BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Yesterday, 01:58 PM   #1
slider9182
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Production timelines?

I just ordered a Ď21 X5 xdrive 40i w/m sport on Nov 30th. I called BMW and they said production is scheduled for week of Dec 27th. Any feedback on timeframe from once in production? My dealer is east coast, PA. The woman said 4-6 weeks from then, which seemed long to me.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #2
Spencer518
Private First Class
Spencer518's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 2021 X5 45e
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

These were my dates. Once production actually started, the car was at my dealer in NY in a week.

Scheduled for production 10/1
Production Begins 10/21
Exterior Body Assembly Begins 10/31
In the Paint Booth 10/31
Entering Assembly Line 10/31
Assembly in Progress 11/2
Quality Check 11/2
Final Assembly 11/2
Awaiting Carrier Assignment 11/2
Dispatched from the Factory 11/3
Arrived at the dealer 11/6
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:29 PM   #3
slider9182
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for sharing your timeline. So basically 2.5 weeks from when it states in production...because it took about 10 days to actually start when it said starting.

So looks like mid-January if everything holds true.

I never intended on ordering and had my current lease being transferred so Iíll be a one car family for a few weeks 🤦*♂️



Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer518 View Post
These were my dates. Once production actually started, the car was at my dealer in NY in a week.

Scheduled for production 10/1
Production Begins 10/21
Exterior Body Assembly Begins 10/31
In the Paint Booth 10/31
Entering Assembly Line 10/31
Assembly in Progress 11/2
Quality Check 11/2
Final Assembly 11/2
Awaiting Carrier Assignment 11/2
Dispatched from the Factory 11/3
Arrived at the dealer 11/6
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:18 PM   #4
Brianvm85
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: BMW 540XI
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: AL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider9182 View Post
I just ordered a ‘21 X5 xdrive 40i w/m sport on Nov 30th. I called BMW and they said production is scheduled for week of Dec 27th. Any feedback on timeframe from once in production? My dealer is east coast, PA. The woman said 4-6 weeks from then, which seemed long to me.

Thanks
Is your order individual merino leather or vernasca? That's a big determining factor
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:32 PM   #5
slider9182
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Vernasca...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianvm85 View Post
Is your order individual merino leather or vernasca? That's a big determining factor
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:35 PM   #6
Brianvm85
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: BMW 540XI
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: AL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider9182 View Post
Vernasca...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianvm85 View Post
Is your order individual merino leather or vernasca? That's a big determining factor
You're good then. My order (no bmw individual options) submitted 14 nov. been in awaiting carrier assignment since Wednesday. Supposed to be delivered to dealership tomorrow but I'll believe it when I see it. Most likely Monday. Regardless, pretty quick turn around
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #7
slider9182
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Wow. That is fast. Ultimately it is what it is. Fingers crossed that things move quickly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianvm85 View Post
You're good then. My order (no bmw individual options) submitted 14 nov. been in awaiting carrier assignment since Wednesday. Supposed to be delivered to dealership tomorrow but I'll believe it when I see it. Most likely Monday. Regardless, pretty quick turn around
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:08 PM   #8
sand99
Second Lieutenant
90
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: F15 X5/F80 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ATX

iTrader: (0)

For custom ordered cars, they are moving ahead of schedule right now. Check out the recent order threads, seems like they are running a week to two weeks ahead of schedule right now as long as your dealer put your name on your order. Mine was marked as dealer inventory (because I was waiting for the drive event in November) so it didn't start ahead of schedule, but as soon as I had my dealer put my name on the order, it went into production the next day.

I wouldn't be surprised if yours was built before Christmas and you had it by the end of the year since you're on the east coast!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #9
Auricom
Colonel
Auricom's Avatar
United_States
1690
Rep
2,253
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider9182 View Post
I just ordered a '21 X5 xdrive 40i w/m sport on Nov 30th. I called BMW and they said production is scheduled for week of Dec 27th. Any feedback on timeframe from once in production? My dealer is east coast, PA. The woman said 4-6 weeks from then, which seemed long to me.

Thanks
4 to 6 weeks is the general production time frame that most dealers will articulate. Reminder that Plant Spartanburg is the sole plant that builds X5/X6 for all international markets, not only USA.

Pre-COVID, owners waited significantly longer, 8-12+ weeks (waited 12 weeks for mine due to PCD delivery) - sometimes months or a year for delivery - particularly our EU members. Once it starts production it doesn't take more than a day/day and half to complete.
__________________
Current BMWs - '20 X5 xDrive40i M Sport, '20 BMW M550i | Past BMWs - '03 E39 540iT M Sport, '06 E53 4.8is, '11 E70 M Sport LCI

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST