BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-27-2022, 01:34 AM   #45
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
[QUOTE=BLUEX5M;29660053]Yes I went to James and he recommended the KW's I have had it lowered for about 5 months now and love it.

How is the ride quality compared to stock? What drop did you end up with. I've always heard good things about KW.
the stock ride is fairly firm I think, but quite fine for a daily.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 04:49 PM   #46
BLUEX5M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
That’s great to know. Are they the HAS or the full coil-over??
They are HAS
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 05:00 PM   #47
BLUEX5M
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=DaveDee;29675841]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEX5M View Post
Yes I went to James and he recommended the KW's I have had it lowered for about 5 months now and love it.

How is the ride quality compared to stock? What drop did you end up with. I've always heard good things about KW.
the stock ride is fairly firm I think, but quite fine for a daily.
Not a huge difference compared to stock besides being obviously lower in the car. The first time I went to see James he had another X5MC in there with MSS installed by him, speaking to the owner he was happy with the ride.

I went KW first of all as several people I spoke to recommended them and a couple of X5MC owners in Australia had them installed due to the wait on the MSS. James tells me now that he only installs KW on the X5MC but most guys in the USA have MSS installed and Ben swears by them so I would think either way you go you wont be disappointed.

Looking at photos on Bimmerpost of guys that installed MSS they look the same as mine in regard to closing gap between tyre and wheel arch which is about 40mm. If I could only do one mod to my X5MC it would be the springs it changed the whole stance of the car and I feel improved handling at speed (if that's possible on the X5MC)
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      12-27-2022, 05:05 PM   #48
BLUEX5M
Private
Rep

Oh Dave I forgot to mention if you are keeping the original wheels you must get spacers makes the stance more aggressive, if that's what you are after.
Appreciate 1
DaveDee532.00
      12-27-2022, 07:49 PM   #49
no7thgear
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5MC

Does anyone have a review of the new Dinan springs? Debating MSS v.s. those wondering if one handles better than another.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 08:44 PM   #50
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=BLUEX5M;29677793]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post

Not a huge difference compared to stock besides being obviously lower in the car. The first time I went to see James he had another X5MC in there with MSS installed by him, speaking to the owner he was happy with the ride.

I went KW first of all as several people I spoke to recommended them and a couple of X5MC owners in Australia had them installed due to the wait on the MSS. James tells me now that he only installs KW on the X5MC but most guys in the USA have MSS installed and Ben swears by them so I would think either way you go you wont be disappointed.

Looking at photos on Bimmerpost of guys that installed MSS they look the same as mine in regard to closing gap between tyre and wheel arch which is about 40mm. If I could only do one mod to my X5MC it would be the springs it changed the whole stance of the car and I feel improved handling at speed (if that's possible on the X5MC)
Huge improvement. Looks more like it should now. Thanks for the photos.
Appreciate 1
AUSX5M22.00
      12-28-2022, 01:38 AM   #51
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=no7thgear;29678307]Does anyone have a review of the new Dinan springs? Debating MSS v.s. those wondering if one handles better than another.

Interesting that Eibach, who make awesome springs (and also for others like MSS) do not make springs for our cars, yet they do for the G05 M50i
I'd be concerned that some suppliers rebrand springs from H&R and others. It seems there's good choices but benefit of the adjustable springs is setting to the desired height and rake that you can't achieve with straight springs

I've had a few sets of MSS over different cars with mixed results, never had an issue with Eibach, needed fillings replaced with H&R sport
Also dealing with good performance shops fitting these is a good indicator of their past experience with excellence or issues on the different brands

Dinan should be really good if they make the springs or have them made to their specs, their new exhaust system or X pipe is looking promising
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 09:23 PM   #52
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfitzvi View Post
Lowered on MSS and 12/18mm spacers. I ordered everything through Ben
Quote:
I just wanted to say thanks to all on here for the advice, finally got my X5MC lowered on Friday, thanks to Ben for reaching out with the MSS in the end I had to get KW adjustable springs and I went with 15mm/20mm spacers keeping the original 818s. It so awesome that you get great advice on Bimmerpost, thanks to all.
These look amazing! I thought there would be excess negative/positive camber in the front. Biggest reason I hadn’t done it yet.
      02-13-2023, 12:21 AM   #53
AUSX5M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5m

Quote:
That's the issue of being at the back end of the world it takes so long to get anything, down pipes are here so i bought them, slip ons in January (that probably means February !)

Turbo upgrade, interesting, let me know how you go with that, who is doing the work for you ?
Who did you get the down pipes through ?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 12:44 AM   #54
BLUEX5M
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSX5M View Post
Who did you get the down pipes through ?
I got them from Prestige Auto in Airport West Melbourne. Al though I haven't got them yet they tell me in a couple of weeks.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 03:02 AM   #55
AUSX5M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5m

Quote:
I got them from Prestige Auto in Airport West Melbourne. Al though I haven't got them yet they tell me in a couple of weeks.
I’ll be calling them the minute them open hoping they’ve got another set 🫣, it’s way too quite.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 03:01 PM   #56
AvaNick1
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Loving all the info here. I'm still struggling with the right spacers after lowering though. I'm good with 20mm in the rear but in some of the photos with 15mm in the front, it's too tough to tell if the front wheels are sticking out too far. Any incite there?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 07:26 PM   #57
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I went 12mm up front and 15mm in the rear with my stock winter wheels. Looks perfect and how it should have came from the factory.

If you are running 20mm in the back then I would go 15mm up front. 15/20mm is more on the aggressive side where as 12/15 is more oem looking.