BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-08-2021, 11:12 PM   #23
cggizmo
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by munich5 View Post
Mine flipped to ‘In transit’ today! We’ll see how long it takes to get to the dealer... (Oxnard —> So Cal Dealer)
My 45e flipped to 'in transit' today(6/8) as well. BMW Genius said first stop is KC on 6/13 and San Bernardino prep center on 6/17. Should be off to the dealer in So Cal on 6/21. It sat in the factory parking lot for a week as production was finished on 6/1. Hopefully no more delays....
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 12:45 AM   #24
munich5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i (12+ past BMW's)

When it says ‘at port’- what does that actually mean now that these cars don’t go to the Oxnard VPC? I was under the assumption that “in transit” meant on the truck to the dealer . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cggizmo View Post
My 45e flipped to 'in transit' today(6/8) as well. BMW Genius said first stop is KC on 6/13 and San Bernardino prep center on 6/17. Should be off to the dealer in So Cal on 6/21. It sat in the factory parking lot for a week as production was finished on 6/1. Hopefully no more delays....
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 06:45 AM   #25
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by munich5 View Post
When it says ‘at port’- what does that actually mean now that these cars don’t go to the Oxnard VPC? I was under the assumption that “in transit” meant on the truck to the dealer . .
Railyard in case of a train.
      06-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #26
ryan202177
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i, 2021 X5

Quote:
Mine just flipped to "in transit" today! BMW Genius said it would arrive in KC on 6/10 and the next stop would be Richmond, CA on the 21st. Then they said call back to get a better idea when it will reach the dealership in Roseville, CA. During a prior call to Genius, they said it should be at the dealership on the 25th. Fingers crossed it gets here sooner!!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 02:39 PM   #27
MarcosLepre
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Garage List
I was curious about this, mine has been on "production begins" status for almost 2 weeks with no movement. I called genius and it said the planned completion date was 6/12. I hoping to pick it up at a Richmond dealers the 25th, do you thinks that's possible?

It's out of state and was hoping do the pick up as part of my vacation trip.
      06-10-2021, 04:43 PM   #28
Dive4air
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 ///M Sport, ///M4

my status is not updating but agent on phone said to me production will complete tomorrow. Anyone having that issue? I sent them an email to ask for explanation. I am going nuts checking every day with excitement and anticipation. Plus depending on dates, i may chose PCD vs dealer delivery, but i need to know when.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 05:05 PM   #29
Wait What?
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive 45e

My New 2021 BMW X5 is on its way

That's kind of normal: it stays in production begins for about a couple of weeks while they obtain the parts and do body workshop and paint shop and then they assemble everything on your completion date. There's several threads on this and a few excellent posts from TurtleBoy on the subject.

My 45e went on production begins on 5/27 and was completed today (one day early) - it is currently in QC.

I understand that time in QC and then in transit varies, but if all goes smoothly and yours gets completed on 6/12, it should be possible for it to make it to Richmond in a couple of weeks, I think. BMW Genius should be able to give you an ETA after production is complete anyway.
Appreciate 2
45e21153.00
      06-10-2021, 06:44 PM   #30
MarcosLepre
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wait What? View Post
That's kind of normal: it stays in production begins for about a couple of weeks while they obtain the parts and do body workshop and paint shop and then they assemble everything on your completion date. There's several threads on this and a few excellent posts from TurtleBoy on the subject.

My 45e went on production begins on 5/27 and was completed today (one day early) - it is currently in QC.

I understand that time in QC and then in transit varies, but if all goes smoothly and yours gets completed on 6/12, it should be possible for it to make it to Richmond in a couple of weeks, I think. BMW Genius should be able to give you an ETA after production is complete anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wait What? View Post

Thanks, I hope. Called again and it update to production completion scheduled for tomorrow, one day earlier but still no update from the tracker.
      06-10-2021, 07:13 PM   #31
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosLepre View Post
Thanks, I hope. Called again and it update to production completion scheduled for tomorrow, one day earlier but still no update from the tracker.
You generally won't see any movement in the status until the day it is scheduled to be completed. Production begins only means that a VIN has been assigned and the parts are ordered/allocated. It takes less than a day, probably more like a half day, to actually assemble it. You should see it go through the steps fairly quickly, even skipping steps, on the production day.
      06-10-2021, 07:41 PM   #32
Wait What?
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosLepre View Post
That's great news! The same thing happened to me and they stuck to the earlier completion date. Don't worry about the tracker because the information from the Genius hotline is more updated/reliable. Just call them: I've been calling them daily myself (just slightly obsessive, I know…) and they sure made up for the radio silence from my CA…
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2021, 01:45 PM   #33
cggizmo
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

I just got an update on my X5 45e with BMW Genius this week:
Arrived KC 6/13, in transit from KC to San Bernardino VPC by 6/21 and off to dealer in SoCal (~6/24??). It's about a 5 day delay at this point from the previous estimate timeline.

Does anyone know how to obtain the Bill of Lading number? Neither BMW Genius nor the dealer could provide that.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 03:59 PM   #34
Dive4air
United_States
Rep

Mine finally updated all the status steps on 6/11 which is the day BMW Genius told me it will be production complete. So I went for 2 weeks in production queue and then 1 day to update multiple status steps. Then on 6/12, it went to "awaiting carrier assignment" and has been in that status since. My understanding is that this status can take up to a week. Then, since I am in chicago, it could be another up to 7 days to the dealer. I am hoping to get it by 6/30 and that should be possible. BMW Genius doesn't have update now but she said that is likely as target date. I hope she's right because I am anxiously waiting.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 05:29 PM   #35
munich5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i (12+ past BMW's)

Quote:
I just got an update on my X5 45e with BMW Genius this week:
Arrived KC 6/13, in transit from KC to San Bernardino VPC by 6/21 and off to dealer in SoCal (~6/24??). It's about a 5 day delay at this point from the previous estimate timeline.

Does anyone know how to obtain the Bill of Lading number? Neither BMW Genius nor the dealer could provide that.
Interesting... Mine arrived San Bernardino VPC (“port”) today ( was supposed to arrive yesterday). Website flipped status from ‘in transit’ to ‘at port’. I need to call Genius again for an update but wanted to give it some time so they’ll have an accurate dealer ETA.

Which dealer is yours headed to? I see you are in OC...! Mine is Sterling.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 08:27 PM   #36
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
IF your dealer knows what he's doing, all he has to do is track the car and the Bill of Lading # along with train info is all right on the screen.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 09:34 AM   #37
Dive4air
United_States
Rep

Status has been "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" forever...like since 6/12. I called and they said dealer delivery 6/19. I was excited. Then I called today because status still not moved and they said now it's 6/23. That is a big difference. I wonder what's going on. I am in Chicago so not that far or difficult, it's a 13 hour drive or so.
Appreciate 0