BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #45
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflight View Post
I have an 8 year old daughter. This is probably her last year of "believing". Next year, it'll suck until grandchildren.
Your 8 year old believes? I don't ever remember believing, but Kindergarten for sure.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 07:50 PM   #46
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
What bothers me is those that get offended by a mention of Merry Christmas.
It's the other way around. Intolerant Xians tend to go wacko over the more inclusive "Happy Holidays," forgetting that Hanukkah was around far before Jesus (who -- gasp! -- was Jewish), and you get folks like Megyn Kelly in her Fox News days claiming that both Santa and Jesus were white men, claiming there's a war on Christmas.

I predict people will really start losing their s*** when they find out about Santa's Husband, a book by a (married, heterosexual) couple of writers on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. It was inspired by the backlash when one of the writers, Daniel Kibblesmith @kibblesmith, jokingly tweeted that he and his wife "have decided our future child will only know about Black Santa. If they see a white one we'll say 'That's his husband.'"

The law of unintended consequences intervened. Instead of shutting Kibblesmith up, the couple responded to angry reactions by publishing a book.

Appreciate 0