No_Country
Rep
Drives: bwm x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills Oil Company View Post
Lasers look better, but not $1k better.
I am with you on this one, disappointed I don't get the full rights, but the laser headlights especially in the US are not worth the added expense to me and would not pay a grand to have 2 more inches LED added.
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #25
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
Quote:
Lasers look better, but not $1k better.
I am with you on this one, disappointed I don't get the full rights, but the laser headlights especially in the US are not worth the added expense to me and would not pay a grand to have 2 more inches LED added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
I actually saw one today and know what you mean now. They're not fully shaped like the laser lights. I'm glad I got the laser lights but at the same time it seems like BMW is trying to differentiate options more whether we like it or not. Personally I think they both look good in their own way even though I prefer the full shape.

Edit: Most of the Germans seem to differentiate their headlights in some way so I wouldn't be offended by the styling difference. If you want an example look at how Audi does theirs for the HID vs LED headlights
Yeah... I was joking about BMW "dissing" non laser owners. I agree - both look fine in their own way. It's too bad BMW can't be more specific about features and what you do/don't get. It's really hard to determine, too often in my opinion.

Same idea with the idea that adding a trailer hitch takes away the ability to open the trunk with foot movement. It may seem obvious in hindsight (I actually knew this before purchasing) but there is really no disclosure about this and others have been disappointed to learn it's missing. Same thing with understanding where ACC is included or not. All things I've seen others confused by, in these forums.

I did way more homework than your average buyer does and I'm still tripping over unexpected additions or omissions depending on the options and packages you ordered.
I agree, the options and changes should be outlined in a more concise manner. I think the ACC not being standard is rather normal for BMW. I don't think any of their current models have it standard in the US. It's good to do research beforehand, even then you may not conclusively know for new vehicles. Hell, most CA's still don't know what options do what...

The laser headlights are part of the Executive tier options which also includes:
Remote Engine Start

Soft-close automatic doors

Heated and Cooled Cupholders

Rear manual side window shades

Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight

So the upgrade has some meaningful additions for the $2k difference.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #26
Bills Oil Company
Private
Rep
Drives: Newb

Quote:
I agree, the options and changes should be outlined in a more concise manner. I think the ACC not being standard is rather normal for BMW. I don't think any of their current models have it standard in the US. It's good to do research beforehand, even then you may not conclusively know for new vehicles. Hell, most CA's still don't know what options do what...

The laser headlights are part of the Executive tier options which also includes:
Remote Engine Start

Its all personal preference. If money wasn't a factor, i would choose every option. But then you are over 100k. For 100k, I would get the Cayenne S. Not the BMW. For me, the executive tier options are worth $300 in total, not $2k. So, I decided not to get them. I did choose the M sport package, Merino leather and other options that I valued. Isn't freedom great? We could all be in China.....
Appreciate 1
J-RO2095.00
      12-09-2018, 08:49 PM   #27
tqbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
VW called and want their DRLs back
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 08:50 PM   #28
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Remote Engine Start

Its all personal preference. If money wasn't a factor, i would choose every option. But then you are over 100k. For 100k, I would get the Cayenne S. Not the BMW. For me, the executive tier options are worth $300 in total, not $2k. So, I decided not to get them. I did choose the M sport package, Merino leather and other options that I valued. Isn't freedom great? We could all be in China.....
I don't blame you at all! I considered the Cayenne but would need to sacrifice a lot of options even at $100k. Mine is close to that mark and I didn't include about $6k in options (rear seat entertainment, NV, 22's) so the price rises very fast...
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0