05-24-2023, 11:50 PM   #1
CINCYFAN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 & G05

Garage List
Zurich vs Sentinel extended warranty?

Hello all - I posted something similar in the X3 forum but wanted to ask here as well.

My wife and I recently replaced her 2019 BMW X3 with a 2019 BMW X5. She loved the X3 but we really needed a bigger SUV for weekend trips, college drop offs, and shuttling the family around. I also happen to drive a 2019 X3.

I purchased a Zurich extended warranty (4/~84k total miles) at the dealership when we bought the X5 but have been able to find a comparable "bumper to bumper"-type Sentinel warranty at a better price and an additional year (60/85k total miles). Though it may be a little bit of a hassle, I'm seriously thinking about canceling the Zurich plan and buying the Sentinel warranty through YAA as I can save about 20 percent. But before I go through the process, I thought I'd ask if anyone has experience with either warranty company. I did a little research online and in the Bimmers forums but I didn't necessarily come away with what I was hoping to learn.

I realize I can "self-insure" and we do have a good vehicle emergency/maintenance fund, but I also like peace of mind.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts or insights folks might have.

Thanks!
​​​​​​​
Life is short, drive what you want.
Appreciate 0