05-31-2021, 07:02 AM   #67
FastMarkA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Kama'aina View Post
Aloha - me again.

I found out a few days ago purely by accident that due to the current COVID-related semiconductor chip shortage that BMW swapped out my HK sound system with their "upgraded" - from base system - 676 "HI-FI" sound system...I've read very negative feedback on this and other forums about the 676 system and am a little upset with BMW for them not notifying my dealer or me about the swap out....but unless I wanted to wait for the HK system to become available, I guess there wasn't much choice in the matter. Other bummer is that the speaker config of the 676 sound system offers 2 less speakers, but again...not much I can do about it now. So, with that said, I'm looking for recommendations from the wise people on this forum in terms of the best upgrade options available. I've already reached out to Bimmer Tech and I can order their Alpha One speakers ($1,200 for all speakers except the 2x rear tweeters). They are very helpful and I would recommend them to anyone with a similar need. However, they don't yet have an Amp that is compatible .... they are saying they may have an Amp that will work with the new 45e in a few months. Was wondering if anyone has other options for swapping out the BMW Hi-FI Sound System in a 45e with a far better system? Thank you for your assistance!
Do a search here, and especially the Audio sub-forum for G05s.

But basically there is no plug 'n play amp option, yet, for the Hi-fi system. (I would imagine the HK elimination will speed that development process up for the third-parties.)

Folks have said good things about the Bavsound speaker upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 12:22 PM   #68
BMW_Kama'aina
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i and X5 45e

Garage List
Sound Upgrade Recommendations for 2021 G05 45e?

Thanks for your input on my G05 HI-FI Sound System upgrade question(s). I'll continue to search here and elsewhere. Given that I haven't even received the vehicle yet, I would far prefer to use a PNP upgrade solution vs. having someone tear into the interior only to risk warranty issues and potentially bypassing important systems, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 03:19 PM   #69
FastMarkA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Thanks for your input on my G05 HI-FI Sound System upgrade question(s). I'll continue to search here and elsewhere. Given that I haven't even received the vehicle yet, I would far prefer to use a PNP upgrade solution vs. having someone tear into the interior only to risk warranty issues and potentially bypassing important systems, etc.
I was in the same situation; the HK fell off my order, and I didn't want to rewire/tear apart the car to have decent sound.

If I were still taking delivery of the car I ordered (I found one with HK on a lot), I would have likely waited for a PNP amplifier solution; that, to me, is the biggest problem with the Hifi audio. If nothing reasonable came along, I'd probably do the Bavsound speakers (which do plug in, but it would be a tedious day-long project and one with which you'd want to be extra cautious due to the need to remove interior trim and door panels).
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 10:50 AM   #70
Wardman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5d

Quote:
I used BAV Audio. Plug and play once you get the dash and such apart. Sounds great!!! They have a dealer system too, and they will install. They are pros at removing the dash and such. No issues on mine
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 08:08 PM   #71
coder77
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Finally at the dealership, picking the car!
Appreciate 1