02-28-2020, 03:20 AM   #1
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

Some issues with a new X5

Hi all

Just wanted to make this post to see if anyone has had similar issues / solutions for these 2 problems.

1. Ambient lighting and steering wheel position seem to reset even though I am logged into my profile and use the same key. Seems to be an issue saving to the profile? The seat memory is fine but that may be because it's not part of the Idrive software.

2. This ones the more annoying one. Creaking / squeaking on driver side door (Australia, right side). Seems to go away if I crack the window down a little bit. So I think it definitely has something to do with either the window seals, door rubber. The first week it was fine, the second week it started. Only thing I did differently was get the exterior windows ceramic pro coated.

Edit:
Found the creaking. B Pillar plastic trim. Not sure what I can do to fix this so i'll probably have to get the dealership to tape it down or add something underneath the trim to stop it from shifting positions on bumps. If anyone has had this before let me know how they fixed it =)

Any ideas guys? Thanks

Last edited by MrMoo; 02-29-2020 at 12:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 04:34 AM   #2
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Congrats on the new ride! For the first one, the only thing I’ve had remotely similar is when my profile was saved and I thought logged in, but it was the guest profile. I logged out and logged back in a few times and it worked. Worst case, remove your profile from the vehicle and restart from scratch. The dealership will probably do that, so if it fixes it, might save ya a trip. For the second one...welcome to BMW...the various trim pieces in the vehicle seem to rattle and creak. Do you have the acoustic glass? I wonder if it might be coming from the plastic near the lock and window controls? You’ll have to play detective and really pinpoint it. I had a creak I thought was coming from the dash, ended up being the stupid little door tray near the cup holders. I have to keep the door closed to stop it.
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2020, 06:16 AM   #3
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d MSport+

I have an F15 and had the door cards changed due to a squeaking from the arm rest. I wish I hadn't bothered because after a year it's doing it again and I was without my car for a week whilst they faffed about.
      02-28-2020, 07:01 AM   #4
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoo View Post
Hi all

Just wanted to make this post to see if anyone has had similar issues / solutions for these 2 problems.

1. Ambient lighting and steering wheel position seem to reset even though I am logged into my profile and use the same key. Seems to be an issue saving to the profile? The seat memory is fine but that may be because it's not part of the Idrive software.

Any ideas guys? Thanks
What software version are you on?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 09:01 PM   #5
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
What software version are you on?
Just the July 2019 version. I don't think Australia has the November one yet?

In regards to the rattle. Another thing I realised was I did close the sunroof shade. So i've opened that again lol. I am hoping that is the issue because if it's something to do with the seals and the windows it's going to be a nightmare figuring it out.
Appreciate 0