BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-31-2023, 04:27 PM   #1
ALUSNA
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Our 50e is "For Sale" on dealer's website!

Ordered a 50e in May and it arrived at the dealer over the weekend. Image taken by the CA looks great. Replaces a 2013 X5 destroyed in Florida flooding! Pick it up Tuesday. So, to find the dealers address (its 40-plus miles away) I accessed his website and there was our 50e with all the details to include VIN and pricing offered "for sale." Texted the CA and he claims this is standard BMW practice, not the dealer! Wow! Anyone else with similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 04:36 PM   #2
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

simple answer
some dealers website automatically populates all incoming cars whether sold or not
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 04:43 PM   #3
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALUSNA View Post
Ordered a 50e in May and it arrived at the dealer over the weekend. Image taken by the CA looks great. Replaces a 2013 X5 destroyed in Florida flooding! Pick it up Tuesday. So, to find the dealers address (its 40-plus miles away) I accessed his website and there was our 50e with all the details to include VIN and pricing offered "for sale." Texted the CA and he claims this is standard BMW practice, not the dealer! Wow! Anyone else with similar experience?
That has happened with all my BMWs. In fact, when you search BMW 's inventory and call the dealers, most of the well-equipped models are sold. Just how the process work.

Nothing to worry about.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 05:39 PM   #4
arRod1981
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALUSNA View Post
This is normal. Our '22 X5 45e that we picked up at PCD was listed on the dealership website, even though it was never there.
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2023, 07:31 AM   #5
ALUSNA
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Thanks, all. Appreciate the feedback. When we purchased our 2013 X5, ordered similarly thought a (different) dealer, this was not visible. And of course the 535i ordered through diplomatic sales and picked up in Munich had none of this. Sometimes I wonder how dealers, with their nefarious tricks and pricing and added fees, stay in business despite tarnishing the BMW brand.
Appreciate 0