BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-06-2016, 01:08 AM   #45
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Yeah, 170lbs was a bad idea. He did give Nate's face a beating that first round. I like Conor, actually think he is really good for the sport.

I will say Holly went out like a champ and didn't tap. Conor just gave up, lost a little respect.

Tate fought Holly exactly how Rhonda should have fought the boxing champion. Rhonda would have ended the fight sooner had she used the same tactic, as her ground game is way more advanced than Tate's. Stay on the outside of Holly, slip her long punches and take her down.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 03-06-2016 at 01:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 04:41 AM   #46
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Yeah, 170lbs was a bad idea. He did give Nate's face a beating that first round. I like Conor, actually think he is really good for the sport.

I will say Holly went out like a champ and didn't tap. Conor just gave up, lost a little respect.

Tate fought Holly exactly how Rhonda should have fought the boxing champion. Rhonda would have ended the fight sooner had she used the same tactic, as her ground game is way more advanced than Tate's. Stay on the outside of Holly, slip her long punches and take her down.
Tapping before passing out is to prevent injury and when you're in that position, you know you're screwed anyways. I used to do martial arts and it's one of the first thing they teach you, if you know you can't get out of a grapple, no sense in shame in tapping before you pass out, there's nothing in being a "champ" when you're causing unnecessary harm to your brain.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 06:59 AM   #47
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehronius View Post
This is why there are weight classes. His power in 170lbs can be absorbed in that weight class. I'm not saying he can take over lightweight, but rda will be a great match for him. That's probably the highest he can go
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Tapping before passing out is to prevent injury and when you're in that position, you know you're screwed anyways. I used to do martial arts and it's one of the first thing they teach you, if you know you can't get out of a grapple, no sense in shame in tapping before you pass out, there's nothing in being a "champ" when you're causing unnecessary harm to your brain.
Agreed to both!

Such a shame to see him lose i did pick the right round the fight would end as i didnt see Conor knocking Diaz in the first just because of his previous fights he can take a hit.

I had the fight ending in 2nd round. I made a bet for $3.50 odds for round 2 finish... Such a good night but deep down im shattered Conor Lost, Suprised Meisha won... i had her getting KO'd luckily i didnt bet on that because budgeting for car stuff HAHAHAHA
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #48
Fizzybusy
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
No offense intended, but that is profoundly ridiculous to anyone that has trained or fought before.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 01:57 PM   #49
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i xdrive msport(E92)

I'm excited for Conor to get round 2 under his belt. He is going to be ready I think this time for Diaz, IMO.
VRSF 7" IC, VRSF CP, aFe panel filter, VRSF DP, Pure Inlet Pipe, MHD/Twisted Tuned, Performance Exhaust, Koni Yellows on Eibach Pro Kit springs, Turner adjustable front endlinks, R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors w/ Hawk 5.0 pads, VMR's 710, Fuel It Stage 2 LPFP, 3.5 TMAP, CYBA 3.8" black chrome exhaust tips, Orange Vinyl Wrap, CF bits, coding, Pure Stage 2 turbo w/ DV+(NGK plugs), xHP trans flash, and more.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 02:40 PM   #50
sales@vivid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantCatchMe View Post
I'm excited for Conor to get round 2 under his belt. He is going to be ready I think this time for Diaz, IMO.
I really hope he destroys Diaz. I cant stand that guy. I remember watching him at the hearing about the drug usage charge, and rather than apologize, he just sat there and ignored everything they said to him. Classless guy IMO
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #51
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
If Conor can pace himself, he should be good. He has much quicker hands. He jacked Diaz face up prior to him blowing his wad and laying down for the tap.

I am sure Conor was laughing at how lame UFC 200 was.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 10:23 PM   #52
saleen556
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

You guys are forgetting that Nate didn't even have a camp for that fight. He was training for a decathlon. I will be surprised if Nate doesn't beat him worse this go round. I am looking forward to the rematch with Aldo. Should be a good fight and I think Aldo can knock Connor out.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 02:20 AM   #53
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Jon Jones is a f*cking liar and cheat. He claims he unknowingly took something, complete BS. Just released he got popped for two different estrogen blockers. Anyone who knows PEDs, you take estrogen blockers when you come off a cycle. Also many take them during a cycle, to avoid getting gyno. He has to be getting a 2 year ban.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 06:44 AM   #54
saleen556
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Jon Jones is a f*cking liar and cheat. He claims he unknowingly took something, complete BS. Just released he got popped for two different estrogen blockers. Anyone who knows PEDs, you take estrogen blockers when you come off a cycle. Also many take them during a cycle, to avoid getting gyno. He has to be getting a 2 year ban.
EXACTLY! People were making comments about how big he was during his suspension. Now this explains it.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #55
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Everyone is roiding, its just knowing how to not get caught doing it.

Wonder what this $4 billion sale is going to do to the UFC. Hopefully the new owners dont try to fix what isnt broken.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #56
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Everyone is roiding, its just knowing how to not get caught doing it.
I wouldn't say everyone, but it was a problem. If someone like DC was on roids, he would have to have the worst genetics on the planet.

USADA will and is cleaning the sport up.

Once guys see fighters like Jones losing out on millions, they will think twice about using PED's.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #57
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Jones is done.

Teammates have corroborated this alleged story.

Quote:
When USADA showed up at Jones’ gym to test him, he scrambled to hide under the Octagon. The drug testers waited around for 8 hours for Jones to show up to the gym, and he never did… because he was already there, hiding under the cage.

The rules are that if the testers could find you, you’d have to take their test on the spot. They sat down and waited around all day. This was before you had to report your location to them, it was right around when new testing procedures were starting to come into play but weren’t completely figured out yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 11:39 PM   #58
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Anyone watch UFC 200? Nunes wrecked Tate. Surprised it ended like that. Seen Nunes fight before a couple of times. I guess all that talking was for nothing.
      07-25-2016, 01:47 AM   #59
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Holm got beat again. She is becoming a one fight wonder.

Meanwhile Jon Jones brother in the NFL just got suspended for 4 games for PED's. Guess it runs in the family.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #60
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i xdrive msport(E92)

Two weeks away from Conor redeeming himself! I'm getting pumped for this fight.

I'm also a bit intrigued to see how the 37 or 38 year old CM Punk does again Mickey Gall. Brock Lesnar translated very well into UFC(even with a failed drug test).
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #61
saleen556
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Two weeks away from Conor redeeming himself! I'm getting pumped for this fight.

I'm also a bit intrigued to see how the 37 or 38 year old CM Punk does again Mickey Gall. Brock Lesnar translated very well into UFC(even with a failed drug test).
I'm looking forward to Nate knocking him out this time. He will have an actual camp this time and with the confidence of the last fight I have him winning. Connor is great for the sport but will do better in his weight class. I'm looking forward to the Aldo rematch. As I think it will be a better fight next go round.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 05:02 PM   #62
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen556 View Post
I'm looking forward to Nate knocking him out this time. He will have an actual camp this time and with the confidence of the last fight I have him winning. Connor is great for the sport but will do better in his weight class. I'm looking forward to the Aldo rematch. As I think it will be a better fight next go round.
I don't see Nate knocking out Connor. He just doesn't fight that way. He has only had 4KO's in his career. Nate is a submission artist.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 05:34 PM   #63
saleen556
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I don't see Nate knocking out Connor. He just doesn't fight that way. He has only had 4KO's in his career. Nate is a submission artist.
I agree. However I can see him making a point and getting a TKO stoppage on the ground. A guy can dream :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 11:44 PM   #64
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Great fight. I had Conor winning rounds 1,2,4. Conor went in knowing Nate could absorb the big blows. Conor has legitimate knockout power, just not at 170. I think he will go back an own 145 with that power/speed. Those knockdown punches he hit Nate with, would all be knockout punches at 145.

Rumble is a f*cking beast. Can't wait for his rematch with Cormier.
Appreciate 1
2Banger131.50
      09-15-2016, 08:16 AM   #65
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2er

Shows how unactive in these forums i am nowadays!

I picked Connor to win the rematch and did a few sneaky punts... Glad i backed Mystic Mac!

I dont know about any of you guys... But Michael Johnson versus Dustin Poirier is coming up this week

I have a MAJOR feeling Michael Johnson is gonna win this, anybody follow 155?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2017, 12:42 AM   #66
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Probably one of the greatest MMA nights ever.

What a f*cking card that was!

The three big shit talkers go down, three new champs.
Appreciate 0