Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtreo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
I personally believe it's a combination of the iDrive version, BimmerCode and the OBD used as the beta BimmerCode solved the BDC issue but not the key fob trunk function. Yet the change of the OBD to ENET just solved it for me 10 min ago.

So what I see the best out of experience with UniCarScan 2000 "Bluetooth based" and ENET. Is don't was your dime on anything other than an ENET "OBD cable" Speed, stability and feedback from both the vehicle and the app are day and night difference.

Had I known this I would have save myself the headache and time of ordering this Bluetooth OBD adapter.

By the way I know someone who's selling a UniCarScan 2000 mint condition for $75 shipped.
How do you use Enet with Bimmercode?
Here is what I use to connect my ENET cable to Bimmercode on iPhone.

2M Ethernet to OBD Interface Cable E-SYS ICOM Coding F-Series for BMW ENET https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y5FJ695..._ykwoFbH94JYVS

And

Lighting Ethernet Adapter Phone Ethernet Adapter Network Pad Ethernet RJ45 100Mbps by Enbia Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VK8Q36S..._xlwoFb25B7WFK
Appreciate 1
edtreo88.50
      08-16-2020, 01:34 PM   #1476
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

I'm having a hard time understanding why all of you are using cables. That's the whole purpose of getting one of these. https://burgertuning.com/products/mh...-flash-adapter.
This is basically giving you the functionality of a wired Ethernet connection without the wires. The above adapter is compatible with iOS and Android.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 02:09 PM   #1477
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
Just got mine back too except they installed 07/2020.35 and had no trouble re-coding. Maybe re-install Bimemr code? Verify your MX+ is working?
Interesting, I think you are the first to report that Bimmercode didn't give an error for the BDC module. I wonder if it is because you have .35.
I have the 07/2020.35 as well and have had no issues to recode using BImmerCode but nevertheless the beta version supports the latest I-step level for bday module
My bad - I got updated to 07/2020.25 about 4 weeks ago but still no issues in coding everything again using BimmerCode beta on iOS with the OBDLink Mx+ adapter via Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 04:16 PM   #1478
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
I'm having a hard time understanding why all of you are using cables. That's the whole purpose of getting one of these. https://burgertuning.com/products/mh...-flash-adapter.
This is basically giving you the functionality of a wired Ethernet connection without the wires. The above adapter is compatible with iOS and Android.
I had a similar one but different brand.
I was told it's no longer supported for certain modules.

Then I wanted to code anti dazzling 5AP
Which isn't possible via BimmerCode.
So I went the wire route to be able to do that via Esys while having the capabilities to do any other app in the future without the compatibility concerns.
      09-07-2020, 10:52 PM   #1479
alphabot
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

(Apologies if bumping this thread is not the best place for this Q). I've attempted to code ADV on my G05 via Bimmercode expert mode using the instructions provided by LexxM3 earlier in the thread. All 4 of the codes required were available in Bimmercode.

When I coded the options, a "Driving Assistant Permanently Disabled. You may continue driving..." etc message appeared. I reverted to a backup (the message appeared again but went away) and Driving Assistant is still working fine.

I fired up ISTA+ and there was a fault for 'incorrect option' or similar (I thought I had a screenshot of this but apparently not!), which I cleared.

Vehicle is Oct 2018 build and has the S5AU option. Bimmercode reports that the i-Level is currently S18A-20-3-558 (18-7-540 at delivery).

Silly me didn't actually check ADV/drive assist functions when I first got the error -- so I can't confirm if ADV activated or not before reverting to backup.

Before another attempt, is this message expected as part of the ADV coding process? If not, ideas as to what triggered the error?

Thanks for any info!
PS: I'd love to code Automatic Speed Limit Assistant but if I've read the thread correctly this still can't be done even in Bimmercode expert mode?

PPS: has anyone here ever had a wheel swap and updated their VO to see if the on-screen image of their vehicle shows the correct wheels? I had mine swapped by the dealer at purchase and was just curious if the display is based on VO coding or hard-coded at build.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 01:06 AM   #1480
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
BimmerCode App just updated..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrafo View Post
(Apologies if bumping this thread is not the best place for this Q). I've attempted to code ADV on my G05 via Bimmercode expert mode using the instructions provided by LexxM3 earlier in the thread. All 4 of the codes required were available in Bimmercode.

When I coded the options, a "Driving Assistant Permanently Disabled. You may continue driving..." etc message appeared. I reverted to a backup (the message appeared again but went away) and Driving Assistant is still working fine.

I fired up ISTA+ and there was a fault for 'incorrect option' or similar (I thought I had a screenshot of this but apparently not!), which I cleared.

Vehicle is Oct 2018 build and has the S5AU option. Bimmercode reports that the i-Level is currently S18A-20-3-558 (18-7-540 at delivery).

Silly me didn't actually check ADV/drive assist functions when I first got the error -- so I can't confirm if ADV activated or not before reverting to backup.

Before another attempt, is this message expected as part of the ADV coding process? If not, ideas as to what triggered the error?

Thanks for any info!
PS: I'd love to code Automatic Speed Limit Assistant but if I've read the thread correctly this still can't be done even in Bimmercode expert mode?

PPS: has anyone here ever had a wheel swap and updated their VO to see if the on-screen image of their vehicle shows the correct wheels? I had mine swapped by the dealer at purchase and was just curious if the display is based on VO coding or hard-coded at build.
Some occasional user displayed errors do pop up on some coding and then clear after next power cycle, but I don't recall specifically if ADV coding had that behaviour, so not super helpful.

5AU should be the right option, but your car is one of the very first G05 builds, so almost anything was possible at that point.

Since you know you can "fix it" by a backup restore, it's probably worth a shot to try again with care and power cycle the car a couple of times to see if the displayed error is persistent.
      09-08-2020, 02:04 AM   #1481
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:

Thanks for any info!

You were premature in reverting the coding.

As lex said, lots of error messages occur during the coding process. ISTA records hundreds of non-persistent messages just in normal usage, even when coding is not used.

Personally I would clear all Errors in ISTA. Re-run the identification and test report and see which persistent errors remain if any. That's your baseline. If you have an option error at this point its not ADV coding related- maybe your steering wheel?
Next code ADV, shut the car down, restart and confirm the idrive error has gone.
Confirm ADV is working then rerun ISTA. Clear the error codes and re-run the ID and test process again. Compare with your baseline.

I'd wager the coding is doing nothing more than activating ADV, but there's always a first time.

aSLA cant be coded with BC
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 05:38 PM   #1482
alphabot
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
You were premature in reverting the coding.
This is the correct answer.

In case anyone else encounters the message and this thread via search:

I ensured that all faults were cleared in ISTA. I then drove for a while to ensure no new faults.

I coded ADV using BC expert mode and the "drive assistance permanently restricted" message appeared again, but this time I checked and ADV was now an option in Displays settings. I went for another drive and DA also worked fine.

There was a new fault on HU-H in ISTA related to the alertness monitor, but after clearing that and a few drives nothing else has appeared.

Quote:
aSLA cant be coded with BC
I haven't done any 'proper' coding since 2015 when upgrading a combox in an E70 and that experience is no longer of much value. I've got e-sys 3.33 but only the old version of launcher pro so I'll probably get esysx and endeavour to code aSLA, which seems far more useful than ADV. A few (dozen) hours of study are probably warranted before going down that path. :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 12:58 AM   #1483
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
I haven't done any 'proper' coding since 2015 when upgrading a combox in an E70 and that experience is no longer of much value. I've got e-sys 3.33 but only the old version of launcher pro so I'll probably get esysx and endeavour to code aSLA, which seems far more useful than ADV. A few (dozen) hours of study are probably warranted before going down that path. :-)
aSLA is ten times more useful than ADV and well worth refreshing your skills for
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 09:52 AM   #1484
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
aSLA is ten times more useful than ADV and well worth refreshing your skills for
exactly - never understood the hype around getting ADV or having it on all the time. When I have adaptive cruise on, my ADV turns on but I honestly never even pay attention to it. It's just a "oh that's kinda cool" type deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 11:18 AM   #1485
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
exactly - never understood the hype around getting ADV or having it on all the time. When I have adaptive cruise on, my ADV turns on but I honestly never even pay attention to it. It's just a "oh that's kinda cool" type deal.
I feel the same. I coded mine to have it but after testing it out I didn't see any value in it so turned it off.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 12:59 PM   #1486
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
I feel the same. I coded mine to have it but after testing it out I didn't see any value in it so turned it off.
It could be made much better, but this is a first try on an at-speed situational awareness feature, so I'll cut BMW some slack for a change. ADV needs to be available in the HUD and needs to indicate cars in blind spots much more clearly (it already indicates them, just poorly visible in the UI).

But yeah, as it stands it's just cute. I keep it on mostly to just fill the space in the dash. I won't hold my breath, but I really do hope that this is just the first try — as a first try, it's impressive, but if it doesn't evolve, it will just be another pathetic lost opportunity to make something actually great.
      09-11-2020, 04:13 AM   #1487
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Yesterday I was upgraded by the garage to 07/2020.45 and can confirm that after the upgrade I can no longer code the BDC module with Bimmercode. All others work fine. I use an Enet cable with lightning<>ethernet converter on my iPhone Xs. Previously that worked fine on 03/2020.xx
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 12:59 PM   #1488
AdrianG05
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xdrive45e

Hi I was playing with the BimmerCode and was trying to change the dashboard layout to M mode and decided to change it back to normal bmw mode. I found an issue with the Hybrid value in my journey data and it seems to reset by itself and it is starting from zero even though I choose the ex factory mode in the journey data. Please shed some light with this matter and I would like to get back my hybrid mileage in my journey data. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 02:26 PM   #1489
LORI_M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianG05 View Post
Hi I was playing with the BimmerCode and was trying to change the dashboard layout to M mode and decided to change it back to normal bmw mode. I found an issue with the Hybrid value in my journey data and it seems to reset by itself and it is starting from zero even though I choose the ex factory mode in the journey data. Please shed some light with this matter and I would like to get back my hybrid mileage in my journey data. Thanks
I came here to say the same thing. I used a veepeak obd II scan tool. Is there another adapter that I shld have used?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2020, 05:19 PM   #1490
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Does anyone know if the Fog Lights can be programmed to come on automatically when the lights come on?
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 04:05 AM   #1491
Baychattan
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 30d

Unlikely, as in many countries (including the UK) having fog lights on when it is not foggy is an offence.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 09:14 AM   #1492
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Any thought on when new version to control BDC will be avail ... last I heard the beta ver supported. but seems like new release is overdue. How can I obtain beta for bimmercode?
      09-30-2020, 11:07 AM   #1493
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
Any thought on when new version to control BDC will be avail ... last I heard the beta ver supported. but seems like new release is overdue. How can I obtain beta for bimmercode?
I would have thought it would have been released by now since a few beta versions have been released.

Put a support request in through the app and request to be a beta tester.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 02:15 AM   #1494
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDragu View Post
G20 Lane Change Assist-Done. Drive Assist View- Done. Remote Engine Start - Help - markad1 - 19-11-2019

BMW G20 320d xdrive. Build 11 2018. Driving Assist Pro package.

Big thank you to Simpaty who posted on other forums.

Lane Change Assist (select in idrive after coding)
SAS2
C_SWA_Vorhanden -> aktiv

HGU
Spurwechselassistent -> Aktiv

BDC (was the last available CAF under this ecu)
Spurwechselassistent -> Aktiv

Drive Assist View (select in idrive after coding)
DKOMBI
CB_FZG_UMGEBUNG_FAS -> Aktiv
PIA_FZG_UMGEBUNG_FAS -> Aktiv
SICHT_ABSICHT_ENABLE -> Aktiv

I found this on a g20 forum

Hi Alexdragu,
can you tell me which program you used to activate lane change assist on your g20?
I have a g21 and I would active the same (I have drive assistance plus but in Italy the lane change assist is disabled)

Is it possibile with BimmerCode app on iOS? (Maybe with expert mode)

Thanks a lot
Francesco
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 01:55 AM   #1495
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Bimmercode for iOS was just updated a few hours ago to 4.0 (11767) on the App Store. Everyone who's had trouble with 07/2020.xx and Bimmercode functionality (eg BDC not supported) should give it a shot.
Attached Images

Helius16.50
      11-16-2020, 05:29 PM   #1496
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Has anyone checked to see if the IOS version moved the multiple ambient light color selection to the EASY side?

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0