10-19-2023, 07:29 AM   #23
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpal123 View Post
I've just bought some BRAND NEW Duracell 2032s and tried two of them - still no joy. The temp solution is to get in and hold the key to the steering column, then press start (then just close the error message). Tedious but it works.

Anyone got any thoughts as to what could be the cause?
Why are you bothering to solve this puzzle on a loaner? I mean why not just let the dealer deal with it when you give it back or if you will have it for a while longer, have them give you the other key fob.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2023, 08:26 AM   #24
sarpal123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Why are you bothering to solve this puzzle on a loaner? I mean why not just let the dealer deal with it when you give it back or if you will have it for a while longer, have them give you the other key fob.
You are absolutely correct . It's just something that is bugging me and I'd like to find a solution. And maybe someone here will have it happen to their car and find this thread...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 08:45 AM   #25
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpal123 View Post
You are absolutely correct . It's just something that is bugging me and I'd like to find a solution. And maybe someone here will have it happen to their car and find this thread...
I get it and it would bug me too I'm quite surprised that after the dealers service dept couldn't solve it that they still let you go home with it. After reading all the posts it simply seems to be a defective fob. I'm assuming they only gave you the one fob, is that right?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 10:58 AM   #26
sarpal123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 50e

Yes, just the one.

On a side note, they also crippled the MyBMW app - I can only load my profile, can't do any of the car controls
Appreciate 0