BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-22-2020, 01:36 PM   #1
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Shop BMW USA Promo Code?

Does anyone know if there is a promo code this month for the BMW USA website? I'd like to buy floor mats for our X5 sDrive40i that's on order. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:45 PM   #2
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
Does anyone know if there is a promo code this month for the BMW USA website? I'd like to buy floor mats for our X5 sDrive40i that's on order. Thanks!
I was planning on ordering mine, too.

That's when I read a post that we are supposed to ask the dealer to add them for free since 'that is what my previous dealer did'.

I'll give that a try first...
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:50 PM   #3
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
I was planning on ordering mine, too.

That's when I read a post that we are supposed to ask the dealer to add them for free since 'that is what my previous dealer did'.

I'll give that a try first...
I meant the rubber floor mats, not the carpeted ones. The dealer would throw those in for free? I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 02:20 PM   #4
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
I meant the rubber floor mats, not the carpeted ones. The dealer would throw those in for free? I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!
My understanding is carpet floor mats come standard however upgraded/plusher floor mats are available at your local BMW dealership. I never use the rubber floor mats as our winters tend to be mild.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #5
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
My understanding is carpet floor mats come standard however upgraded/plusher floor mats are available at your local BMW dealership. I never use the rubber floor mats as our winters tend to be mild.
Same for us (I'm in Los Angeles), but I get it more so to keep the carpeted mats clean (I have a 2 year old).
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 02:37 PM   #6
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Yup, I'm referring to the rubber ones.

As stated, carpet ones are included.
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 1
bluzbra271.00
      01-22-2020, 05:50 PM   #7
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
I got it for much cheaper from ebay. Many dealers parts dept have eBay stores and sell things like this at a discount
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 06:08 PM   #8
x5_M50i_NC
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5MC / X740i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
I got it for much cheaper from ebay. Many dealers parts dept have eBay stores and sell things like this at a discount
I did this as well. Bought them on eBay and they came from Irvine BMW in CA
Appreciate 1
bluzbra271.00
      01-22-2020, 11:04 PM   #9
mnx5er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 3.5i

I got my dealer to throw in the rubber mats and cargo tray. I ordered the nicer M carpet mats on eBay. Way cheaper than my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 05:33 AM   #10
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

I have the rubber mats sitting in the basement along with the cargo mat. I threw the weathertech liners and cargo cover in immediately! Then again, we get snow and salt slushy mixes. I couldn’t do the regular mats! Not sure how much they would cost to ship to anyone? I’m in PA.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 05:45 AM   #11
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
I have the rubber mats sitting in the basement along with the cargo mat. I threw the weathertech liners and cargo cover in immediately! Then again, we get snow and salt slushy mixes. I couldn’t do the regular mats! Not sure how much they would cost to ship to anyone? I’m in PA.
Why weathertech vs bmw rubber mats?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 06:22 AM   #12
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

I've never even had to ask, the rubber "liners" have been thrown in free on all my cars since around 2010. I would wait until after delivery before buying accessories. Dealer may give you gift card and coupon for 20% off. Mine did this ($50 coupon + 20% off) as part of a genius appointment (forgot what they called it, but it was an appointment with BMW Genius for any questions after having the car for a few weeks, but in my case, I had none so they just gave me the coupon and I used it on a cargo liner and a travel mug).

Side note, there is a thread on the cargo mat debating BMW vs Weathertech. I have the bmw liner and it moves just fine for me when accessing the lower cargo bin and goes right back in place with no issues.
Appreciate 2
RVAGuy167.00
bluzbra271.00
      01-23-2020, 06:40 AM   #13
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I've never even had to ask, the rubber "liners" have been thrown in free on all my cars since around 2010. I would wait until after delivery before buying accessories. Dealer may give you gift card and coupon for 20% off. Mine did this ($50 coupon + 20% off) as part of a genius appointment (forgot what they called it, but it was an appointment with BMW Genius for any questions after having the car for a few weeks, but in my case, I had none so they just gave me the coupon and I used it on a cargo liner and a travel mug).

Side note, there is a thread on the cargo mat debating BMW vs Weathertech. I have the bmw liner and it moves just fine for me when accessing the lower cargo bin and goes right back in place with no issues.
I’ll look for weathertech thread. My son has and I don’t like. Hard plastic that somehow stains and I can’t get clean. Tried pressure washing, interior cleaner, etc. About to try bleach. Turns nice SUV/sedan into a truck.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 10:34 AM   #14
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

Quote:
Why weathertech vs bmw rubber mats?
The rubber mats didn't provide as much coverage as WeatherTech. BMW has their own liners (similar to WeatherTech), but were more expensive when I purchased the WeatherTechs. The cargo mat is much better, since it flares into the two access points for the first aid kit compartment and the fuse compartment. I've always gone with WeatherTech liners since the winters up here cause me to track mud, salt/rocks/ and slush into the car. The WT liners go up a little bit more. Think of using a bowl (WT) versus a dish (rubber mats)...you protects, but if you start piling on water, mud, and crud...it gets behind the mat. I can take a pic of the WTs if you want, but think someone else did on here.
Appreciate 1
RVAGuy167.00
      01-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #15
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
The rubber mats didn't provide as much coverage as WeatherTech. BMW has their own liners (similar to WeatherTech), but were more expensive when I purchased the WeatherTechs. The cargo mat is much better, since it flares into the two access points for the first aid kit compartment and the fuse compartment. I've always gone with WeatherTech liners since the winters up here cause me to track mud, salt/rocks/ and slush into the car. The WT liners go up a little bit more. Think of using a bowl (WT) versus a dish (rubber mats)...you protects, but if you start piling on water, mud, and crud...it gets behind the mat. I can take a pic of the WTs if you want, but think someone else did on here.
No need for photo but thanks. I’m familiar with wt as son has. I don’t like as impossible to clean and prefer a softer rubber vs hard plastic. Snow/salt not big issue a few hundred miles south of you.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #16
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

Quote:
No need for photo but thanks. I’m familiar with wt as son has. I don’t like as impossible to clean and prefer a softer rubber vs hard plastic. Snow/salt not big issue a few hundred miles south of you.
If the snow and salt isn't an issue, I would definitely go for the BMW rubber mats...easier to remove and put back for cleaning, plus you keep that BMW logo! Just thank your lucky stars you don't have salt happy road crews! Assume you still get the lovely potholes? If so, I wish there was a mat for that!
Appreciate 1
RVAGuy167.00
      01-23-2020, 12:08 PM   #17
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post

I think you're referring to the Encore visit. Great point - I can wait until then and see what they give. Or I can try to have them throw it in when I pick up the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #18
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
I think you're referring to the Encore visit. Great point - I can wait until then and see what they give. Or I can try to have them throw it in when I pick up the car.
Yes, Encore.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 12:31 PM   #19
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
If the snow and salt isn't an issue, I would definitely go for the BMW rubber mats...easier to remove and put back for cleaning, plus you keep that BMW logo! Just thank your lucky stars you don't have salt happy road crews! Assume you still get the lovely potholes? If so, I wish there was a mat for that!
Potholes here are not common as rarely use salt. Snow doesn’t last more than few days perhaps 1-2 yearly and depth only a few inches. Plus I’m retired so I stay indoors if necessary.
I have rubber mats for wives 650 but never use. I do want cargo mat for X5 as I use SUV for garden supplies, etc. I plan to purchase BMW mat as it appears to be soft rubber that I prefer vs wt hard plastic.
Thanks for suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 04:15 PM   #20
bmwX5may2019
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:
if you have costco membership, print discount certificate through https://www.costcoauto.com/. It should get you 15% off accessories at particular dealer.
Appreciate 1