BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-25-2020, 04:30 AM   #89
denis_auckland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 GO5

hi Carneylad, I bought an M50d in New Zealand in May 2020 and I have a noise issue on mine and wanted to see if you had the same on yours. hi Kripad, did you buy the 30d or the 50d?
There's a noise (my kids call it Darth Vader, it's a low noise feeling like it's an empty tank) at around 1.700/2.000 RPM at low speed under a little bit of load around 30/45 kph, when you re-accelerate that really bothers me. I went back to the dealer in Auckland (now have been back 3 times because it's getting worse) and they initially thought it was not a good noise but then we tested the 3 other M50d they had and they were all doing the same noise. So now they think it's a "characteristic" noise for all the M50d...which I seriously doubt but maybe...?
Apparently it's linked to the butterfly flap in the exhaust that controls maybe the NOx emissions...
it's just not a nice tin sound in what is otherwise a great machine. Do you have anything similar on yours?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 06:39 PM   #90
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post

Sounds great. How does it sound compared to stock in comfort mode and sport/sport+. I would love for it to sound like this on start-up and in sport mode, but to be close to stock in comfort mode.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 04:25 AM   #91
Seansta
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

When I was buying my X5 I was trying to also work out how loud the M Sports exhaust is.

I can unequivocally say that the M Sports Exhaust sounds amazing. It only opens up the exhaust note while in sports mode. When you in comfort and you accelerate it’s tame. Put it in Sports mode and you will hear a nice growl and you know the exhaust is meatier.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 09:08 PM   #92
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seansta View Post
When I was buying my X5 I was trying to also work out how loud the M Sports exhaust is.

I can unequivocally say that the M Sports Exhaust sounds amazing. It only opens up the exhaust note while in sports mode. When you in comfort and you accelerate it’s tame. Put it in Sports mode and you will hear a nice growl and you know the exhaust is meatier.
I'm curious, when your order an X5 MSport, does it come with the M Sport Exhaust or is it extra? I couldn't really tell in the MY 22 build options.

Thanks!
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 04:31 PM   #93
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seansta View Post

I can unequivocally say that the M Sports Exhaust sounds amazing. It only opens up the exhaust note while in sports mode. When you in comfort and you accelerate it's tame. Put it in Sports mode and you will hear a nice growl and you know the exhaust is meatier.
I'm curious, when your order an X5 MSport, does it come with the M Sport Exhaust or is it extra? I couldn't really tell in the MY 22 build options.

Thanks!
I heard back from my sales rep in Germany. In the MY22 ordering guide I am told the MSport Exhaust is displayed for the "Dark Knight" edition. I'm assuming this is the performance exhaust? I'd hope the "M Sport exhaust" would come with the M Sport Package.

Not a deal breaker either way. It can always be changed down the road if it's not.
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 02:58 AM   #94
Seansta
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post

Thanks!
To get the M sports exhaust, (IN AUSTRALIA, not sure about other regions), you need to option the

"X5 Enhancement Package adds:

22-inch alloy wheels
M Sport exhaust"

its roughly about $4000 AUD

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...rice-and-specs
Appreciate 0