BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-21-2023, 06:16 PM   #1
Inspector Detector
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

2024 X5 50e ordered (I think)

Hello, everyone. I’m new here. Been lurking for about 2 weeks.

I had a 2013 X5 that bit the dust…what seemed like a very minor fender bender, but insurance ended up totaling it cuz cost to repair was more than the value of the vehicle. I had planned on keeping it a few more years until there were more EV options available.

So, I’ve ordered a new 2024 X5 50e. I think. LOL. My dealer told me that they’re ordering it but they said not until end of July production? I don’t know exactly what that means. I don’t have anything proving it’s on order, so who knows. I’ve been seeing that others have “week xx” but I don’t have anything like that. I’m just going on them telling me it’s on order.

I went for the 50e because I originally wanted an all-electric vehicle but I just personally feel like we’re still 3 to 5 years from better technology and a lot more options (my uneducated opinion only), so the PHEV was the next best option. At least this way I can sink my teeth slowly into the world of electric cars.

Been reading up on the wall charger options and all that, so I’ll guess that will be my next step but I want to wait until I actually know my X5 is being produced.

Opted for Alpine White (I know, basic, but I’ve never had a white car before so this will be new and exciting for me) with Coffee interior, executive package along with driver assist, parking assist, and climate packages.

Thank you for all of the amazing information within all of these threads. I much appreciate reading about all of the ins and outs of the ordering process, the production process, the delivery process, and the post purchase experiences. I hope they’ve worked out the 50e issue that many are having at the moment by the time mine is built.

Last edited by Inspector Detector; 06-22-2023 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 07:19 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Welcome to the forum. You have it on order as in it is in the order bank but your dealer doesn't have an allocation so it can't be built. Once they get an allocation for you then you should be given a production number and be able to get the week it should be built. The allocations should be issued next week or the following week and those will be for August production.
      06-22-2023, 12:55 AM   #3
Inspector Detector
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the clarification, TurtleBoy. I appreciate your reply. I guess the waiting game begins.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2023, 12:19 PM   #4
Inspector Detector
Enlisted Member
Rep

Got some good news to report. My advisor texted me to let me know that my 50e is in production. I asked him what that means and he said no changes can be made at this point.

I don’t know what that means for the timeline in terms of when I’ll actually get my X5, but he thought it would be around 2 months from now (west coast).
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 01:10 PM   #5
Inspector Detector
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just wanted to say “thank you” to this forum and all of the members posting. It has been keeping me occupied while I wait for my X5 50e. Especially interesting reading about the “stop sale” and CEL issues associated with this trim. Hopefully, it all gets resolved quickly.

[UPDATE]
I was able to reach out to my sales person and got production number. I signed up for “My BMW” and found that my car is Quality Check. He seems to think that it’s taking a bit longer than usual. Perhaps it’s due to all of the CEL issues.

Last edited by Inspector Detector; 07-17-2023 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0