BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-16-2024, 02:19 AM   #89
Piotr351
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 G05

Hi, I have the same problem as you. Has your problem already been resolved with STOP024983 ?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 03:54 PM   #90
BourbonJ
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDRIVE 50e

We bought a 50e on 9/28/23, 3 days later it was flat towed back to dealership were it has been in service to this day 1/14/2024 (108 days). BMWNA is "reluctantly" buying the 50e back this week. In our case the problem was the BMU(Battery Management Electronic Unit), the replacement unit was ordered from Germany, but even with BMWNA Tech assistance they could not and have not resolve the problem for 3 months.

There is a chance they got another defective BMU or like in this forum it has become a systematic problem that BMWNA wants to fix before sending out any more 50e. I can see BMW not wanting customers to cancel their orders if they admit to a problem they are trying to resolve, so that could be part of reason they are running silent on production halt or reduced production.

This Forum has been a great place to find out, unfortunately, the many safety issues and problems the 2024 BMW X5 50e has been having.

I hope others will join me in reporting these issues to the NHTSA at https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#vehicle. It is a pretty simple process to fill out.

We still love the BMW, but to hold BMW accountable to fix the problem(s) and help others not go thru the same problems and safety issues we are going through, we need to officially document them with the NHTSA.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 10:05 PM   #91
Cdn_Bimmer
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr351 View Post
Hi, I have the same problem as you. Has your problem already been resolved with STOP024983 ?
Not yet. The latest update is that they hope to be able to release it/make delivery by end of January. What is your dealer telling you?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 01:52 AM   #92
Piotr351
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn_Bimmer View Post
Not yet. The latest update is that they hope to be able to release it/make delivery by end of January. What is your dealer telling you?
we have no information regarding the date. do you know what exactly the action is about?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 08:36 AM   #93
Cdn_Bimmer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
we have no information regarding the date. do you know what exactly the action is about?
The integrated braking system, based on what my dealer told me. Nothing more than that was shared.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 08:44 AM   #94
sander76
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50E

Same here and got the same info.

My new X5 50E was expected to be delivered on Jan 4.
They called me it has a delivery stop.
No idea when it will be ready
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 10:29 AM   #95
Piotr351
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander76 View Post
Same here and got the same info.

My new X5 50E was expected to be delivered on Jan 4.
They called me it has a delivery stop.
No idea when it will be ready

Is your code STOP024983?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 02:40 PM   #96
Piotr351
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn_Bimmer View Post
It’s painful watching this sit at the dealership while they wait for the upgrade.

Here she is, waiting for pickup.

I have a request. If you get a message about the car, let me know. Thank You
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 02:43 PM   #97
SD2507
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBMW1 View Post
Got a new 2024 2 weeks ago. Has about 600 miles (all miles from driving to Chicago to pickup and driving back to Indiana). Turn it on this morning and got “drivetrain malfunction”. Anyone else have this issue on a new car?
I had exactly the same issue with the 2024 X5 and BMW has still not been able to identify the cause of the problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 03:33 PM   #98
Cdn_Bimmer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have a request. If you get a message about the car, let me know. Thank You
I ended up finding the same spec in stock locally, except it had a later build date (Dec, 2023), so it wasn’t subject to the STOP. My sales advisor made the trade with the other dealer on Friday - I take delivery this week.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 06:39 AM   #99
sander76
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50E

Quote:
Is your code STOP024983?
yes as far i could understand.
Car is still not delivered and no ETA
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 01:29 PM   #100
gsquare
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

FWIW:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=103
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 03:22 PM   #101
MC113
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 BMW X5 M60i

TLDR - My 2024 M60i is now on its fourth visit to my Service Center for "Check Control/Power Supply" related issues with about 3k miles of driving since I got it a few months back. I know it's a different series of faults from the ones folks listed here but I've had some of the same experiences with no items in the car's error logs, initially BMW having service do a software reboot and the issues coming back.

It's been in the shop for a little over a week now and BMW has directed the service center to replace the electric fan and electric relay and they've ordered the parts. Not sure when I will get my car back.

MY CAR’S HISTORY

SEPTEMBER -
Shortly after beginning to drive, I received the fault message "Power Supply - You can continue driving. Roadside Assistance not required. Have the problem checked by the nearest service center." The fault reappeared after turning the car off, locking it and then coming back and restarting it a few minutes later. The fault message remained on for the entire drive as well as the following day. When checking the MyBMW app, the message stated: "Urgent Battery Check Up - The battery connection of your vehicle is malfunctioning. It is possible to continue driving." Dropped the car off - the Advisor said they did see the warning illuminated, but when they tested the vehicle subsequently it wasn’t present. There weren't any low voltage warnings or faults either and they believe it was just a software glitch.

NOVEMBER (two incidents) -
Received the same message, brought it in and again it went away on its own. Then, a couple weeks later the vehicle began making a pronounced high pitched noise while idling. This persisted for several minutes and then I then received the iDrive message "Check Control: Power Supply. Stop carefully. Do not continue driving. Continued driving will lead to malfunction of safety relevant functions. Battery cannot be recharged. Call Roadside Assistance." The vehicle became extremely difficult to steer and subsequently made more unusual mechanical noises. Service Center did a software reset and I again was told it should be fine now.

JANUARY -
Again with the Check Control: Power Supply message and it’s back in the shop.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 09:19 PM   #102
krypttic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X50e with Executive P

Plugged my X5 in this evening and got yet another High Voltage and Drivetrain Warning:
Name:  Drivetrain - 1.jpeg
Views: 560
Size:  1.13 MBName:  Drivetrain - 2.jpeg
Views: 555
Size:  1.22 MB

If I go to the dealer again, it will be my FIFTH trip in the first 2,500 miles of ownership for Check Engine Lights and/or Drivetrain/High Voltage warnings.
Appreciate 1
MC113100.00
      02-02-2024, 06:39 PM   #103
gsquare
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsquare View Post
Got my 50e back on Tuesday after the second reprogramming, drive cycles, and battery drain. After less than ten miles of driving I got a momentary Drivetrain Malfunction which did not generate a fault code. When I got into the vehicle again at the dealership the high voltage service message that I and others have experienced returned. When the shop foreman got involved the check engine light came on. My case has been reopened and there’s another loaner iX in the garage. I believe that I’ve met all requirements of the Pennsylvania lemon law. To be continued…
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 07:33 PM   #104
raddoc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5,Model3,M240i

PA Lemon Lawyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsquare View Post
Got my 50e back on Tuesday after the second reprogramming, drive cycles, and battery drain. After less than ten miles of driving I got a momentary Drivetrain Malfunction which did not generate a fault code. When I got into the vehicle again at the dealership the high voltage service message that I and others have experienced returned. When the shop foreman got involved the check engine light came on. My case has been reopened and there’s another loaner iX in the garage. I believe that I’ve met all requirements of the Pennsylvania lemon law. To be continued…
I had a great LL experience with Kimmel & Silverman in Ambler PA. I know , not near Pittsburgh but these folks are excellent. Had an oil consumption issue in a new MB SLK 350. They got me $7500 plus a new engine. I traded that car the day I got it back for a new Boxster S. Didn't lose a penny on that deal.

Last edited by raddoc; 02-02-2024 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 1
gsquare64.50
      02-02-2024, 10:09 PM   #105
gsquare
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddoc View Post
I had a great LL experience with Kimmel & Silverman in Ambler PA. I know , not near Pittsburgh but these folks are excellent. Had an oil consumption issue in a new MB SLK 350. They got me $7500 plus a new engine. I traded that car the day I got it back for a new Boxster S. Didn't lose a penny on that deal.
I have a good relationship with my dealer and am hoping that going the legal route won’t be necessary if they can’t resolve things. That said, I appreciate the referral.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 08:31 AM   #106
andyrp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 30e

Got to 8,800 miles and today I now have warnings for High Voltage Fault and Drivetrain Malfunction. Within 10 minutes of the warnings coming up in the car BMW UK phoned me to tell me I'd got some warning messages, to book it in for service and in the meantime to drive steadily, do not overtake other vehicles due to risk of sudden loss of power and not to exceed 50mph.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 12:46 PM   #107
krypttic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X50e with Executive P

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrp View Post
Got to 8,800 miles and today I now have warnings for High Voltage Fault and Drivetrain Malfunction. Within 10 minutes of the warnings coming up in the car BMW UK phoned me to tell me I'd got some warning messages, to book it in for service and in the meantime to drive steadily, do not overtake other vehicles due to risk of sudden loss of power and not to exceed 50mph.
Did the warnings stay on the next time you started the vehicle or did they clear on their own? Any driving or charging issues?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 03:03 AM   #108
andyrp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 30e

Quote:
Originally Posted by krypttic View Post
Did the warnings stay on the next time you started the vehicle or did they clear on their own? Any driving or charging issues?

After I got home I left it a couple of hours, checked the car and warnings still there. Plugged it in to charge and left it another hour and then the warnings were gone (I think the fact they cleared after charging is a coincidence) Then did a trip of 80 miles without problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 01:39 PM   #109
John Jacobs
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Hybrid

Exclamation Steering column vibration

I have a 2024 X 5 50E and for the last month every time the steering column extends or retracts it makes a loud noise and shudders. I finally dropped it off at the dealer and they say they have to take this matter up with BMW.
Anyone else have this issue? I have had nothing but problems with this car, including being stranded by the side of the road with a total system failure, multiple software issues, uncomfortable seats, etc. but this steering column issue is new.
This is my third X5 and it will definitely be my last! In six months I've spent over three weeks in the shop and had to be towed once.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 01:27 PM   #110
Asoliveri
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e, Volvo XC40

I've had my 2024 X5 50e since Sept 23.

I've seen the STOP Drivetrain warning message exactly twice.

Once in December and once today (March).

Both times it just went away and the car is fine.

Should I be doing anything proactive at this point? Is there a code log I should be checking? Taking it to the dealer just to be safe?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0