BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-05-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
ireenawagner
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW E Series

Xbox 360 Games

1. Fallout 3:
This effort by Bethesda has silenced all but the game's most die-hard critics. Everything about Fallout 3, from the amazingly designed world to the haunting score to the slow-motion head explosions of the VATS system is top-notch. Fallout 3 is less a game to be played or a problem to be solved than an entire universe to be explored. This is THE must-have amongst all Xbox 360 games.

2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare:
This game saw the return of developer Infinity Ward, which brought with it a new level of realism and storytelling for first-person shooters. A departure from past Xbox 360 games in the series, which dealt with World War II, Call of Duty 4 takes a more contemporary approach using modern weaponry and current global crises. It also introduced perks, gameplay-enhancing bonuses that could be earned through online play.

3. BioShock :
In terms of story and art direction, BioShock hits a high-water mark for Xbox 360 games, that has yet to be equaled. While ostensibly a first-person shooter (the game offers incredible freedom when it comes to offering players creative ways to cause mayhem), it was really the extraordinary art direction and well-written dialogue that were the stars of the show.

4. Mass Effect:
There are very few developers of Xbox 360 games that can compare to BioWare in the RPG space, and Mass Effect is a good example of why. It's a sweeping tale filled with excitement, action and fascinating alien races to learn about and interact with.

5. Grand Theft Auto IV :
Few Xbox 360 games have effectively shut down the office during business hours, and GTA4 is one of them. Rockstar North's sequel is a beautiful depiction of the Big Apple, and the difference between GTA4 and its predecessors is vast.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 328i

And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!
- Neal Page
      09-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

most likely to be a spam.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile