BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #133
THinthedesert
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

My car initially had 7/2019/50 as I recall. Early last week it notified me it wanted to load an OTA update so I accepted, and it did 10-15% at a time as it would only load when the car was running, so I let it do some each time I was out driving it. It finally got it all loaded and probably took 2 hours all together. Then it wanted to install it which had specific instructions, the car had to be stopped, not running, and the parking brake had to be set, all of which I did, it said it installed it correctly, the car started back up and worked fine, the first two times I drove it.

I then recoded (using Bimmercode) the ASS back to default as last used, the lane change TS to 5 flashes, to eliminate the initial warning at start up on the screen as well as being able to use the key fob to be able to close the tailgate, all of which worked. I drove the car again, and began noticing warnings coming up such as ‘chassis stabilization warning’ -- ‘restraint system malfunction’ -- ‘4 wheel drive systems malfunction’ – ‘rear axle differential lock warning’ and ’reduced driver assist warning’, the steering became very heavy, like never before, the remote start via the fob or Connected app stopped working. Instructions came on the screen to take it in to service ASAP, but that it’s still drivable which I did, this was on Thursday 8/6.

The dealer got it in quickly, inspected it (they never said anything about me recoding anything) said it apparently didn’t properly get the update downloaded and/or installed and decided to load the iDrive 7/2020/30 the old fashioned way which is obviously a far better way to do it, and so far everything’s working fine.

I haven’t yet recoded anything as I’m waiting to make sure the latest update is working correctly.
Appreciate 0