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 10:43 AM   #856
benoitvdb
Rep

Quote:
Difficult one.

I guess you still want the car. If they deliver a new car within a reasonable time with the options you ordered it wouldn't bother me if it is exactly the same care as you saw at the dealership.

I know you want the VIN. I would want it too but at the end it doesn't make a big difference. What is on your mind? The fact that they might have given your car to someone else? And made you wait for a new one?

I would put some pressure on them. Reading this thread some Belgian owners are starting to get info on their testing and when delivery is to be expected.

And tell them you took a stock car to have it quickly and now you still have to wait for months.
I don't really care about the car as such, but I don't really like the fact they are holding back information about the car. I received a spare car for the meantime so I'm ok on that point.
Are there other forum users who are in the same situation like me (not received the car) but have got the VIN number?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 01:23 PM   #857
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I don't really care about the car as such, but I don't really like the fact they are holding back information about the car. I received a spare car for the meantime so I'm ok on that point.
Are there other forum users who are in the same situation like me (not received the car) but have got the VIN number?
Very strange!
My dealer in Antwerp gave me my VIN as soon as I asked for it.
My car is sitting at the dealers already 2 months.

I wanted the VIN to track the progress but to be honest it doesn’t really tell you that much. Of course In the case if they said they would replace the car it would be useful to have so they don’t just give me the same one after a further 10 weeks!!

I also don’t see why they wouldn’t give it to you but in saying that BMWs transparency on this entire issue has been pretty mind blowing!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 01:36 PM   #858
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom dew View Post
The moment i have news, i will post it.
No update Tom?
I would have thought your car would have been through the testing by now?
Appreciate 0