BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-15-2022, 02:00 PM   #1
twinturbomann
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i, 2022 X6 X40i

Bimmer-Tech 86DSP install on a 2022 G06 Msport

I just installed the Bimmer-Tech 86DSP plug and play with bracket on the wife's 22 X6 w/ Hi Fi speakers and it's an huge boost in bass. It has more bass than my X5 with HK speakers. The HF highs sound slightly better than my HK speakers playing the same song between both cars in the garage.

The 86DSP installed was straight forward on a X6 with the BT bracket fitting perfectly on top of the existing X6 BMW RAM bracket. I really didn't realize the 86DSP's power and ground wires are integrated into the BT hardness. That itself was a huge stress reliever because I didn't need to deal with connecting power & ground wires to the BMW car battery. Clean and simple.

Custom bracket was a "perfect fit" that's sits right over the existing RAM module (3) 10mm bolt mounts. It took about 25 minutes to complete the install on our X6 novice. It took more time prepping the rear trunk area with towels and lights.

**X6 owners** careful with bumping your head on the the trunk latch that hangs down, depending on the height you have the lift gate set on it could blast the back of your head really hard . ***

Overall, I was on the fence for weeks about this pricey audio upgrade. I spent hours researching and hunting different components on ebay without warranty or support. I really didn't want to risk having to “hear” about issues because it was on the wife's car. I'm happy with the sound output of the HI-FI speakers running on the Bimmer-Tech 86DSP setup. It's an easy-instant upgrade keeping the existing speakers for those that got hosed with the HI FI speakers like we did and wanted premium sound.

Still testing out the ASD setting "off and on" with the help of bimmercode. Also had to turn the "gong" sound effect all the way down to calm the blinker turn signal sound.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
dll10.00
AAA59.00
Tch-Nrd124.50
sd306380.50
-=LD=-17.00