BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-19-2021, 09:24 PM   #23
Hairofthedog
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i, 2021 BMW X5 45e

Hi, we ordered a 45e on 3/27 and it was at the dealers on 5/12 and we picked it up on 5/15. We are in Northern NJ. Luckily we made the cutoff and got both the HK and M Sports options delivered. Extremely happy with the build quality so far. Online tracking was not all that informative. Car would sit for several weeks at the beginning and end stages stages. Actual build doesn’t take long so didn’t see any of the intermediate steps. We waited until the dealer called us, this gave us time to cleanup the trade in...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 09:36 PM   #24
coder77
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairofthedog View Post
Hi, we ordered a 45e on 3/27 and it was at the dealers on 5/12 and we picked it up on 5/15. We are in Northern NJ. Luckily we made the cutoff and got both the HK and M Sports options delivered. Extremely happy with the build quality so far. Online tracking was not all that informative. Car would sit for several weeks at the beginning and end stages stages. Actual build doesn’t take long so didn’t see any of the intermediate steps. We waited until the dealer called us, this gave us time to cleanup the trade in...
Is there an actual M sport package shortage? I ordered it just fine. HK was not the case.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 09:40 PM   #25
JCaliX6
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M550ix

They all say

Quote:
Originally Posted by coder77 View Post
Hello,

After contacting several SoCal dealers, finally placed an order for an x45e.

Here is the build: https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...1jdzyh/summary

MSRP: $76,695
Discount: $6900 (about 9% off of MSRP)
Selling price: $69,765

Will get at the time of sale:
$1,500 CA clean fuel reward
$2,500 BMWFS APR credit. 0.9% financing

Tax time:
$7,500 Federal Tax Credit

Including CA taxes (9.5%), license and registration, out the door price is $73,329.35. If you include the federal tax credit, total goes down to $65,829.35.

Dealers are playing hard balls and I could not reach the 10-11% off MSRP as people post from previous deals. My dealer specifically told me that they cannot duplicate this deal. So please do not ask for the contact information.

I am overall very happy about the deal considering the current situation with chip supply issues. Unfortunately I won't have the Harman Kardon upgrade. They will try to put it in the order but it will very likely to be rejected.

I hope to get a production number soon.

Thanks to everyone in this site for all the valuable information.
Dude they all say they can't "duplicate" a deal. That's what they told the guy who bought just before you!
      05-19-2021, 09:47 PM   #26
Hairofthedog
United_States
Rep

Hi coder77, I thought I read about M sport package issues but I could be mistaken... I’m definitely not up to speed on all the ongoing issues. Glad to hear that you were able to order it, it looks awesome on the X5. We have the same package on our 2018 340 and they look great together in the driveway.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 09:52 PM   #27
coder77
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Hi coder77, I thought I read about M sport package issues but I could be mistaken... I’m definitely not up to speed on all the ongoing issues. Glad to hear that you were able to order it, it looks awesome on the X5. We have the same package on our 2018 340 and they look great together in the driveway.
I have a similar situation. I cancelled my Model 3 order and got an M340i last friday. I am sure they will go well together!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 09:54 PM   #28
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Is there an actual M sport package shortage? I ordered it just fine. HK was not the case.
it's ongoing... M Sport unavailability was first reported almost 3 weeks ago. when you ordered your 45e, there were still enough components in supply to fulfill your order. at one point, it was subsequently removed from the build configurator for all variants except the M50i, which could be different now...

Quote:
Hi coder77, I thought I read about M sport package issues but I could be mistaken...
No more M Sport Package for MY21 https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1821966
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 09:58 PM   #29
coder77
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
it's ongoing... M Sport unavailability was first reported almost 3 weeks ago. it was subsequently removed from the build configurator for all variants except the M50i.

No more M Sport Package for MY21 https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1821966
I still see it in BMW US website for x45e.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 10:04 PM   #30
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
that could mean one of two things:
1) there's enough components to accept the option for builds.
2) the site isn't up to date to reflect real-time supply shortages. there have been reports of callbacks from CAs calling the customer after the order was placed that M Sport was removed from the build.

my earlier reply to you was to point out there is indeed an M Sport package shortage of which you weren't aware. just because you were able to get it, doesn't mean the shortage doesn't exist. some folks have not been as lucky...

BTW congrats on the 45e! I absolutely love mine! It's been stress-free during our region's gasoline shortage, though I have no excuse to miss work LOL!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 10:11 PM   #31
Hairofthedog
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a similar situation. I cancelled my Model 3 order and got an M340i last friday. I am sure they will go well together!
Great choice, we absolutely love our 340i with the str 6 twin-scroll turbo. We ordered it with the manual 6 speed and it is by far the best and most fun to drive car we have ever owned... it just begs for a speeding ticket. You’ll have even more HP so get your Lawyer on speed dial. Sorry I digest from the topic at hand.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 10:14 PM   #32
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
The restrictions were to be effective starting with June builds but a week or so later they changed the status to be limited availability. As far as I know, we haven't heard of anyone losing the package.
      05-19-2021, 10:34 PM   #33
Hairofthedog
United_States
Rep

Quote:
2) the site isn't up to date to reflect real-time supply shortages. there have been reports of callbacks from CAs calling the customer after the order was placed that M Sport was removed from the build.

my earlier reply to you was to point out there is indeed an M Sport package shortage of which you weren't aware. just because you were able to get it, doesn't mean the shortage doesn't exist. some folks have not been as lucky...

BTW congrats on the 45e! I absolutely love mine! It's been stress-free during our region's gasoline shortage, though I have no excuse to miss work LOL!
Here’s some Black Carbon eye candy at the 12mi mark. Off to ceramic next week.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
nZtiZia4592.50
coder7716.00
      05-20-2021, 06:29 AM   #34
FastMarkA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e M-Sport

I've been ordering BMWs since 2008, and the one constant is that the online tracker has been incredibly inaccurate.

I don't think it's that BMW has failed in mapping out the process, but the labeling of some of the stages is misleading, and that makes it feel inaccurate/unreliable.

For example, Production Begins really should be something like "Sequencing Parts." I think to most, Production Begins is the moment when the metal gets stamped and starts rolling through the factory.
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2021, 01:37 PM   #35
YuicyYumboYack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: the speed limit

Quote:

Holy crap that looks amazing. Excuse my ignorance, but what color is that? I assume it's an Individual color?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 01:44 PM   #36
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuicyYumboYack View Post
Holy crap that looks amazing. Excuse my ignorance, but what color is that? I assume it's an Individual color?
you, sir, have confirmed (to me, at least) that I accomplished what I wanted to do when I decided to wrap my X5 45e. I wanted a transformative and "Individual" look without the headaches involved in Individual Frozen paint care or repair.

no, not ignorant at all! this is OEM Arctic Grey wrapped in XPEL stealth (matte) paint protection film. here's the before and after. thanks for the compliment!
Attached Images

Last edited by nZtiZia; 05-21-2021 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 2
      05-20-2021, 09:56 PM   #37
YuicyYumboYack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: the speed limit

Quote:
you, sir, have confirmed (to me, at least) that I accomplished what I wanted to do when I decided to wrap my X5 45e. I wanted a transformative and "Individual" look without the headaches involved in Individual care or repair.

no, not ignorant at all! this is OEM Arctic Grey wrapped in XPEL stealth (matte) paint protection film. here's the before and after. thanks for the compliment!
Wow, that's great to know. I'm waiting on delivery of an Arctic Grey 45e. I like the color, but a wrap is something I may seriously consider now.
Appreciate 2
nZtiZia4592.50
      05-20-2021, 10:12 PM   #38
coder77
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Great choice on the wrap. Looks sublime. I have not started shopping yet since I don't have the car but I am gonna guess it's not cheap to get this done. Do you mind sharing the cost? I am guessing several thousand dollars.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 07:50 AM   #39
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Great choice on the wrap. Looks sublime. I have not started shopping yet since I don't have the car but I am gonna guess it's not cheap to get this done. Do you mind sharing the cost? I am guessing several thousand dollars.
appreciate it! all in with the wrap + ceramic (interior/exterior/wheels/calipers) + aesthetic mods was about $8k (i used the federal tax credit for it lol).

matte ppf is a bit more laborious than glossy because each template has to be modified from the original in order to hide all the glossy surfaces. with glossy, the film can end right on the edge; with matte, the film has to extend and sometimes wrap around the edge, so that's why my detailer charged a higher price than a glossy ppf install (but not all detailers will so definitely shop around!)

i would also recommend looking into AutoFlex spray:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1811342

Last edited by nZtiZia; 05-21-2021 at 07:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 10:18 PM   #40
coder77
Enlisted Member
Rep

My car was scheduled to be completed on May 23rd and now the date is 26th. I called BMW genius and they said they are having difficulty with the air suspension stock. I expect more delays.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2021, 10:38 PM   #41
Wait What?
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive 45e

Quote:
My car was scheduled to be completed on May 23rd and now the date is 26th. I called BMW genius and they said they are having difficulty with the air suspension stock. I expect more delays.
Hm, hope you get everything sorted out quickly... I have a 45e on order myself (no VIN yet) and last week I have had several not particularly enlightening conversations with both BMW geniuses and my CA regarding the shortage of air suspension.
On the other hand, earlier today I learned that they appear to have moved up my build week from week 23 to week 22 (which if I am not mistaken is next week), but in and of itself that does not mean much as they can always change things again...
I am keeping my fingers crossed for your car and for mine!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 11:46 PM   #42
coder77
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wait What? View Post
Hm, hope you get everything sorted out quickly... I have a 45e on order myself (no VIN yet) and last week I have had several not particularly enlightening conversations with both BMW geniuses and my CA regarding the shortage of air suspension.
On the other hand, earlier today I learned that they appear to have moved up my build week from week 23 to week 22 (which if I am not mistaken is next week), but in and of itself that does not mean much as they can always change things again...
Mine was scheduled for week 21. I have no doubt the car will be made. It is just a matter of time. I don’t think they will cancel the production of the car. I do have a VIN. Looks like you don’t have one yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 01:46 AM   #43
coder77
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wait What? View Post
Things started to move! Status changed to Entering Assembly Line. Estimated completion time is tomorrow. Maybe it will be built in just one day.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 03:15 PM   #44
coder77
Enlisted Member
Rep

It is happening. It jumped to Quality Check. I assume it will be completed soon.
Appreciate 0