BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-05-2018, 08:05 AM   #45
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

I’m also waiting to hear about the 45e, mostly just the price and the range are what I’m interested in. If it’s not that much more distance than the 40e, then I’ll just go ahead and get the 40i instead of waiting. I’m also hoping pricing is more aligned with the 40i similar to how the 530e is the same price as the 530i, vs several thousand more on the F15.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #46
JayPichardo
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus300 View Post
I think BMW is lagging and should be releasing the 35d or 40d and 45e now rather then next year. Its no reason to wait when they are ready for the other market especially when these X5s are built here. They should of gotten the EPA approval earlier instead of just doing these two gasoline engines.....
It has more to do with production ramp up. Some options wont even be available until December production.

Top M Client Advisor in New England.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 08:51 AM   #47
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cric14 View Post
Nothing on the 45e?
Wow BMW is really lagging in the hybrid/full electric segments!

These are the fastest growing segments in the auto industry with Tesla now passing easily the 3 series as the new leader in the compact segment with the model 3 and continuing to grow.

Mercedes is launching their new GLE with outstanding interior and a full electric SUV coming early next year.

Wake up BMW!!! Fossil fuel is dying and quickly

My $0.02.
When you can fully recharge an electric or hybrid battery in 5 minutes or less, which is the time it takes to fill up my 16 gallon fuel tank, we'll talk.

Until then, I don't see ICE disappearing or being a full proposition for the remaining 99% of the population. We are not there yet.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
cric143.00
      07-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #48
E90M3JETS
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Nothing on the 45e?

These are the fastest growing segments in the auto industry with Tesla now passing easily the 3 series as the new leader in the compact segment with the model 3 and continuing to grow.

Mercedes is launching their new GLE with outstanding interior and a full electric SUV coming early next year.

My $0.02.
When you can fully recharge an electric or hybrid battery in 5 minutes or less, which is the time it takes to fill up my 16 gallon fuel tank, we'll talk.

Until then, I don't see ICE disappearing or being a full proposition for the remaining 99% of the population. We are not there yet.
I disagree with you. Most Tesla cars for example have ~300 miles of autonomy so for the majority of population their cars can be charged at home overnight.

I agree that for taxi or similar heavy use vehicles that run more 300 miles a day, an electric car is still not viable; however, it is an exception and not the rule.

I doubt that less than 1% of people in this forum would drive more than 70 miles per day even. My commute is 24 miles both ways.

BMW needs to wake up since electric is here to stay. Keeping my M3 since it will become a classic pretty soon either because in 5 years most cars will be electric or hybrid and/or because BMW will disappear...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #49
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nothing on the 45e?

My $0.02.

I disagree with you. Most Tesla cars for example have ~300 miles of autonomy so for the majority of population their cars can be charged at home overnight.

I agree that for taxi or similar heavy use vehicles that run more 300 miles a day, an electric car is still not viable; however, it is an exception and not the rule.

I doubt that less than 1% of people in this forum would drive more than 70 miles per day even. My commute is 24 miles both ways.

BMW needs to wake up since electric is here to stay. Keeping my M3 since it will become a classic pretty soon either because in 5 years most cars will be electric or hybrid and/or because BMW will disappear...
I believe BMW is committed towards the electric route and has promised several offerings for the new decade. We'll see.

I looked into Tesla's but quite frankly they are very expensive cars with shitty build quality and low rent interiors for the money asked. The only one I liked, the Model S, is getting long in the tooth.

I rather have a full EV from a legacy manufacturer that actually understands and practices the intricacies of world class fit and finish (and quality cabins) vs what is still an apprentice in the auto industry with what I perceive to have an attention starved and paranoia driven prima Donna at the helm.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 11:14 AM   #50
E90M3JETS
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nothing on the 45e?

My $0.02.

I believe BMW is committed towards the electric route and has promised several offerings for the new decade. We'll see.

I looked into Tesla's but quite frankly they are very expensive cars with shitty build quality and low rent interiors for the money asked. The only one I liked, the Model S, is getting long in the tooth.

I rather have a full EV from a legacy manufacturer that actually understands and practices the intricacies of world class fit and finish (and quality cabins) vs what is still an apprentice in the auto industry with what I perceive to have an attention starved and paranoia driven prima Donna at the helm.
Got it. I agree with you the seats and lack of heads up display are inferior compared to BMW, but overall their quality and price-value equation is quite good. Model S outsells BMW 5 series for quite big margin. Let's see what BMW can do, but launching a new 75k ICE SUV without a hybrid or all electric version does not make me hopeful BMW gets it what is happening right now. They better get their s... together or Tesla will trump over them.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #51
JayPichardo
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Full pricing here http://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1512761

Top M Client Advisor in New England.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #52
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nothing on the 45e?

My $0.02.

although I Iove Tesla's visionary push this is my fundamental issue with them as well. for people who see cars as an appliance the imperfections may not matter but for $80K I expect more than just a slick electric powertrain.
      07-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #53
cric14
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLC 300

Electric cars are fully not there yet, as mentioned above unless they can figure out a way to recharge them quickly..ICE will stick around.

I'm looking to trade my vehicle and was hoping BMW would release 45e model next year. I'm hoping for 50 miles of range on electric (I know I'm asking for to much here) and then the normal gas tank that it comes with. Would be great!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 08:45 PM   #54
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mundo74 View Post
is there more standard equipment vs the F15
Quote:
A lot more. Please read the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Please tell me that the 40i is not a 4 cylinder turbo
No. The 40i is the inline-6.
Bmw still makes an NA inline 6? Impressed

Edit: I see its the turbo 6, decent power for the entry level X5. Does bmw put NA 6 in any of its current models?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 10:01 PM   #55
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Edit: I see its the turbo 6, decent power for the entry level X5. Does bmw put NA 6 in any of its current models?
NA engines are dead. only reserved for exotics. turbo engines are a step in the road to full electric. turbos/variable compression etc are extracting the last bit of efficiency from ICE. but the mass extinction is coming.
      07-06-2018, 03:24 AM   #56
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
What is remote engine start going to be? Is it going to be like the previous generation... Just fob starting from within range of the fob, or using the mobile app over the net. If it's just using the fob then it's kind of pointless. If I'm 10 feet away from it, then what's the point of remote start?
To start your car while it's parked in the driveway or garage. Or even starting the car and getting the AC running for 30 seconds can make a pretty big difference. Especially if you're loading the car with groceries or little children.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 07:57 AM   #57
H11
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: mb430

It’s all about the seats

Does it still have the 21 way adjustable seats?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 07:58 AM   #58
H11
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: mb430

Order date

When can we order?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 08:47 AM   #59
SpenceRx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i EBII

Not cheap but the product looks awesome so they are charging accordingly!
      07-06-2018, 09:56 PM   #60
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

NA engines are dead. only reserved for exotics. turbo engines are a step in the road to full electric. turbos/variable compression etc are extracting the last bit of efficiency from ICE. but the mass extinction is coming.
I am not convinced that turbo engines are more efficient in real world driving. When i compare my 6 cylinder NA engines to 4 turbo and 6 turbo, the NA engines win every time. I think its just winning the EPA tests that drives turbos to the dealerships
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 11:17 PM   #61
mnx5er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 3.5i

Has this thread gone off the rails. Back to the main question. When can we start to order?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #62
sshu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 997tt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugzZ BunnY View Post
no Sdrive?
I was hoping for this option as well. When did it come out for the last gen? 2nd year of production?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 05:32 AM   #63
akhter
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 911 992 C2S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugzZ BunnY View Post
no Sdrive?
I was hoping for this option as well. When did it come out for the last gen? 2nd year of production?
Just when the 2yr lease on initial models run out
Sold E90 335i M Sport Alpine White|Tokyo
Sold E36 328i Jet Black|NYC
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 01:29 AM   #64
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

BMW 45e quote

Got a quote for a BMW X5 45e (the hybrid model) last weekend.
European pricing in euro without tax.

Base price: 69.008,26 euro
  • Saphire black
  • Leather seats
  • 19inch wheels
  • Sport steeringwheel
  • Mirror pack
  • Electrical sportseats front
  • Alarm
  • Ecall, edrive,, in-call, live cockpit etc...
  • Active guard plus
  • LED headlights
  • Heated front seats
  • Driving Assistant Professional
  • Parking Assistant Plus
  • DAB
  • Hifi speakers
  • Heads-up display
  • 2 axle air-suspension (not on the offer but standard according to the printed documentation I received from concession)

With options (and minus discount): 71.074,37 euro
EU delivery: October-November 2019

Thinking of adding the M-sport pack as well when ordering.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 07:08 AM   #65
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
Got a quote for a BMW X5 45e (the hybrid model) last weekend.
European pricing in euro without tax.

Base price: 69.008,26 euro
  • Saphire black
  • Leather seats
  • 19inch wheels
  • Sport steeringwheel
  • Mirror pack
  • Electrical sportseats front
  • Alarm
  • Ecall, edrive,, in-call, live cockpit etc...
  • Active guard plus
  • LED headlights
  • Heated front seats
  • Driving Assistant Professional
  • Parking Assistant Plus
  • DAB
  • Hifi speakers
  • Heads-up display
  • 2 axle air-suspension (not on the offer but standard according to the printed documentation I received from concession)

With options (and minus discount): 71.074,37 euro
EU delivery: October-November 2019

Thinking of adding the M-sport pack as well when ordering.
You'll get more replies in this thread:

Official X5 Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1541151

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 07:56 PM   #66
msunny
Rep
Drives: 328i 2013 and X5 2019

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
2013 bmw 328i  [0.00]
Best negotiated discount for extended warranty & maintenance

Hi,
Would any be able to share their best % off list price they were able to negotiate for a) extended warranty b) extended maintenance

I am going in a few weeks to receive my X5 and am hoping to add the extended warranty and maintenance if I can negotiate a good deal. But I want to know, what is a good deal?

e.g. 20% , 30%, higher , ...

Regards

Sunny
2013 328i
2019 X5 40i (on order)
Appreciate 0