BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-08-2022, 08:52 PM   #23
Namelss
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport

I told my dealer no extras. No tint, nitrogen, etc. Not because I don’t want them to drive it, I just like to pick my own tint.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 09:27 AM   #24
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namelss View Post
I told my dealer no extras. No tint, nitrogen, etc. Not because I don’t want them to drive it, I just like to pick my own tint.
There are many brands of tint product on the market and they come in different qualities, shades and colors. I had an outside installer come to my condo and he charged me a1/3 less than the dealer wanted for a good quality ceramic tint product.

I totally agree with Namelss as not only do I want to make the selection but also I don't need to pay a dealer an added markup for something he is sourcing elsewhere and is just a middleman in the process.
Appreciate 2
DocL1930.00
M8Bimmer1272.50
      01-09-2022, 01:16 PM   #25
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Was it South Motors BMW OP? They wrecked a customers M4 and they tried to hide it. That service department has gone downhill in years and it’s sad as that used to be the dealer I went to for simple service.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...outputType=amp

Pembroke Pines has a dealer off of I-75 and I know a service advisor there and she goes out of her way to help me out.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 02:08 PM   #26
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunk0311 View Post
So my new x7 m50i came in last week, and I went and paid for it and took it around the block. It had 4 miles on it. I left it there this week so they could put tint on my windows and powder coat the wheels (no black wheels for an x7?!). When I signed the paperwork last week, they had put 11 miles on it. Today, checking the myBMW page, it has over 20 miles on it. Is this normal? Are they letting other customers test drive my vehicle?

Any help is appreicated
All of my ordered vehicles in the last 30+ years were delivered with between 4 and 11 miles on them. I have test driven and seen new cars sitting on lots with as much as 500 miles on them.

Like others said, if you had the dealer do tint and powder coat, they likely had to drive it to the shops that did the work and thus 20 miles is not unusually high.

My dealer offers 2 types of tint, the cheapest is a dye based tint that a guy comes to the dealership and works out of a van to install it. The better tint is done at a shop 40 miles away and the dealer has someone drive the new vehicle to that shop and back, which easily adds 80 miles to it before delivery.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 05:24 PM   #27
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunk0311 View Post
So my new x7 m50i came in last week, and I went and paid for it and took it around the block. It had 4 miles on it. I left it there this week so they could put tint on my windows and powder coat the wheels (no black wheels for an x7?!). When I signed the paperwork last week, they had put 11 miles on it. Today, checking the myBMW page, it has over 20 miles on it. Is this normal? Are they letting other customers test drive my vehicle?

Any help is appreicated
All of my ordered vehicles in the last 30+ years were delivered with between 4 and 11 miles on them. I have test driven and seen new cars sitting on lots with as much as 500 miles on them.

Like others said, if you had the dealer do tint and powder coat, they likely had to drive it to the shops that did the work and thus 20 miles is not unusually high.

My dealer offers 2 types of tint, the cheapest is a dye based tint that a guy comes to the dealership and works out of a van to install it. The better tint is done at a shop 40 miles away and the dealer has someone drive the new vehicle to that shop and back, which easily adds 80 miles to it before delivery.
I would never purchase a cheap dye based tint and would only do ceramic. The man I use who comes to your home installs ceramic at a much lower price than the dealer.
Appreciate 0