Originally Posted by chriscross View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaGagro View Post
Quote:
Quote:
In which country did you order?
I ordered it at BMW Wien in Austria (diplomatic/military sales).
Oh.Idk then myb its differetn in germany.When did you order yours i ordered mine X6 M50d with M seats too.I ordered in late November and i dont have VIN for tracking.
I ordered it mid October and managed to get a December production date. VIN was assigned sometime mid December, delivery end of January.

I was told that I was lucky and a guy that ordered just a week after me has to wait till May for his car (M Sport 30d)...he apparently has some Individual equipment so count a month or so for that alone.
I dont have anything invidual and production for me i think was in december
I'm sure it also depends on quotas the dealers get. If you had a December production date your sales rep should be able to see where the car is and have the VIN already for a while. I picked up my car on Friday, so yours would have to be real close...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 08:57 AM   #24
SaunaBoi
Private
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 G06

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In which country did you order?
I ordered it at BMW Wien in Austria (diplomatic/military sales).
Oh.Idk then myb its differetn in germany.When did you order yours i ordered mine X6 M50d with M seats too.I ordered in late November and i dont have VIN for tracking.
I ordered it mid October and managed to get a December production date. VIN was assigned sometime mid December, delivery end of January.

I was told that I was lucky and a guy that ordered just a week after me has to wait till May for his car (M Sport 30d)...he apparently has some Individual equipment so count a month or so for that alone.
I dont have anything invidual and production for me i think was in december
I'm sure it also depends on quotas the dealers get. If you had a December production date your sales rep should be able to see where the car is and have the VIN already for a while. I picked up my car on Friday, so yours would have to be real close...
And ordered throught a company which ordered a lot of bme before
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #25
Atchoom
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Thanks for the pics and the precision for the leather. Good that they reinforced it in my opinion...

But they look massive... Aren’t they a bit too wide on the upper part ? .. I could use other pics with different angles if you have a minute or two for that
That makes me hesitate... The car will go into production soon, I may have a chance for last mods ...
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 06:04 PM   #26
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Apart from the head rest that doesn't bend but just looks pretty, I think all other adjustment options are there with the M Multifuncion seats.

Here's a photo of the controls:
Cool...you're right...it looks like the upper seat back does articulate...the only difference is the manually adjustable headrest "wings". Thanks for posting this info...I'll have to add it to my "mental Rolodex".
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 11:43 PM   #27
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2024, Mustang MACH 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchoom View Post
Thanks for the pics and the precision for the leather. Good that they reinforced it in my opinion...

But they look massive... Aren't they a bit too wide on the upper part ? .. I could use other pics with different angles if you have a minute or two for that
That makes me hesitate... The car will go into production soon, I may have a chance for last mods ...
Thanks.
The seats are super comfy, I wouldn't change a thing about them. Not too wide at all, and the lower side walls can be adjusted to hug you like a teddy bear

Plus, I realized I turn the massage on even on the shortest of trips!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Cooltones241.00
1230vani637.00
      02-03-2020, 05:09 AM   #28
Atchoom
Private
Rep

Thanks you so much. I love the « teddy bear » function
I’von’t have massage, but that’s ok.. I wouldn’t want to get asleep while driving if it is too comfy...
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 07:37 AM   #29
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Does anyone know if these M seats in the original post are the ones just added to the X5 configurator in the UK?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 07:44 AM   #30
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Dav View Post
Does anyone know if these M seats in the original post are the ones just added to the X5 configurator in the UK?
Yup, they look the same to me. I also had to take black extended merino with it. Loving the seats btw!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 07:50 AM   #31
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup, they look the same to me. I also had to take black extended merino with it. Loving the seats btw!
Thanks for the reply. That's interesting, the dealer never mentioned any potential compulsory leather upgrade to me. I believe my M seats will be in standard black leather so I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I see the logo is grey metal rather than the light up M version. How do you find this looks/fits in? Also are these seats M even comfortable lol?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 08:03 AM   #32
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. That's interesting, the dealer never mentioned any potential compulsory leather upgrade to me. I believe my M seats will be in standard black leather so I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I see the logo is grey metal rather than the light up M version. How do you find this looks/fits in? Also are these seats M even comfortable lol?
When you click on more info in the configurator and read the details, it's explained what is mandatory to take with them and what not.

The M logo is actually all black but due to the smooth plastic surface it reflects the light in a weird way on the photos maybe. In person they are fully black and fit the seats nicely.

I have sat in an X5 G05 with the comfort seats that have the same functionality as the M multi-function seats plus the folding headrest. I felt much better sitting in mine, they feel as if they are made just for you and the additional shoulder support makes a ton of difference, especially when driving. They are also comfortable and not hard at all, even though they look kinda sporty.

No regrets taking the seats from my side at all!
Appreciate 1
1230vani637.00
      02-28-2020, 08:25 AM   #33
The Kid Dav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
When you click on more info in the configurator and read the details, it's explained what is mandatory to take with them and what not.

The M logo is actually all black but due to the smooth plastic surface it reflects the light in a weird way on the photos maybe. In person they are fully black and fit the seats nicely.

I have sat in an X5 G05 with the comfort seats that have the same functionality as the M multi-function seats plus the folding headrest. I felt much better sitting in mine, they feel as if they are made just for you and the additional shoulder support makes a ton of difference, especially when driving. They are also comfortable and not hard at all, even though they look kinda sporty.

No regrets taking the seats from my side at all!
Nice. I felt it was the right decision and you've settled my remaining doubts about comfort.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 09:13 AM   #34
BMW-ALPINA
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50, F11 M550d, E70 X5

Garage List
2009 730dA  [0.00]
Are the backrest cover (on the rear of the seat) covered in leather or plastic?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #35
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

My beast is in status 165 from 10.02.2020..so in next 2-3 weeks will hit EU dealership...more photos to come with M multifuncional seats.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 01:55 PM   #36
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-ALPINA View Post
Are the backrest cover (on the rear of the seat) covered in leather or plastic?
Plastic.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 02:08 AM   #37
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Quote:
Apart from the head rest that doesn't bend but just looks pretty, I think all other adjustment options are there with the M Multifuncion seats.

Here's a photo of the controls:
Cool...you're right...it looks like the upper seat back does articulate...the only difference is the manually adjustable headrest "wings". Thanks for posting this info...I'll have to add it to my "mental Rolodex".
The upper back of the seat does articulate like in the comfort seat. I just tried it yesterday however the headrest is not as comfortable. Seat has massage and ventilation. It is comfortable, but IMO not as comfortable for the butt (dont know how else to say it). Massage (imo) is cool but not for me, ventilation (again imo ) does not do much but i like the perforated look. They are far more comfortable than I expected them to be and look great.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 02:31 AM   #38
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

But they look massive... Aren’t they a bit too wide on the upper part ? .. I could use other pics with different angles if you have a minute or two for that
Thanks.
I agree. I nearly spec’d these on my M50i but decided against it because I wanted Ivory. I’ve had M cars for a decade and love the current F series seats in my M4 CP but can’t help but feel the current gen are getting a bit big and bloated. They work in the X and M5 ranges but the pics I’ve seen for the G series M4 look too heavy (although they will have a carbon fibre option)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 03:12 AM   #39
Atchoom
Private
Rep

Well, I've let them in the config... That leaves a little bit of unknown/uncharted area when I receive the car ! Which is getting closer now... Maybe this month ! Mine will be standard Vernasca ... no stitching, no color... They should stand out less. I'll make pics, hopefully soon...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 03:44 PM   #40
jole996
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

Quote:
Well, I've let them in the config... That leaves a little bit of unknown/uncharted area when I receive the car ! Which is getting closer now... Maybe this month ! Mine will be standard Vernasca ... no stitching, no color... They should stand out less. I'll make pics, hopefully soon...
Me too, 4MA all black, hopefully next week!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 04:28 PM   #41
Atchoom
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jole996 View Post
Me too, 4MA all black, hopefully next week!
Great !! So you will have the priority on the pictures
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 07:00 AM   #42
rbnplh
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

M Multifunctional seats out of X5
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
boneca1989.00
      05-08-2020, 07:49 AM   #43
doctorttt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G06

Saw the floor liner. Did the dealer give it to you free given the amount you paid for the x6m?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 09:58 AM   #44
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbnplh View Post
M Multifunctional seats out of X5
love it!

too bad these are not available in US just yet.
Appreciate 0