08-15-2022, 06:04 PM   #1
sbc-yyc
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5, 2018 Q5, 2018 P100D

Question Any feedback for codemybimmer dot ca

Folks,

I'm new to the ridiculously interesting world of BMWs. Having bought a 2021 X5, I am loving the BMW experience but really struggling with the coding experience. I've used OBD Eleven with my Audis in the past and, relatively speaking, it was a much simpler experience.

With BMWs, it's quite complex even when it comes to the myriad of options in tools alone - esys, bimmer utility, protool, just to name a few! And the coding process is pretty daunting for a newbie like me. There's a ton of acronyms, and there's even a possibility of bricking the vehicle if I randomly click something which I shouldn't!

All this is making me consider a white-glove service called codemybimmer. Pretty sure some of you may have heard of it. Just looking for some feedback from folks who might have used it, or have some knowledge of the people who run it. Any thoughts?

Based on their site, $100 is what they'd charge for a remote coding session. That isn't a constraint at all, if they're able to code the stuff that I want such as the following:
  • Enable Turn Signals on the HUD
  • Enable Lane Departure on the HUD
  • Enable Variable Light Distribution
  • Disable Anti Dazzle Headlamps
  • Enable Urban Cruise Control
  • Decrease front seat(driver and passenger) ventilation temperature
  • Enable Grass/Roadside Edge Detection to Lane Departure
  • Turn off dim for (front) DLR when Headlights are on. (DLR Stay 100%)
  • Enable EU SLI sign (White circle with Red outline) for speed limits
  • Enable Traffic Jam Assistant (TJA) on ALL ROADS

I realize that some of these may not be actual features, so apologies if I've listed something that isn't a valid ask. Still learning, you see

Oh, and btw, if any forum members are interested in offering their services to remote-code my X5, for money or coffee, feel free to let me know! I'll take expert assistance the first chance I get

Cheers!

Last edited by sbc-yyc; 08-15-2022 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 01:20 PM   #2
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbc-yyc View Post
Folks,

I'm new to the ridiculously interesting world of BMWs. Having bought a 2021 X5, I am loving the BMW experience but really struggling with the coding experience. I've used OBD Eleven with my Audis in the past and, relatively speaking, it was a much simpler experience.

With BMWs, it's quite complex even when it comes to the myriad of options in tools alone - esys, bimmer utility, protool, just to name a few! And the coding process is pretty daunting for a newbie like me. There's a ton of acronyms, and there's even a possibility of bricking the vehicle if I randomly click something which I shouldn't!

All this is making me consider a white-glove service called codemybimmer. Pretty sure some of you may have heard of it. Just looking for some feedback from folks who might have used it, or have some knowledge of the people who run it. Any thoughts?

Based on their site, $100 is what they'd charge for a remote coding session. That isn't a constraint at all, if they're able to code the stuff that I want such as the following:
  • Enable Turn Signals on the HUD
  • Enable Lane Departure on the HUD
  • Enable Variable Light Distribution
  • Disable Anti Dazzle Headlamps
  • Enable Urban Cruise Control
  • Decrease front seat(driver and passenger) ventilation temperature
  • Enable Grass/Roadside Edge Detection to Lane Departure
  • Turn off dim for (front) DLR when Headlights are on. (DLR Stay 100%)
  • Enable EU SLI sign (White circle with Red outline) for speed limits
  • Enable Traffic Jam Assistant (TJA) on ALL ROADS

I realize that some of these may not be actual features, so apologies if I've listed something that isn't a valid ask. Still learning, you see

Oh, and btw, if any forum members are interested in offering their services to remote-code my X5, for money or coffee, feel free to let me know! I'll take expert assistance the first chance I get

Cheers!
curious to know if they can actually do most of those items because I heard you CANNOT adjust the DRL (angel eyes) brightness to 100%. Hope this can now be done!?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 10:33 PM   #3
sbc-yyc
Private
Canada
Rep

Welp, seems like other than VLD, Anti Dazzle and EU SLI, they won't be able to do any of the stuff on my list. Kind of sucks. Oh well, guess I better start learning how to code
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 11:00 PM   #4
kgelfen360
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Try contacting them on the web page. I've asked them about hitch coding they said they can do it. I am waiting for parts going to do stealth hitch and oem module. They claim they can code it.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 03:39 PM   #5
unsubtleNinja
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6 M Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Try contacting them on the web page. I've asked them about hitch coding they said they can do it. I am waiting for parts going to do stealth hitch and oem module. They claim they can code it.
Steve did a great job when I needed OEM Hitch coding on my X6M.
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602180.50
      08-20-2022, 11:41 AM   #6
sbc-yyc
Private
Canada
Rep

Yeah, thanks guys for the feedback and comments.

Exchanged quite a lot of emails with Steve, but unfortunately didn't get the kind of feedback I was hoping for. Seems like there's a ton of difference between the F15 and G05, and most of the codes available on the internet are for the F15. Plus, some of the things that I was interested in getting aren't available on the G05. Steve made it clear that they don't code TLA as, apparently, it doesn't work all the time. And apart from VLD and Anti-Dazzle, there's not much on their site that can't be done via Bimmercode. The stock lasers are pretty powerful on their own and I don't have any issues with them whatsoever. So they're not a must-have for me at this time. I would have liked turn signals and lane departure info on the HUD for sure, and the seat ventilation increased, but they didn't seem to be interested in trying to code any of that. So I'll try doing it myself.

I do have a windows laptop and I've got all the files needed to start coding. I'll give it a shot in the coming weeks and see what I can do myself. Thanks and cheers!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 10:10 AM   #7
Shawzy44
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
They can. They did my Stealth hitch 18mths ago. No worries with these guys they are the best. Contact them directly and let them know what you want done.

2023 BMW X3 M40i
2019 BMW X5 40iX
2019 BMW 440iX M Performance Cabriolet
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602180.50
      08-22-2022, 10:14 AM   #8
Shawzy44
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40iX

Try reaching out to Vithy at Code my Bimmer. Email: imixslash@gmail.com he coded my hitch, a bunch of other items and updated my I-step.

2023 BMW X3 M40i
2019 BMW X5 40iX
2019 BMW 440iX M Performance Cabriolet
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602180.50
      08-22-2022, 10:33 AM   #9
sbc-yyc
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawzy44 View Post
Try reaching out to Vithy at Code my Bimmer. Email: imixslash@gmail.com he coded my hitch, a bunch of other items and updated my I-step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawzy44 View Post
They can. They did my Stealth hitch 18mths ago. No worries with these guys they are the best. Contact them directly and let them know what you want done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsubtleNinja View Post
Steve did a great job when I needed OEM Hitch coding on my X6M.
Hey guys, what's hitch/stealth hitch? Are you referring to trailer hitch? If so, then that's one feature that I've never used and never will. We don't tow trailers. Apart from that, what else did you guys get done from them? Anything apart from VLD, Anti Dazzle and the trailer hitch? Please let me know. Thanks and Cheers!
Appreciate 0