BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-13-2022, 08:33 AM   #23
Kobe4Ever
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastHB View Post
Sorry for all the time that has passed and I had no updates.

I got scammed with the pirellis and was finding new tires that's why I was away. I never would've imagined buying tires would be this stressful.

But I ended up buying new rims in the hunt for tires and was able to find some new Continentals as well. Not a big fan of the Contis but it is what it is I guess.

Everything should come in this week and will try to get them fitted asap so I can show you how it looks.

Sorry for the delays I'm desperate to see the end result.

Thanks for the update man and sorry to hear about your experience, buying tires now is an insane ridiculous experience, there’s only a few in stock for us, can’t wait to see the end result!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 01:21 PM   #24
BeastHB
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4Ever View Post
Thanks for the update man and sorry to hear about your experience, buying tires now is an insane ridiculous experience, there’s only a few in stock for us, can’t wait to see the end result!
Seriously tho what is this lack of tires everywhere, I've never had an issue buying tires as this season, but damn I guess there's nothing we can do about it its crazy.

On another note, the Contis have arrived and look okay, let's hope they fit, as you can see on the pictures there's not much difference in clearance, should fit just fine I think.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-20-2022, 01:25 PM   #25
BeastHB
Rep

Also I've left the new rims in for powder coating yesterday and should be done Friday so this weekend everything is gonna be done and installed hopefully.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 03:47 PM   #26
Kobe4Ever
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Also I've left the new rims in for powder coating yesterday and should be done Friday so this weekend everything is gonna be done and installed hopefully.
AWESOME!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 10:44 PM   #27
karzrkewl90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 G05 2015 F15

Garage List
2023 G05  [0.00]
2015 F15  [0.00]
These are going to look great. Can't wait to see pictures
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 02:53 PM   #28
BeastHB
Rep

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share a quick picture so you can see the finish result but I'll get it cleaned up and post better pictures from different angles so you can get an idea of how your car would look.

Everything came out perfect, no rubbing whatsoever and the ride quality so far has been great. I like the extra ground clearance I got also.

I like suvs being higher not lowered so this is a bonus for me.

Just know that if you go for this size specs you won't regret it, at least I won't. I'm happy with the end result

Sorry for the extra long wait on this but hope I could help you out in taking a better decision.

Check back tomorrow for more pictures.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2022, 07:46 AM   #29
Kobe4Ever
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share a quick picture so you can see the finish result but I'll get it cleaned up and post better pictures from different angles so you can get an idea of how your car would look.

Everything came out perfect, no rubbing whatsoever and the ride quality so far has been great. I like the extra ground clearance I got also.

I like suvs being higher not lowered so this is a bonus for me.

Just know that if you go for this size specs you won't regret it, at least I won't. I'm happy with the end result

Sorry for the extra long wait on this but hope I could help you out in taking a better decision.

Check back tomorrow for more pictures.
AWESOME!!! I just got those 818m wheels for my X5- being mounted this week- cant wait to see more pics!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 11:35 PM   #30
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

isn't your speed and drive driven will be 5% off (5% slower than actual speed, 5% less than actual mileage), and also 5% lower in actual acceleration at any given RPM/Gear?
      10-01-2022, 01:23 PM   #31
BeastHB
Rep

Quote:
AWESOME!!! I just got those 818m wheels for my X5- being mounted this week- cant wait to see more pics!
Those are going to look great! I think the look of the 818 look very aggressive specially with that setup of tires we are trying to fit them on
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 01:33 PM   #32
BeastHB
Rep

Sorry I haven’t post the pictures I said but the weather has been terrible, it hasn’t stopped raining so I haven’t been able to wash the car and take some good pictures.

Here are just a couple I took the other day. I’ll post some more as soon as I am able to get a good detail wash.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-03-2022, 08:52 PM   #33
Kobe4Ever
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sorry I haven’t post the pictures I said but the weather has been terrible, it hasn’t stopped raining so I haven’t been able to wash the car and take some good pictures.

Here are just a couple I took the other day. I’ll post some more as soon as I am able to get a good detail wash.
Very nice! How is it driving?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 12:49 AM   #34
BeastHB
Rep

Quote:
Very nice! How is it driving?
Honestly it is great, no rubbing whatsoever and same comfort and drive feel as with the 21’s .

A plus for me is I liked the small height it got.

Also the continentals have surprised me, I expected nothing from them and a stiffer ride bit they are actually handling pretty good so far.

It has been raining a lot and I’ve had no issues either , grip and breaking are just as fine. I’ll just have to see how they wear out.

But long story short, so far I’m pretty happy with how everything turned out. It was worth the wait for me. The car looks so much better.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 07:51 AM   #35
R34L15T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 30d M Sport

Quote:
Honestly it is great, no rubbing whatsoever and same comfort and drive feel as with the 21’s .

A plus for me is I liked the small height it got.

Also the continentals have surprised me, I expected nothing from them and a stiffer ride bit they are actually handling pretty good so far.

It has been raining a lot and I’ve had no issues either , grip and breaking are just as fine. I’ll just have to see how they wear out.

But long story short, so far I’m pretty happy with how everything turned out. It was worth the wait for me. The car looks so much better.
How are you getting on with these?

I’m looking to do similar, except scorpion verde all season 275/40/22 - however the backs are a real pain to find! I want all seasons but the rears are impossible with scorpion verde. The above might be a good option!

Last edited by R34L15T; 12-12-2022 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 10:47 AM   #36
AndyIndonesia
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6

Quote:
Seriously tho what is this lack of tires everywhere, I've never had an issue buying tires as this season, but damn I guess there's nothing we can do about it its crazy.

On another note, the Contis have arrived and look okay, let's hope they fit, as you can see on the pictures there's not much difference in clearance, should fit just fine I think.
You said that you are using the 22” 10.5 and 11.5 rims with this tyres
Can you please inform the rims offset ?

Thanks Before
Appreciate 0